Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Never seen an episode of Seinfeld

tenor.gif

Need to get on that. Think you’d like it.

I always thought that Seinfeld was a younger, better looking, less intelligent version of Woody Allen, NYC neurotic humor.
I'll pass.
I have zero use for NYC unless I win the lottery, one of the places that's only fun in your 20s or if you're worth 8 figures.

How did I know you’d dislike Seinfeld and then go on a spiel about NYC real estate costs!

Also, this is why you’re Newman.

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
Thanks Tripod for articulating my concerns!

Obviously their some *****ebags on this site that can't handle a critical analysis of a prospect. Want to disagree about something I write go ahead put forth a counter argument I'm all for it. If you want to disrespect me you should have the balls to PM and then we can have the appropriate conversation next time I'm in Philly. I still love to Dance :sarcasm:.

I am as big a homer as there can be but as someone that coached for a number of years I see some of the criticisms out there. I hope they get corrected as mentioned we need him to be a top 6 forward it could change the trajectory of the franchise.

Lol, tough guy here must be Hatcher's cousin or something. Makes a really articulate argument with his fist I guess.

Reactions: Striiker

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Weekly Prospect Update:
AHL

Nicolas Aube-Kubel - 3GP 2G 1A 3P +3
David Kase - 2GP 1G 1A 2P 0
Mark Friedman - 3GP 0G 2A 2P 0
German Rubtsov - 3GP 1G 0A 1P 0
Philippe Myers - 3GP 0G 1A 1P +2
Radel Fazleev - 2GP 0G 0A 0P 0
Carsen Twarynski - 2GP 0G 0A 0P 0
Connor Bunnaman - 2GP 0G 0A 0P -2
Pascal Laberge -
Anthony Stolarz - 2GP 1-0-0 4.34GAA .851SV% 0SO
Carter Hart - 2GP 1-1-0 4.81GAA .860SV% 0SO
Alex Lyon -

CHL (OHL, QMJHL, & WHL)
Morgan Frost - 10GP 5G 10A 15P +2
Isaac Ratcliffe - 9GP 7G 6A 13P +6
Matthew Strome - 10GP 3G 6A 9P 0
Wyatte Wylie - 9GP 2G 6A 8P +1
Maksim Sushko - 9GP 0G 3A 3P -9
Egor Zamula - 8GP 0G 0A 0P -4

KHL
Valeri Vasiliev - 11GP 1G 1A 2P +2
Ivan Fedotov - 6GP 3-1-1 1.11GAA .955SV% 1SO (VHL)
Kirill Ustimenko - 15GP 7-6-2 2.08GAA .912SV% 1SO (MHL)

NCAA
Wyatt Kalynuk - 2GP 2G 1A 3P +5
Noah Cates - 4GP 1G 2A 3P -1
Tanner Laczynski - 2GP 0G 2A 2P +1
Joel Farabee - 2GP 1G 0A 1P -1
Gavin Hain - 2GP 0G 1A 1P +1
Jay O’Brien - 3GP 0G 0A 0P 0
Brendan Warren - 1GP 0G 0A 0P 0
Wade Allison -
Jack St. Ivany -
Matej Tomek -

SHL
Olle Lycksell - 9GP 1G 3A 4P +3
David Bernhardt - 5GP 0G 1A 1P +2
Adam Ginning - 9GP 0G 0A 0P 0
Linus Hogberg - 8GP 0G 0A 0P +2
Marcus Westfalt - 3GP 0G 0A 0P +1 (SHL); 6GP 1G 2A 3P +4 (SuperElit)
Felix Sandstrom - 6GP 3-3-0 2.32GAA .911SV% 0SO
Samuel Ersson - 5GP 4-1-0 1.80GAA .933SV% 2SO (Allsvenskan)

Last edited:

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Need to get on that. Think you’d like it.

How did I know you’d dislike Seinfeld and then go on a spiel about NYC real estate costs!

Also, this is why you’re Newman.

NYC in the 1970s was dirty, dangerous and cool.
Now it's just a playground for rich people, otherwise it's irrelevant.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
Let me settle this:

@Captain Dave Poulin is Kramer. I know you want to be the angry character, but @Rebels57 can be George. You're Kramer. BE Kramer! No one else can fill that role, and role mentality is a big part of this Flyers forum. I did think about making you Frank Costanza. But I decided @HakstolisAFartVacuum can be Frank. Though I'm not sure who would be Estelle......

@Tripod is definitely Jerry. He's the straight(er) man. Accordingly, @deadhead is Newman. He could only ever be Newman.

@JojoTheWhale is J. Peterman. Duh.

@Striiker (pre-update) is the Bubble Boy.

@hatcher is Izzy Mandelbaum. "It's go time!"

@Beef Invictus is Jackie Chiles. "Outrageous! Egregious! Preposterous!"

@Whoeverpoststhosemountainphotos is Kenny Bania.

@Amorgus is Uncle Leo. Uncle Leo would've played Fornite with Jerry if he could.

And I really feel like I'm Elaine tbh. Still many good characters left for the taking for the characters here!

Please tell me I'm not Susan. I'm Susan, aren't I? Or is that @Ghosts Beer ?

Last edited:

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
Lol, tough guy here must be Hatcher's cousin or something. Makes a really articulate argument with his fist I guess.
Dont talk shit with my handle on it please. Whoever you are talking about doesnt like the team either and doesnt wanna be fed by the herd around here I guess.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006

I've watched a decent chunk of his games (but probably not a full one since Calgary is not an easy watch) and he's shown the things that got him signed- size, hands, passing, decent skating base. He has really soft hands for a big guy and he shows a lot of poise with the puck in his own zone at that level. His outlets are almost always on the money. Very good passer which keeps me optimistic. His skating is good. Not great but it's a good base with a chance to improve with added lower body strength. He doesn't have that second or third gear like a Myers or Sanheim to create separation but he's got pretty good footwork and he uses his reach to get his stick on a lot of pucks. He's reaaally scrawny right now. Definitely going to have to make big gains over the next two offseasons.

I kind of figured that he would struggle to put up big numbers (expected more than a goose egg though). He's pretty conservative offensively at this point. Doesn't carry the puck much. Doesn't get involved much in the cycle. Not much of a shot right now. Doesn't have much deception to create space for himself. Part of it is Calgary is not a very good team, but he does get PP2 time. I watched Myers one game as an 18 year old and I knew he had untapped offensive potential. Myers just had that unique skating style and good hands that he could create space for himself and make plays. I don't see quite that level with Zamula (not that one should expect a Myers-like outcome). I think he has better vision than Myers and he's a better passer at the same age, but I think the advantages end there.

I would like to see Zamula approach that .5 PPG threshold by the end of the year so that I can take him serious as a prospect because I do like his skillset. I think he has what it takes to be that modern day, low maintenance, "defensive defenseman" - good defending entries, exists the zone efficiently, big, and mobile to disrupt plays in his own zone, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad