Prospect Info: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doodootheclown

Oct 24, 2011
DelCo
Looks like Carter Hart is getting his SV% up to .900 and that GAA is coming down, but I won't judge him too much on that, I know AHL defense are optional most of the time.

The SV% will be the key for me, lets get that back to 92% and I'll get amped up.
@GeorgeLeafer12 posted in the prospect page in reference to Hart

vs Senators (10-27) : W 31 shots faced
vs Thunderbirds (11-09) : W 18 shots faced
vs Checkers (11-14) : W 37 shots faced

In those 3 games: 3 wins, 1.93 GAA, .923 SV%

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Are we SURE Pimp isn't a better option than Torgo? Dave? Ron?

Torgo's been benched, so why would you want Misha in the press box?

The Pimp will be back, but there's no reason to rush right now, he's not going to play as well as Weal, and he's not a great 4th line fit (speed), Rubtsov is faster so he'd fit a Laughton - 4C - Raffl/NAK/Weise line.

If Weal cools off or there's an injury . . .

flyersjim73

Nov 19, 2011
Philly
@GeorgeLeafer12 posted in the prospect page in reference to Hart

vs Senators (10-27) : W 31 shots faced
vs Thunderbirds (11-09) : W 18 shots faced
vs Checkers (11-14) : W 37 shots faced

In those 3 games: 3 wins, 1.93 GAA, .923 SV%

I don’t want to ridicule this too much... but...

So you’re saying he’s playing better in the games he has won???!!! That does sound shocking. That might be the very definition of cherry picking stats.

With the preface that I haven’t seen much of the Phantoms because of lack of access (like most people I imagine), it certainly doesn’t look like he has started off well. It’s not like Alex Lyon has struggled when he played. It’s possible that the team has just played better with Lyon in net, but it certainly seems more plausible that Lyon has just been the better goalie so far.

Just to clarify, Hart is still a phenomenal prospect who I expect to be a very good NHL goalie... let’s just not act like he hasn’t struggled to start off his pro career. It’s still very early anyways. Hopefully this last game is him turning things around.

Reactions: Asnito

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Torgo's been benched, so why would you want Misha in the press box?

The Pimp will be back, but there's no reason to rush right now, he's not going to play as well as Weal, and he's not a great 4th line fit (speed), Rubtsov is faster so he'd fit a Laughton - 4C - Raffl/NAK/Weise line.

If Weal cools off or there's an injury . . .
Wait, wait, wait.

Vorobyev is not a good fit on the 4th line because of speed....yet we have had Lehtera as a C all year. You make no sense considering Vorobyev is WAY faster than Torgo.

Reality is, Vorobyev's future with us might only ever be on the 4th line.

macleish1974

Crash.....Heart of a Lion
Aug 2, 2005
Florida Swampland
Hart is not a dumb kid. He is 20, and my granddaughter is 21. Millennials ......;-))

Each time he plays, he learns. He soaks up everything. Every goal he has let in, he learns, and that type of goal does not happen again. Gauthier, the goal he let in, was a wicked wrister. He said he was "asleep", actually the shot was a lot quicker than he thought. Gauthier has an excellent shot. He was a first rounder for a very good reason. He will learn all the players tendencies. He just started, just do not be impatient with a millennial, they are quite different than a X Gen or us baby boomers.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Wait, wait, wait.

Vorobyev is not a good fit on the 4th line because of speed....yet we have had Lehtera as a C all year. You make no sense considering Vorobyev is WAY faster than Torgo.

Reality is, Vorobyev's future with us might only ever be on the 4th line.

You have Weise - Laughton - NAK
then get Raffl back, so if you're bringing a kid up to push Laughton to LW, who would be the best fit?

I think Vorobyev's future may be as a trade piece, not because he can't play, but even if Simmonds, Weal and Raffl leave, you have Frost, Rubtsov, NAK, Kase. And while Allison and Laczynski might start in the AHL if signed, they probably won't spend the year there.
Where does Vorobyev fit? Rubtsov looks better at C than he did last year at RW in juniors.

First world problems.

Adtar02

@NateThompson44 is a bum
Apr 8, 2012
2nd star 2 the right
You have Weise - Laughton - NAK
then get Raffl back, so if you're bringing a kid up to push Laughton to LW, who would be the best fit?

I think Vorobyev's future may be as a trade piece, not because he can't play, but even if Simmonds, Weal and Raffl leave, you have Frost, Rubtsov, NAK, Kase. And while Allison and Laczynski might start in the AHL if signed, they probably won't spend the year there.
Where does Vorobyev fit? Rubtsov looks better at C than he did last year at RW in juniors.

First world problems.
I honestly don’t understand how you can assume anyone will be on the team next year or soon. And to suggest players are close is a joke at this point. We’ve been expecting players for three year to get a shot and some still haven’t.

Reactions: Asnito and Tripod

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
What players have been expected to have a shot for three years?
Morin - he's injured.
NAK - he's on the NHL team in year 3
Myers - 2nd year in the AHL and should be up this spring.
MV? Stolarz (another injury)?

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I don’t want to ridicule this too much... but...

So you’re saying he’s playing better in the games he has won???!!! That does sound shocking. That might be the very definition of cherry picking stats.

With the preface that I haven’t seen much of the Phantoms because of lack of access (like most people I imagine), it certainly doesn’t look like he has started off well. It’s not like Alex Lyon has struggled when he played. It’s possible that the team has just played better with Lyon in net

Lyon has only played 4 games, and he gave up 6 goals in his last game.

flyersjim73

Nov 19, 2011
Philly
Lyon has only played 4 games, and he gave up 6 goals in his last game.

Didn’t catch that. Frankly I look at that as a good thing - I’d rather it be a Phantoms issue than a Carter Hart issue. If I’m not mistaken, Lyon had wayyy better stats before that... but hopefully it’s the Phantoms that are more the inconsistent factor rather than the goalies.

Regardless, the point was that citing stats from only a goalies wins seems arbitrary to say the least.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Myers comes up when Hextall decides he's ready to start.
Folin is a placeholder, he won't block Myers.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Up to now, prospects have been bifurcated, either top players who made it quickly, Provorov, TK, Patrick, Lindblom, Ghost or 2nd tier guys who had to wait for an opportunity, Cousins, Leier, Weal, Hagg.
Sanheim only spend a year in the AHL, failed like Vorobyev, but was back up after a couple months.
Laughton made it quickly, then was sent down for a year and is back.

Now the 2nd tier guys may never get a shot, MV, Bunnaman, Twarynski, etc.
Even the top of the 2nd tier will struggle, Vorobyev, Kase, Friedman, Lyon have no guarantee they'll ever obtain a NHL roster spot in Philly.

BigToe

Robocop sucks
Jan 6, 2018
Philly
Hart is not a dumb kid. He is 20, and my granddaughter is 21. Millennials ......;-))

Each time he plays, he learns. He soaks up everything. Every goal he has let in, he learns, and that type of goal does not happen again. Gauthier, the goal he let in, was a wicked wrister. He said he was "asleep", actually the shot was a lot quicker than he thought. Gauthier has an excellent shot. He was a first rounder for a very good reason. He will learn all the players tendencies. He just started, just do not be impatient with a millennial, they are quite different than a X Gen or us baby boomers.
That would be gen Z sir, not Millennials.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
ij7C1Va.jpg

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
That would be gen Z sir, not Millennials.

They're going to be calling kids Millenials that aren't actually Millenials for the next decade or so. Hell, the oldest Millenials are quickly closing in on 40, but the cliche is still early 20-something barista with a liberal arts degree in basket-weaving and a penchant for avocado toast. People like their tropes and cliches.

Adtar02

@NateThompson44 is a bum
Apr 8, 2012
2nd star 2 the right
Up to now, prospects have been bifurcated, either top players who made it quickly, Provorov, TK, Patrick, Lindblom, Ghost or 2nd tier guys who had to wait for an opportunity, Cousins, Leier, Weal, Hagg.
Sanheim only spend a year in the AHL, failed like Vorobyev, but was back up after a couple months.
Laughton made it quickly, then was sent down for a year and is back.

Now the 2nd tier guys may never get a shot, MV, Bunnaman, Twarynski, etc.
Even the top of the 2nd tier will struggle, Vorobyev, Kase, Friedman, Lyon have no guarantee they'll ever obtain a NHL roster spot in Philly.
Ghost wasn’t quickly

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Ghost blew out his knee, then spent a couple months in the AHL.
Had he stayed healthy, he'd been one year in the AHL then up.

Adtar02

@NateThompson44 is a bum
Apr 8, 2012
2nd star 2 the right
Ghost blew out his knee, then spent a couple months in the AHL.
Had he stayed healthy, he'd been one year in the AHL then up.
Ghost was an injury call up. So was linblom. You said player will be up this spring. As though they will get a shot. The year we missed the playoffs no one got a shot. As someone else pointed to it would be an injury call up. Then you changed your stance to when hextall says so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad