Prospect Info: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Wasn't Vasiliev the guy that the Flyers wanted to bring here but he had to stay in Russia because his wife was pregnant and refused to leave home and he ultimately chose family over hockey career?

One of two almost forgotten D prospects along with Fredrick Larsson who couldn't put on any weight because some strange food allergy, or similar.

You're thinking of Denis Bodrov who was a second rounder in 2006. He came over & played 17 games in the AHL before going back to Russia to play in the KHL for reasons you stated.

Vasiliev was a seventh rounder in the 2012 draft. The Flyers haven't had any interest in bringing him over as he hasn't really played a whole lot since being drafted to make progress. He's played 35, 11, & 23 KHL games in essentially a spare defensemen role the past three seasons.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Yeah Acadie-Bathurst was mentioned as a potential team specifically by one reporter. I'd probably like to see him on Halifax personally. They're younger but on paper they're still probably the most talented team in the Q this year.

Would love to see Rubstov join our Mooseheads!

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Anyone have some odds of Bunnaman making the World Junior team?

Kinda feel like I ask this of every prospect.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Wasn’t invited to the summer camp so pretty long, but a hot start to the season and a good Super Series and I guess he could get a look. Canada isn’t that deep up front this year.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I doubt Rubtsov even went to a practice. Thursday was a travel day, and then this decision was announced earlier today.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Not only is German Rubtsov back with the Chicoutimi Saguenéens, but he is moving faster than expected.

The first choice of the Flyers in 2016 was part of a purge of 18 players Thursday lunchtime. The Russian striker could have referred to the Lehigh Valley Phantoms camp in the American League, but the Flyers leaders decided to send him back to the junior major. He will be on his way to Saguenay soon, but head coach Yanick Jean, who has learned confirmation of his return via social media, does not expect to see him in uniform for the first two games of the season, facing the Remparts and the Oceanic. In addition to traveling, Rubtsov must obtain his international release, which should not be done before the weekend. "I'm waiting for news," he said mid-afternoon.
http://www.lapresse.ca/le-quotidien...ags.php?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Ratcliffe just had a very, very slick shoot out goal. Roofed a backhand.

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
Anyone have some odds of Bunnaman making the World Junior team?

Kinda feel like I ask this of every prospect.

After this camp I feel like Bunnaman isn't a forgotten prospect. Although he was drafted in 2016, idk if he was even at their camp last year, but he has shown signs of improvement in every aspect of his game.

I don't know if he will make the WJC roster... if he does it will be purely for depth.

I expect him to make the roster during the 2019-2020 or as a somewhat lock in the 2020-2021 season for the flyers

Magua

Doer of Hoffific Things
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Frost has 2 primary helpers so far and has had a pretty standard MoFro game, but holy ****, the Soo's goalie can't stop a beach ball and the d-men have been pulling a Flyers special with the odd man rushes against. Bunch of penalties too. Total slop fest :laugh:

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
On pace for 204 points. Good pick so far.

I had to switch to football. The camera guy was killing me.

Magua

Doer of Hoffific Things
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Should have 3 primaries right now if Gettinger and Katchouk didn't choke on the PP. Gettinger especially had the entire net open (no exaggeration), goalie down and out, from the slot and shot it a foot high.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->