Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Probably because they don't trust them to replace him with anyone better.

It would be funny if we got a new GM and his first move was to demote Sanheim and Vorobyev, and replace them in the lineup by trading Frost for a veteran dman and Farabee for a two-way 3C.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
She's the best. I would buy her oils if I had more than zero dollars.

lol...how did your infatuation with my wife begin?

It would be funny if we got a new GM and his first move was to demote Sanheim and Vorobyev, and replace them in the lineup by trading Frost for a veteran dman and Farabee for a two-way 3C.

Sure...if by funny you mean not funny

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
It’s funny in the context of people making the very unrealistic assumption that a new GM would automatically promote all the kids we like and cut all the guys we hate.

Reactions: Tripod

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
This is why I can't figure out why people are so averse to moving on from Hextall. Drafting is just one part of the equation and is mostly due to scouting. Keep the scouts, get a new GM and HC.

You wonder if a new GM has to come in to get over the hump after Hexy built the foundation. I do worry about the Flyers ability in pro evaluation

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Let me settle this:

@Captain Dave Poulin is Kramer. I know you want to be the angry character, but @Rebels57 can be George. You're Kramer. BE Kramer! No one else can fill that role, and role mentality is a big part of this Flyers forum. I did think about making you Frank Costanza. But I decided @HakstolisAFartVacuum can be Frank. Though I'm not sure who would be Estelle......

@Tripod is definitely Jerry. He's the straight(er) man. Accordingly, @deadhead is Newman. He could only ever be Newman.

@JojoTheWhale is J. Peterman. Duh.

@Striiker (pre-update) is the Bubble Boy.

@hatcher is Izzy Mandelbaum. "It's go time!"

@Beef Invictus is Jackie Chiles. "Outrageous! Egregious! Preposterous!"

@Whoeverpoststhosemountainphotos is Kenny Bania.

@Amorgus is Uncle Leo. Uncle Leo would've played Fornite with Jerry if he could.

And I really feel like I'm Elaine tbh. Still many good characters left for the taking for the characters here!

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Let me settle this:

@Captain Dave Poulin is Kramer. I know you want to be the angry character, but @Rebels57 can be George. You're Kramer. BE Kramer! No one else can fill that role, and role mentality is a big part of this Flyers forum. I did think about making you Frank Costanza. But I decided @HakstolisAFartVacuum can be Frank. Though I'm not sure who would be Estelle......

@Tripod is definitely Jerry. He's the straight(er) man. Accordingly, @deadhead is Newman. He could only ever be Newman.

@Amorgus is Uncle Leo. Uncle Leo would've played Fornite with Jerry if he could.

And I really feel like I'm Elaine tbh. I'll let others fill in the blanks.

Yeah, I think that's pretty accurate.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Nope. I'm the Jerry of our group. Who am I kidding, I am clearly the George.

tenor.gif
George's dad. ;)

Edit: I see Magua was already on this train of thought...

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Let me settle this:

And I really feel like I'm Elaine tbh. Still many good characters left for the taking for the characters here!

Friends have been calling me Costanza since High School. Not because I look like him but because I act just like him
:laugh:

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Let me settle this:

Ok...I appreciate the Jerry tag...but have to ask about "The straight(er) man"

I am not recalling this in any Seinfeld episodes. Am I missing something obvious?

:huh:

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
And now I am looking thru the 100 top Seinfeld character rankings....

:laugh:

Edit: and in reading what this list said about Jerry "Even when he was having trouble keeping a straight face, Jerry was still the perfect straight man".

Last edited:

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Then in the distance I heard the bulls. I began running as fast as I could. Fortunately, I was wearing my Italian Captoe Oxfords. Sophisticated yet different; nothing to make a huge fuss about. Rich dark brown calfskin leather. Matching leather vent. Men's whole and half sizes 7 through 13. Price: $135.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad