Prospect Info: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Ondrej Kase had 26 points in 39 games at age 20-21.
David Kase (battling injury) has 19 points in 30 games at age 21-22.

Would be nice to see a young kid or two have an available depth role next season. You know, instead of wasting pointless games with Varone-Knight-Bailey types.

But we had an 8% chance of making the playoffs, gotta play Varone.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania

Would be nice to see a young kid or two have an available depth role next season. You know, instead of wasting pointless games with Varone-Knight-Bailey types or their NHL league minimum equivalent.
f***ing Morgan Frost is going to have a hard enough time making this team... forget lesser prospects having a chance (unless they suck and don’t deserve it).

I wish we lived in a world where hockey dinosaurs didn’t hate and fear youth, but until I get hired we’re going to continue seeing this problem, even for our top prospects.

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
Really inexcusable that NAK didn't get 30+ games in the NHL this season. He's exactly the kind of guy you want to use when he has his young legs and hasn't been beaten to a pulp yet -- get him out there creating havoc on the 4th line and make him earn a contract.
Sad part is NAK is an RFA at seasons end and is also no longer waiver exempt next season so if he doesn’t make the Flyers roster next season, there is a possibility he could be claimed just as Danick Martel was this season.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com

Would be nice to see a young kid or two have an available depth role next season. You know, instead of wasting pointless games with Varone-Knight-Bailey types or their NHL league minimum equivalent.

I think most people who watched both since age ~17 would be pretty unanimous in saying David had more "natural" talent than Ondrej.

But Ondrej has such a high hockey IQ, and while David is not a "brainless" player I am not sure his is quite as high.

Nevertheless, I can easily see him becoming a damn good 3rd liner, same as NAK.

And I concur completely.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
Sad part is NAK is an RFA at seasons end and is also no longer waiver exempt next season so if he doesn’t make the Flyers roster next season, there is a possibility he could be claimed just as Danick Martel was this season.
After his recovery from injury, it would have been better if NAK had been brought up instead of Bailey. The latter just isn't an NHL player at all.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Gordon had NAK for two years in LHV, if he thought he was better than Bailey one would think he'd lobby for him, given his future is on the line.
The fact that NAK never really got a chance under Gordon tells me Gordon didn't think as highly of him as people on this board.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Coaches lobby for players, if Gordon really felt NAK could help the team win (and if he was healthy, if he's rehabbing something, they'd keep him in LHV) he'd have pushed hard for him.

I'm actually more interested in seeing Kase, I think he has more upside than NAK. Good genes.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Coaches lobby for players, if Gordon really felt NAK could help the team win (and if he was healthy, if he's rehabbing something, they'd keep him in LHV) he'd have pushed hard for him.

I'm actually more interested in seeing Kase, I think he has more upside than NAK. Good genes.
Maybe he did....and Fletch said "No, I want to see what we have in Bailey first"

Point is, we have no idea what is being said behind the scenes.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

don-cherry.jpg

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
NAK isn't on the team because Gordon doesn't want him there?
But Hakstol had no choice but to play the guys on the roster. He didn't love Hagg and Manning and MacDonald, he just had no choice!

Weird that an interim coach has control over who's on the team but the highly paid, long term guy didn't. Quite the contradiction.

Last edited:

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
This phantoms team could really use the infusion of young talent that comes at the end of the year. The sooner we get them signed the better chance at a playoff push

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
This phantoms team could really use the infusion of young talent that comes at the end of the year. The sooner we get them signed the better chance at a playoff push
It is about as likely as the Flyers making the playoffs. Just isn't going to happen. There aren't wildcards like the NHL. It is the top 4 in each division and the Phantoms are 8 points out with 10 games to go (they have a game in hand).

The goal should be about getting some feet wet rather than trying to push for the playoffs

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Guess the Flyers think he's ready, I doubt they encouraged him to go pro to spend a year in LHV.
It's going to be pretty crowded there next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad