Prospect Info: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I doubt Tanner or Wade would be PPG at LHV. I doubt Marody would be either, but I was definitely curious to see how he’d look.

Good for Marody though. He wouldn’t have gotten the chance here and Edmonton’s depth is garbage so he’s probably going to be on McDavid’s wing at some point and parlaying that into some dough.

Last edited:

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Yeah, I can see Marody getting 20+ goals like Sheary with Crosby.
Two years later Pittsburgh traded Sheary for a 4th rd pick.

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
Can't figure out which celebration was the offensive one, neither one is remotely extravagant.

If we asked Don Cherry, it would be his first one (the one where he was born Russian).

giphy.gif

Alex91

Sep 12, 2014
I’m just not a fan of players doing any over the top celebrations, especially on non important goals. Ones that come to mind that I don’t like in pro games are the dap, the arrow, the rubbing your hand on the ice and blowing the snow, the stick high in the air, putting the gun back in the holster and the the hulk hogan ear thing.

The best celebrations are the ones that come from peer emotion, and involve team mates or the fans, rather then something pre planned. Rather see guys celebrate the teams effort then putting all the attention on themselves.

Reactions: tymed

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
Thats kind of ****ed up.

The local fans know Lyon. He's got history with the team in the regular season and the playoffs. A lot of people buy tickets or tune in to watch the Phantoms, not the future Flyers. So, when a NHL vet comes in for the start--for a rehab stint, no less--over their guy, it's not going to be the most popular move.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
The local fans know Lyon. He's got history with the team in the regular season and the playoffs. A lot of people buy tickets or tune in to watch the Phantoms, not the future Flyers. So, when a NHL vet comes in for the start--for a rehab stint, no less--over their guy, it's not going to be the most popular move.

Yeah most of those fans care about the career minor leaguers way more than most of us on this board do. They care more about wins & losses as where we just want guys to be developed for the Flyers. They see it as an actual team as where we just see it as a team there to cater the Flyers needs.

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
Minor league fans actually watch the team year after year, they don't just check in every once in a while to check out the prospects. So naturally they're gonna grow attached to the guys who play there for a while and produce. Some of them probably like the big club, too, but obviously they're gonna grow fond of the AHL all star who plays there four years and scores 70 points a year more than the NHL prospect who's only there a couple months before making the bigs full time. Like LoD said they have a vested interest in the team beyond just the young guys.

That's not to say that they all hate prospects, lol. Can't speak to the Phantoms but guys like Budaj, Mike Green, Fehr, Neuvy, John Carlson, Holtby, etc were really popular in Hershey before they made the NHL. They all spent more than a few months here, too. But with the way and frequency Washington has historically drafted, as a Bears fan, I've cared way more about the Graham Minks and Chris Bourques of the hockey world than whatever fourth round college prospect is coming here to play a couple years in his mid twenties before leaving for Europe or something. I always look forward to free agency just to see what AHL vets the Caps are gonna sign.

Guys like Carey and Varone have put up good numbers with the Phantoms and contributed to wins, so naturally they're going to be fan favorites. Just because they're not 20 year old prozpex doesn't mean the local fans should just shun and boo them, lol.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad