Prospect Info: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
lmao

At 15, Tavares was the second leading scoring on his OHL team. 2ppg player in that league until he graduated at 19.

In the NHL, he was the leading scorer on his team for the first 2 seasons.

Oh, wait, never mind... Patrick is better than Tavares

:propeller:faq:

I said JT was the better scorer, I was comparing their pre-draft years, before Patrick got injured (he would have likely had a monster year if healthy).

We're starting to see the pre-injury Patrick, scouting reports touted his skating, but I didn't see anything exceptional until the last couple weeks, then wow, where did that come from? It may well be that Patrick was holding back subconsciously from pushing with his lower body due to bad habits from favoring his injury for two years.

He's taking longer than I hoped (and some others had similar expectations) and I think the injuries probably slowed his development. And he hasn't filled out as fast as I expected (he's got a good sized frame) - as he adds strength to his improved skating he'll be the full package. But people who think that he's a 15-20 goal scorer/40 ES point 3C off his first two seasons are really underrating him. Patrick is the complete package, and we're lucky to have him going forward.

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
I said JT was the better scorer, I was comparing their pre-draft years, before Patrick got injured (he would have likely had a monster year if healthy).

We're starting to see the pre-injury Patrick, scouting reports touted his skating, but I didn't see anything exceptional until the last couple weeks, then wow, where did that come from? It may well be that Patrick was holding back subconsciously from pushing with his lower body due to bad habits from favoring his injury for two years.

He's taking longer than I hoped (and some others had similar expectations) and I think the injuries probably slowed his development. And he hasn't filled out as fast as I expected (he's got a good sized frame) - as he adds strength to his improved skating he'll be the full package. But people who think that he's a 15-20 goal scorer/40 ES point 3C off his first two seasons are really underrating him. Patrick is the complete package, and we're lucky to have him going forward.

Their pre-draft years aren’t comparable. Tavares was simply the better player.

I’m excited to have Patrick, but he’s no Tavares. And, that’s okay.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012

tenor.gif

Hextall was his big supporter. He's gone and the new regime doesn't see Misha's value. They'd rather ride with f***ing Varone.

I outlined how Misha had improved the 4th line's possession stats greatly in his last 4 games, but oh well. They aren't interested in giving him a real look. Just a few 4th line minutes a game and done.

They'd rather leak crap to the media about his poor work ethic and have Carchidi & SanFilipo beat him up on Twitter. It's pretty weak.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Vorobyev will get another shot if he earns it, what killed him on the Flyers was Bailey, allowing Varone to move back to center, where he's a better player, and a better center than Voroybev right now.

Vorobyev is only 22, still relatively inexperienced, and he has skills, but he has to work on his skating, become a more physical player, and play with more urgency - in today's NHL you can't play a "patient, read the flow" game anymore, the league is too fast for that kind of player. When you hit the ice you have to rev it up, and make quick, smart decisions, sorta like a video game where you jump a couple levels.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I think that he's finished as a Flyer. With Frost, Bunnaman and Rubtsov in the system, I doubt that he'll get by them to play C on this club. His defense isn't too bad but his offense is non-existent. They gave him a shot but it didn't work out.
Don't know about finished, but his future here is not at center, and they're going to increase their expectations for what they want from on the Phantoms.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
tenor.gif

Hextall was his big supporter. He's gone and the new regime doesn't see Misha's value. They'd rather ride with ****ing Varone.

I outlined how Misha had improved the 4th line's possession stats greatly in his last 4 games, but oh well. They aren't interested in giving him a real look. Just a few 4th line minutes a game and done.

They'd rather leak crap to the media about his poor work ethic and have Carchidi & SanFilipo beat him up on Twitter. It's pretty weak.

I don't know what leaking that kind of stuff to the media does to help them or him. Maybe they include him in a trade to make it work. The fact is that if he was doing what they were looking for, they wouldn't have looked to replace him.

Reactions: renberg

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Jumping the gun much?

Rubstov is wasting another season despite his good start to the AHL.

Bunny 21 pts in 37 games
Pimp 22 pts in 32 games

Reactions: Curufinwe

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
I don't know what leaking that kind of stuff to the media does to help them or him. Maybe they include him in a trade to make it work. The fact is that if he was doing what they were looking for, they wouldn't have looked to replace him.

The vast majority of players in the league wouldn't have performed much better than what Misha did in his situation with limited chances, obvious short leash, and lack of confidence. Don't act like he was given much of a chance, or even performed poorly. I gave the possession stats before the Minny game.

And yes, someone clearly leaked crap to the media about him. Multiple beat reporters were foaming at the mouth to write about his "poor" work ethic before he even played in his 2nd stint here.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
You get a shot, you take advantage of it.
Bailey learned that in Buffalo, so far he's flying out there, taking advantage of every shift to impress his HC.

Varone is a center, the idea that you can just move a guy from center to the wing and have no impact is fallacious, some can like Giroux, some can't - just look at how much better Bunnaman is at center, and Varone is similar. Same way I doubt Vorobyev will ever move to wing. So it's not surprising that Varone looks much better at center, that's where he's comfortable.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The vast majority of players in the league wouldn't have performed much better than what Misha did in his situation with limited chances, obvious short leash, and lack of confidence. Don't act like he was given much of a chance, or even performed poorly. I gave the possession stats before the Minny game.

And yes, someone clearly leaked crap to the media about him. Multiple beat reporters were foaming at the mouth to write about his "poor" work ethic before he even played in his 2nd stint here.

Gordon’s MO is that he’s been clear with players what it takes for them to get off of the 4th line. He hasn’t been seeing it. And this is one of the guys he’s more familiar with than Hakstol was so he’s apt to give him more opportunities and he hasn’t.

Reactions: Rebels57

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Vorobyev probably isn't that good but he deserved more of a shot than he's gotten with the Flyers. If the team is just going to give up on their prospects this quickly in favor of Varone types, it doesn't bode well for the 10-12 kids in LHV or on the way there next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad