Prospect Info: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HokieDude17

Feb 8, 2016
Hampstead, MD
jjpfJw8.png

why do i find this so funny?

EDIT: he looks like dan bylsma now lol

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
wasn't it the rookie game last year where they had all those issues with the stream and just reverted to a guy in a control room somewhere narrating the action?

Yeah it was a **** stream but it was in like a practice facility in New York last year.

The last time they had the rookie game at the WFC they streamed thr video from the jumbotron & piped in the announcers. It wasn't great but it was passable.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
So signing Irving wasn't because they knew about Stolarz's surgery.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
They signed Irving on 8/31, so Stolarz would have had to been injured at least a week ago if it was related.

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
Last edited:

royals119

Jun 12, 2006
West Lawn, PA
http://www.phantomshockey.com/phantoms-sign-g-mark-dekanich-ahl-contract/
Phantoms signed Mark Dekanich to AHL deal today. Dekanich was down right terrible in LV.

Lehigh Valley now has 3 goalies under contract.

NHL: S: Elliott, B: Neuvirth
AHL: S: Lyon, B: Irving,
Stolarz injured, guessing probable timeline 4-6 months
ECHL: S: Muse B: Dekanich
Not that I am a huge Dekanich fan, but he played in one game in LV last year. His parents had flown into Reading for the weekend, and he got called up at the last minute. His wife, infant son, and parents were not able to get to Allentown in time, so they were at the Royals game while he was playing for the Phantoms.

I'm not saying he is an NHL prospect, but to judge a guy based on one game is a little unfair, especially under those circumstances.

Chockey Hockey

Jul 4, 2014
Not that I am a huge Dekanich fan, but he played in one game in LV last year. His parents had flown into Reading for the weekend, and he got called up at the last minute. His wife, infant son, and parents were not able to get to Allentown in time, so they were at the Royals game while he was playing for the Phantoms.

I'm not saying he is an NHL prospect, but to judge a guy based on one game is a little unfair, especially under those circumstances.

Reading to Allentown is a 45 minute drive at the most and they couldn't get there?

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
Not that I am a huge Dekanich fan.

Your right it's unfair to judge a goalie off of one AHL game but Mark Dekanich is not even AHL material anymore. Dekanich's first 3 seasons as a pro in the AHL were decent but after the 2010-11 season with Milwaukee, Dekanich fell off a cliff as far as being a competitive goalie in the american league.

At this time Dekanich is nothing more then an ECHL backup goaltender. Only reason why the Phantoms signed him is because Stolarz was injured and the organization is familiar with Dekanich so the Royals needed a backup.

Once Stolarz is healthy and Irving is sent down to Reading, Dekanich will probably be loaned to another ECHL team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad