Prospect Info: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Well, many people ARE expecting Ratcliffe to be a 30+ goal, unique, top 6 winger to pair with Frost. He was touted as a mid-1st. I’m not sure what your point is.

And while 50 goals jumps out, I wouldn’t say his numbers have been “great.” They’re the exact numbers someone like Robertson put up at age 17. It’s also the first time he’s played with a premiere playmaker, but that’s also partly my point.

I was talking to @baudib1 about his hope that Ratcliffe becomes a better player than Simmonds. That's where my comments about Lee and players exceeding draft expectations stems from.

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
The organization just pumped out Hart and Myers this year, those are two high-end prospects. Frost and Farabee are arriving next season, possibly in the AHL but I'd guess that both will see time in Philly. That's not too shabby. Plus we have 2017 draft pick Nolan Patrick on the NHL roster.

So yeah, we're lacking in high-end prospects once you ignore those really good ones.

None of Allison/Ratcliffe/Rubtsov/NAK/Strome/Sushko/Bunnaman/Cates/Lacz project to be better than third-line players, but it's a fair chance one of them will be. Guys like Wayne Simmonds and Ferland didn't project to be top 6 players but they got there.

Allison & Rubtsov have top 6 potential. Allison in particular. He could wreak havoc on the forecheck in the NHL today and not be out of place. Allison has a great shot & he’s a mean SOB so those who love dem hitz will love him when he’s a member of the Flyers (he really has little leverage right now).

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Allison & Rubtsov have top 6 potential. Allison in particular. He could wreak havoc on the forecheck in the NHL today and not be out of place. Allison has a great shot & he’s a mean SOB so those who love dem hitz will love him when he’s a member of the Flyers (he really has little leverage right now).

Yeah I'm not saying he can't be great, just that Frost and Farabee are clear high-end prospects who project to be top 6ers, and no one else is really in their class.

Reactions: Devonator

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Well, many people ARE expecting Ratcliffe to be a 30+ goal, unique, top 6 winger to pair with Frost. He was touted as a mid-1st. I’m not sure what your point is.

And while 50 goals jumps out, I wouldn’t say his numbers have been “great.” They’re the exact numbers someone like Robertson put up at age 17. It’s also the first time he’s played with a premiere playmaker, but that’s also partly my point.

Well, given the track record of players his size, I'd just wait a couple years for Ratcliffe to fill out.
He has good hands around the net, but also a good wrist shot, something Simmonds seemed to lack.
He has the speed to get back on defense if he's coached up, and the reach and speed to maybe help on the PK.
So the upside is there, but we'll have to wait to see if he fills out and learns to use that big body to dominate around the net.

We have plenty of young playmakers at center in Patrick, Frost, Rubtsov, Vorobyev, so Ratcliffe is valuable if he can just score goals.

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
Yeah I'm not saying he can't be great, just that Frost and Farabee are clear high-end prospects who project to be top 6ers, and no one else is really in their class.

Ah, I gotcha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca