Prospect Info: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Hopefully the Phantoms do not seem as "neglected" as they did the last half of the season.

I mean, I really don't think the D+coaching down there helped towards the end of the year, and the injuries mounted up, but they should not have missed the playoffs with the roster they had,

And next year barring a Euro/college UFA signing or bringing over at least one Swedish D the blueline is looking pretty underwhelming, even if Fwds and G look good.

Though it did show how important Myers was, once he came up they looked a different team on the back-end.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
Hopefully the Phantoms do not seem as "neglected" as they did the last half of the season.

I mean, I really don't think the D+coaching down there helped towards the end of the year, and the injuries mounted up, but they should not have missed the playoffs with the roster they had,

And next year barring a Euro/college UFA signing or bringing over at least one Swedish D the blueline is looking pretty underwhelming, even if Fwds and G look good.

Though it did show how important Myers was, once he came up they looked a different team on the back-end.
AMac might have helped, maybe he can next year.

rinaldo

Ignored Mmber
Apr 7, 2019

They were not neglected at all imo. The phantoms primary purpose is to feed the flyers. They did that as several phantoms saw significant time in the nhl. Add the injuries and you end up with a team who missed the playoffs.

Maybe the roster they has was a little overrated.

As far as huffman as a coach dont know enough to form an opinion either way.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
One interesting thing to watch is now that Fletcher has a coach, and an idea of the kind of team he wants to build, what does he do with Hextall prospects drafted for a more conservative, defensive oriented scheme?

Does Fletcher hold pat or try to reshape the prospect pipeline?

While Hogberg, Kalynuk and Zamula should fit fine with AV, do Ginning and St Ivany become trade bait in packages for prospects who are better fits?
He has a bunch of big forwards with average speed, are Vorobyev, Bunnaman, Strome, et al in the new Flyers' future?

iceman42

May 7, 2003
Enfield, NH
One interesting thing to watch is now that Fletcher has a coach, and an idea of the kind of team he wants to build, what does he do with Hextall prospects drafted for a more conservative, defensive oriented scheme?

While Hogberg, Kalynuk and Zamula should fit fine with AV, do Ginning and St Ivany become trade bait in packages for prospects who are better fits?
He has a bunch of big forwards with average speed, are Vorobyev, Bunnaman, Strome, et al in the new Flyers' future?

Since AV likes stretch passes he'll probably tell those three to just hang out in center ice .. lol

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
Ratcliffe scores 2 straight in the 3rd to put Guelph up a goal in game 7. 15 mins left.
What's the opposite of a red flag?

giphy.gif

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

Your worst post ever, and the worst post in the history of the internet. Ever.

giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
We think maybe there's a reason Fletcher was talking about him as untouchable along with Frost and Farabee.
Raising your game in the playoffs is a good sign, raising your game with the season on the line is an even better sign.

Reactions: PhlthyRich

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
What do we think of him moving forward?

I like him. Not nearly as much as some people, but he will find his way to be a useful player. I question how good he'll be offensively 5v5. He doesn't really carry the puck well, or win board battles enough. He has surprised me lately though with some nice passes down low.

Ratcliffe should be pretty good as a net front PP guy. He has hands and smarts. I'm really intrigued at the prospect of him on the PK. He has a chance to be a really good PK'er. He has good anticipation and, obviously, amazing reach.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Ratcliffe's problems with board battles and fighting for the puck are the same as Sanheim.
When you're a taller player you have a higher center of gravity, especially on skates, so you need to add strength and mass to counter the leverage advantage of shorter players.
If you're Myers or Morin, you have that mass and are as movable as the boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad