Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
The prior thread was closed as it exceeded 1,000 posts.

LEHIGH VALLEY PHANTOMS' MEDIA AND TEAM COVERAGE
Allentown Morning Call
American Hockey League
Lehigh Valley Phantoms
Inside AHL Hockey
WAEB 790 AM
WSAN 1470 AM
READING ROYALS' MEDIA AND TEAM COVERAGE
ECHL
Reading Eagle
Reading Royals
ADDITIONAL

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2007
World Traveller

Doodootheclown

Oct 24, 2011
DelCo
I am really interested to see how Rubstov does this season. Opinions seem to be pretty split on his long term potential given his relative lack of production despite having the skill set to do more. With his defensive game he might be able to win himself some more trust and playing time than others.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
I am really interested to see how Rubstov does this season. Opinions seem to be pretty split on his long term potential given his relative lack of production despite having the skill set to do more. With his defensive game he might be able to win himself some more trust and playing time than others.
His passive play and this organization unrelenting focus on defense first play they will probably try to shape him into Bellemare or something. Even if he had it in him, he's never becoming a scoring option in Philly.

Reactions: Tripod

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
Opinions seem to be pretty split on his long term potential given his relative lack of production despite having the skill set to do more. With his defensive game he might be able to win himself some more trust and playing time than others.
Russian players learn to play defense first if they want to get on the international teams. Rubstov and Vorobyov are similar in that their defensive play is strong. What they have on the other side of their game is the unknown. However both of these players have demonstrated the skills that should translate to being competent offensive forces. There's no reason to be down on their potential.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
In terms of prospects, this should be the deepest Phantoms team in recent memory.

Possible holdovers: NAK, Myers, Vorobyev, MV, Bardreau, Martel, Friedman, Goul, Willcox, De Haas, Lyon, Stolarz
Newcomers: Rubtsov, Twarnyski, Bunnaman, Laberge, Kase, Hart

Oskar Man

Social Assassin
Nov 30, 2010
In terms of prospects, this should be the deepest Phantoms team in recent memory.

Possible holdovers: NAK, Myers, Vorobyev, MV, Bardreau, Martel, Friedman, Goul, Willcox, De Haas, Lyon, Stolarz
Newcomers: Rubtsov, Twarnyski, Bunnaman, Laberge, Kase, Hart

This is exactly why I give Hextall slack. He's rebuilt the pipeline in a few short years while doing his best to get rid of some ugly contracts.

Now if he'd only get rid of you know who.....

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
From Meltzer:

"In SHL preseason action, Flyers forward prospect Olle Lycksell centered the second line and tallied a pair of goals in Linköping's 4-2 road win over Malmö. Flyers defense prospect Adam Ginning skated on the first pair in this game, paired with veteran Eddie Larsson. Ginning was minus-one at even strength in the game."

It's not the goals that matter (pre-season) but that he's on the second line and Ginning on the first pair at 19 and 18 - that means plenty of ice team for these two in the SHL.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Lycksell will likely be on the 3rd line to start the year I guess, maybe at wing. They had their 1C sitting.

Ginning will probably play #5 minutes at best.

No way he plays more than: Billins, Larsson, Bäckman or Bengtsson... and Mullen will likely start the season getting more TOI than him too.

But both will have a chance to play proper minutes in the SHL.

Reactions: Tripod and Adtar02

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
From Meltzer:

"In SHL preseason action, Flyers forward prospect Olle Lycksell centered the second line and tallied a pair of goals in Linköping's 4-2 road win over Malmö. Flyers defense prospect Adam Ginning skated on the first pair in this game, paired with veteran Eddie Larsson. Ginning was minus-one at even strength in the game."

It's not the goals that matter (pre-season) but that he's on the second line and Ginning on the first pair at 19 and 18 - that means plenty of ice team for these two in the SHL.

Applepwnd

Reactions: Tripod

Yabob

Dec 12, 2006
Linköping
Lycksell will likely be on the 3rd line to start the year I guess, maybe at wing. They had their 1C sitting.

Ginning will probably play #5 minutes at best.

No way he plays more than: Billins, Larsson, Bäckman or Bengtsson... and Mullen will likely start the season getting more TOI than him too.

But both will have a chance to play proper minutes in the SHL.

Mullen is a bit of an interesting situation. He has a year left in his contract, but is not part of the team anymore. They loaned him to a German team at Christmas last season with no intention of him ever returning. They haven't found a new team for yet for this season, so now he's kinda stuck in limbo.

Ginning could potentially end up playing with one of the four d-men mentioned above, at least at even strength. From what I understand he has performed well so far.

As for Lycksell it looks like heaven might start in the top 6 (Andrew Gordon won't join the team until October). He has earned it too.

And while we are talking about him, Lycksell scored the overtime winner in tonight's preseason game.

Reactions: Rebels57

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Pronman ranked the Canadiens farm system as the 6th best.

Can we just all delete him from our collective consciousness?
I believe someone said he had Ylonen ranked #14 at the draft so of course he likes Mtl. I just take solace that he usually wrong with Philly.

Just think, he has Kupari TWO tiers higher than any Flyers prospect.

Reactions: Rebels57

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Pronman ranked the Canadiens farm system as the 6th best.

Can we just all delete him from our collective consciousness?

I guess you can either work in the shadow of Bob Mckenzie, Craig Button and others or come up with a significantly different list from a wildly different and highly suspect set of evaluation criteria and appeal to select other fan bases.

Magua

Doer of Hoffific Things
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I guess you can either work in the shadow of Bob Mckenzie, Craig Button and others or come up with a significantly different list from a wildly different and highly suspect set of evaluation criteria and appeal to select other fan bases.

His market share is people who spend money to read other things on the Athletic and read his articles because they already spent the money and want to be stupefied. (Though there's a slight connection between Twitter analytics types and Pronman for reasons beyond me.)

Pronman pretty much tries to be the anti-hockeyguy.

The battle between Pronman and HockeyGuys reminds me of a civil war from the 1970s in some Central American country.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->