Prospect Info: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
One approach is to lock them all in our basements but include Taryn.
747cf5ae0b5a4d225305f9b80ab68792.png

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
Meltzer was hyping up a guy like Grossmann long before he worked for the Flyers. He was actually signing his praises as a defensive dman the very day that Hextall traded him as a throw-in.

Meltzer we loved Swedes, tho.

Alex91

Sep 12, 2014
Meltzer is like that guy at work, that everyone got along with and respected his work. Then he got a promotion and tried to become too chummy with the bosses and became the person we all hated to begin with and lost touch with what made him good to begin with.

During the Laughton-Morin-Sanheim draft years I literally would refresh hockeybuzz waiting for meltzers daily prospect right ups and pre/post game reports. Then around 2013/14ish he started to switch his style up slowly, and became less in touch with prospects, and gave less personal opinions and more generic write ups. I don’t think that it helped that HB and EK lost their magic at the same time. People shit on EK (me as well) but at a time I thought he was actually on to things. Plus I think Bill was a HS user just like me, and when that site went down following prospects personally got a lot harder.

Now he is just awful and not worth a follow unless your interested in random flyers birthdays and book signings.

gertbfrobe16

Feb 3, 2018
wonder if meltzer, still covers two teams on hb. i think he covered the stars, as well as the flyers.

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
Went to look at that endless well of hot takes.

IQ lowered by three points.

I now have an IQ of four points.

Thanks Ted.

I do what I can. You’re welcome

Reactions: pit

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
And then Taryn gets saved by Carter and Nolan from the evil clutches of the Flyers media personalities. How will she choose between her two heroes? Find out in the next exciting installment of Flyby: A Heartbreaking Romance co authored by Jake Voracek and Gritty.

Alternate title: Beauty and the Beats

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
Meltzer we loved Swedes, tho.
Folks at Buzz treat Meltzer like some all knowing hockey/Flyers genius. It’s ridiculous. I may not be a “professional” hockey writer, but I’ll put my 20 or so years of playing/coaching the sport up against his years of watching others play any day of the week.

Reactions: macleish1974

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
Folks at Buzz treat Meltzer like some all knowing hockey/Flyers genius. It’s ridiculous. I may not be a “professional” hockey writer, but I’ll put my 20 or so years of playing/coaching the sport up against his years of watching others play any day of the week.
He knows his stuff, and his when he says something, it usually has reasoning behind it. However that reasoning is based on the league 10 years ago. I still appreciate the hard work he put in, but i’m not sure how much of his opinions are because he now works for the team or if it’s what he truly believes.

Reactions: BiggE

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Hits do matter, just look at what the Islander 4th line and Oshie did to us over the weekend.
But how you hit people matters, Gudas was more effective when he was flattening entries at the blue line, Hagg has numbers but limited impact.
Our forwards don't hit enough - because on the forecheck, hits usually mean you're getting to the puck after you dump it in.
Hitting players after the puck is gone is just an exercise in futility.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Hits do matter, just look at what the Islander 4th line and Oshie did to us over the weekend.
But how you hit people matters, Gudas was more effective when he was flattening entries at the blue line, Hagg has numbers but limited impact.
Our forwards don't hit enough - because on the forecheck, hits usually mean you're getting to the puck after you dump it in.
Agreed....except for the last line. Finishing you checks can absolutely matter. It can wear down dmen. It can make them over react next time because they know that check is coming. So it can lead to a bad pass, or a bad decision.

It is 100% an element to the game that we lack. Some of it is coaching. Some of it is ability and personnel. Hopefully the next coach brings it back.

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018

Hagg's hits mostly come from times after a player has beaten him, usually wide, and made a pass to someone wide open for a scoring chance. So in essence, the hit is useless, but it still "counts" on the stat sheet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad