Prospect Info: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Folin the placeholder....the guy who has played the 4th most minutes per game the last 3 weeks for our Dmen.

And AMac was 3rd last season, this year . . .
MDZ played a lot of minutes (21:55, 23:25, 19:30), then he was gone . . .

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Maybe I just dnn't care about Hakstol one way or another, so most of what I write has little to do with his decisions.
I realize that some here are obsessed with him, and blame him for everything wrong in America, from the election of Trump to the Caps winning the SC and the collapse of the Eagles this year, but I find that all to be ridiculous.

All I ask of Hakstol is he not ruin the young prospects, and while some may disagree with his handling of players, we haven't see any prospects crater the way they have for other organizations. And most are becoming solid two way players.

In a couple years this will be a very talented team, if Hakstol can't win with that team, then we'll do what Pittsburgh and other teams have done, cycle through a few HCs until one takes us to the promised land.

Most NHL coaches are overrated, the key is to be the right coach with the right team that can play your style of hockey at the right time in a team's talent cycle, when there is a solid core of young players near or at their peak - old enough to handle the playoffs, young enough not to run out of gas. Build the team and you can find a HC, but a HC without enough talent ain't taking you anywhere.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I don't go out of my way to defend him, the Hive goes out of its way to blow every move out of proportion.
As if Hakstol does things differently than most NHL coaches, bench young players, play "reliable" veterans more minutes, etc. etc.
People nitpick left and right, I just think it's a bunch of nonsense.

"You win or you die" - applies to both GOT and NHL.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I don't go out of my way to defend him

giphy.gif

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
My "defense" has always been that Hakstol basically does what almost every other coach does, including many that were praised here (until their teams went into tailspins, like the Devils). Gallant got fired in Florida because he didn't trust analytics and preferred "heavy" players, sound familiar?

So I've never gotten the level of animus, it's not like the Flyers have failed to make the playoffs for the last three years (if it's so easy, how come so many rebuilding teams miss out for 4 or 5 years?), nor have our prospects deep sixed like many teams.

I just don't obsess about him, I'm focused on the rebuild, the talent pipeline, Hextall's big moves that are coming in the next couple years.
Either Hakstol wins, or he's replaced, you'll crap all over the next coach, and if he wins y'all get on your knees for him.
Beef can nitpick to his heart's content, I just don't lose sleep over that, I'd rather a dunce who wins than a genius who looks good losing.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
But you just said this spring and used second ahl season as the reason. None of their others got that even when we were out of the playoffs. That’s the point man.

Sanheim played mostly in the NHL in his second pro season. Sure seems like they he was more advanced at the age of 21 as Morin, Hagg and now Myers.

Last edited:

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Myers was always behind Sanheim in his development, he didn't play much until his post-draft season in juniors, he was nicked his PD+2 season, and last year in the AHL, so he's both a late bloomer and missed a bunch of PT. If he makes the NHL this spring, he'll have just turned 22 years old, not exactly ancient.

Morin was a project the day he was drafted, but he'd have probably won a starting job last year at 22 if he doesn't get injured, Hextall had said he wanted to give all three rookies a shot, just not at the same time.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Myers was always behind Sanheim in his development, he didn't play much until his post-draft season in juniors, he was nicked his PD+2 season, and last year in the AHL, so he's both a late bloomer and missed a bunch of PT. If he makes the NHL this spring, he'll have just turned 22 years old, not exactly ancient.

Morin was a project the day he was drafted, but he'd have probably won a starting job last year at 22 if he doesn't get injured, Hextall had said he wanted to give all three rookies a shot, just not at the same time.
Then why were you so sure Myers would make the Flyers to start the season when you posted in the summer?

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Patrick > Tavares. :nod:

Patrick 2.30 pp/60
JT 2.13 pp/60 last five seasons (he's scoring at an unsustainable rate right now in Toronto)

So yeah, Patrick at 20 is scoring like Tavares at 23-27
And Patrick is going to be a much better defensive center.
So yeah, going forward I'd definitely take Patrick over Tavares.

Then why were you so sure Myers would make the Flyers to start the season when you posted in the summer?

Because he has the skills to succeed in the NHL and worked out hard in the summer and came to camp 6'5 220, so unlike Sanheim, he was physically ready to play in the NHL.
He showed flashes in TC, but like his start at LHV, just isn't consistent enough game to game to start in the NHL right now.
A bad team might rush him, but he's best where he is until he raises his game a notch, the peaks are great, just needs to fill in the valleys.
Hextall will bring him up when he feels Myers is ready to insert into the starting lineup on a permanent basis.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
Correct me if I’m wrong here but doesn’t Morin have to be on the roster when he is healthy or he has to go on waivers in order to be sent down to LV. He does qualify for a re-hab period at LV but that’s it. If he was to be put on waivers to go back down to LV, he’d never make it. Some team would claim him.

Reactions: IronMarshal

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Correct me if I’m wrong here but doesn’t Morin have to be on the roster when he is healthy or he has to go on waivers in order to be sent down to LV. He does qualify for a re-hab period at LV but that’s it. If he was to be put on waivers to go back down to LV, he’d never make it. Some team would claim him.

There's no roster limit after the trade deadline which is February 25th. So if they wait till then to activate him they can keep Morin on the Flyers provided there is enough salary cap space, which there will be.

CURRENT CAP SPACE
q.svg
: $9,895,226
DEADLINE CAP SPACE
q.svg
: $35,128,053

Allison went 10 months between games from his ACL injury. If Morin takes 10 months, that would see him return in March.

Reactions: Tripod

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
There's no roster limit after the trade deadline which is February 25th. So if they wait till then to activate him they can keep Morin on the Flyers provided there is enough salary cap space, which there will be.

CURRENT CAP SPACE
q.svg
DEADLINE CAP SPACE
q.svg

Allison went 10 months between games from his ACL injury. If Morin takes 10 months, that would see him return in March.
They have a two week conditioning assignment as a buffer too. He won't be put on waivers

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
And Morin will almost certainly get to play in some games, since Hextall has to figure out what to do with him in 2019-20, and he didn't give him a 3 year deal to be the 7th D-man.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
And Morin will almost certainly get to play in some games, since Hextall has to figure out what to do with him in 2019-20, and he didn't give him a 3 year deal to be the 7th D-man.

Well Hak will at least know he is heavy enough to play.

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
e

CURRENT CAP SPACE
q.svg
DEADLINE CAP SPACE
q.svg

Every surgery can be different it could 1-2 months earlier could be 1-2 months later . From what iv'e been reading about Allison , the injury is ready but is having problems with post op ache aka tendonitsis . That can last for several months and the more you try to use it the worse it gets . If he play's one game this weekend and not two this is what the problem probably is . In Morin,s case they know exactually what is going on cause he is right here in Philly doing the rehab so if it is coming along slower they will already have a plan in place . There is nothing to worry about on waivers or anything else and a month or two this way or that ain't going to change anything .Were fine , relax
For a comparision injury stand point, it's kind of like tommy johns, ligaments and tendons in areas that bent. aka shitty injury .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad