Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
so who are you? Maris? Marty?
I liked that 70s show more. Got to see Mila kunis before she broke out.
Eh, I’m a mix between Marty & Frasier. More Marty in that I like sports, drink beer, & would be more likely to have his chair in my living room than all of Frasier’s pretentious art. More Frasier with all of the bad luck ;)

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
58f37701a4fa116215a9240c.png
WhdIBVh.gif

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I doubt Kalynuk wouldn’t sign under that hypothetical. He’s too old & too advanced for the NCAA level at this point to wait it out until he’s 24 to turn pro.

I’d have to imagine he’s not a sophomore academically either since he started real late.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
He could pull a Marody and tell them he's not going to sign, so they trade his rights.

But really that 's just an aside to the fact that I find Miller's progress interesting to follow because I was sure the Flyers would take him at #19 after they nabbed Farabee.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Marody always gave off wishy-washy vibes; I also don't recall the Flyers really going out of their way to hype him up. They have specifically praised Kalynuk. We don't have a deep defense in the AHL; there is actually plenty of room for Kalynuk to be in the next wave. I think his signing is closer to inevitable; even this spring perhaps.

He's also a good ol' Manitoba farm boy, and that shit matters. I'm sure his neighbor, Travis Sanheim, will help convince him to sign.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
If they promote Myers/Friedman this spring, there'd be a spot for him before the AHL playoffs.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
He could pull a Marody and tell them he's not going to sign, so they trade his rights.

But really that 's just an aside to the fact that I find Miller's progress interesting to follow because I was sure the Flyers would take him at #19 after they nabbed Farabee.

Miller is such an intriguing prospect to me. I really think he has the chance to become a beast.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I seriously doubt either Myers or Friedman will be in the AHL in 2019-20.
On the other hand Bernhardt might also come over, and even Ginning (didn't Hagg come over his PD+2 year?).

Question: for the ED, does playing in the SHL count as a professional season, or only if you're signed and loaned there?

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I seriously doubt either Myers or Friedman will be in the AHL in 2019-20.
On the other hand Bernhardt might also come over, and even Ginning (didn't Hagg come over his PD+2 year?).

Question: for the ED, does playing in the SHL count as a professional season, or only if you're signed and loaned there?
Provy Ghost
Hagg AMac
Sanheim Gudas
Morin

So where do Myers AND Friedman fit?

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Provy Ghost
Hagg AMac
Sanheim Gudas
Morin

So where do Myers AND Friedman fit?

Provorov - Ghost
Sanheim - Gudas
Morin - Myers
Hagg, Friedman

The next season Gudas' contract is up.
AMac gets kicked off the island.
And this is probably the reason the only trade for a defenseman this year will be for someone with a contract that expires this summer.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Hagg came over & played in the tail end of the AHL season in his D+1. It had more to do with him falling out of flavor with SHL team & seeing his role/ice time diminished though.

Since then everybody has played three years there or in Sandstrom’s case four years. Even Kase played his third year in the SHL after two years in the Czech system after being drafted. As long as Ginning’s ice time/role is consistent enough to an acceptable standard I’d imagine he stays multiple years too.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Provorov - Ghost
Sanheim - Gudas
Morin - Myers
Hagg, Friedman

The next season Gudas' contract is up.
AMac gets kicked off the island.
And this is probably the reason the only trade for a defenseman this year will be for someone with a contract that expires this summer.
So you honestly think Hextall will remove AMac. I will believe it when I see it.

To me Friedman can stay in the AHL another year, not a big deal.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Yeah, because Lindblom wasn't promoted last year. Or Weal the year before.
Obviousl no precedent.

Alex91

Sep 12, 2014
2019-2020

Best case

Provy-Ghost
Hagg-Myers
Morin-Sanheim
Amac

Gudas traded at tdl or draft

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
Best case for me:

Provorov - Karlsson
Sanheim - Gostisbehere
Morin - Myers
Friedman
If we are talking things that won’t happen:
Provorov-Trouba
Gostibehere - Myers
Sanheim- Gudas

But that would require trading for someone good to improve the team.

Reactions: Rebels57

Petr Svoboda Mullet

Apr 3, 2016
I have to imagine Farmer Andy is bought out after this season, no? Myers jumps in for Amac. Morin and Hagg battle it out for the last spot?

Provorov Ghost
Sanheim Myers
Morin/Hagg Gudas

Friedman spends another year in the AHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad