Prospect Info: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I hope he does well because he would be a huge bust if he doesn't make it as an NHLer.

GettyImages_630116654.0.jpg

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
He does still have that issue that may require minor surgery. I wonder what's going on there..

He was dressed as the backup. He didn't start the Champions League opener either and took a back seat to Rautio in the finals last year. Probably looking at another year as a platoon goalie.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
He was dressed as the backup. He didn't start the Champions League opener either and took a back seat to Rautio in the finals last year. Probably looking at another year as a platoon goalie.

Kind of always a given. It is simply a matter of whether Sandström plays ~25 games or ~30 games this season. Generally ~10/14 SHL teams operate similarly. 4 or so goalies a year get 35+ games.

Rautio is a guy who has played 6 straight SHL seasons at a good level.

Sandström did outplay him in pre-season and CHL though so far... and Rautio was 'meh' today.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
https://www.nhl.com/flyers/news/tra...-atop-lineup--philadelphia-flyers/c-291172306

Phil Varone - Greg Carey - Nicolas Aube-Kubel

Corban Knight - Mike Vecchione - Danick Martel

Cole Bardreau - Mikhail Vorobyev - Ivan Kosorenkov

Connor Bunnaman - German Rubtsov - Carsen Twarynski

Tyrell Goulbourne - Radel Fazleev - Pascal Laberge

Travis Sanheim - Phil Myers

Will O'Neill - Mark Friedman

James de Haas - Mark Alt

Reece Willcox - Maxim Lamarche

Swap Brennan in for De Haas and that should be the Phantoms D lineup.

I thought Carey was strictly a LW last year so I would have expected Varone to be playing center on that line. The guys in bold will all be going back to Junior, unless they decide Rubtsov belongs in the AHL.

sobrien

RAFFLCOPTER
Jul 19, 2009
South Jersey
Personally, I think Sanheim is getting sent back down, hopefully for 1st pairing minutes for the brunt of the season before he gets another look.

With that in mind...does he go back over to the left side (his natural side) with Friedman, Myers, Alt, Willcox, and Lamarche all being RHD in Lehigh?

Sanheim - Alt
Brennan - Myers
O'Neill - Friedman
Willcox

READING:
Lamarche, Hora, De Haas

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Not surprising but with Rubtsov being returned today pretty much every QMJHL reporter on twitter indicating he's going to be traded eventually.

Here's every QMJHL team with open import spots:
- Acadie-Bathurst (2 spots)
- Baie-Comeau (1 spot)
- Gatineau (1 spot)
- Moncton (2 spots)
- Rouyn-Norada (1 spot)
- Val-d'Or (1 spot)
- Victoriaville (1 spot)

Here's teams that aren't locked into both their imports this year & might be willing to look for an upgrade if they buy:
- Charlottetown (99 D Saku Vesterinen)
- Halifax (98 F Otto Somppi)
- Sherbrooke (98 F Marek Zachar)

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Not surprising but with Rubtsov being returned today pretty much every QMJHL reporter on twitter indicating he's going to be traded eventually.

Here's every QMJHL team with open import spots:
- Acadie-Bathurst (2 spots)
- Baie-Comeau (1 spot)
- Gatineau (1 spot)
- Moncton (2 spots)
- Rouyn-Norada (1 spot)
- Val-d'Or (1 spot)
- Victoriaville (1 spot)

Here's teams that aren't locked into both their imports this year & might be willing to look for an upgrade if they buy:
- Charlottetown (99 D Saku Vesterinen)
- Halifax (98 F Otto Somppi)
- Sherbrooke (98 F Marek Zachar)

Titans or Mooseheads seem like the best potential teams on that list. Each is missing a real top line center too but has some talent elsewhere. A lot of the other teams are probably going to stink or were good and got gutted this past offseason. Baie-Comeau could be a surprise good team too with all their young talent.....but talk about a scout's dream to visit. As if Chicoutimi wasn't fun enough.

Victoriaville obviously seems like another standout.....though my interest in him going there has dipped for unexplainable reasons. Then again they have one of the best streams in the Q, which is what really matters.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Titans or Mooseheads seem like the best potential teams on that list. Each is missing a real top line center too but has some talent elsewhere. A lot of the other teams are probably going to stink or were good and got gutted this past offseason. Baie-Comeau could be a surprise good team too with all their young talent.....but talk about a scout's dream to visit. As if Chicoutimi wasn't fun enough.

Victoriaville obviously seems like another standout.....though my interest in him going there has dipped for unexplainable reasons.

Yeah Acadie-Bathurst was mentioned as a potential team specifically by one reporter. I'd probably like to see him on Halifax personally. They're younger but on paper they're still probably the most talented team in the Q this year.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Acadie-Bathurst, please. I thoroughly enjoyed watching them last year even if Morand frustrates the hell out of me.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Kind of interesting. Valeri Vasiliev has three points through four games so far averaging 17:04 minutes of ice time. He's 23 now hasn't nearly played this amount of ice time in a while which has obviously stalled his career & made him basically become a non-factor as far as prospects go.

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
Kind of interesting. Valeri Vasiliev has three points through four games so far averaging 17:04 minutes of ice time. He's 23 now hasn't nearly played this amount of ice time in a while which has obviously stalled his career & made him basically become a non-factor as far as prospects go.

Would be a cool story to see him come up from behind and make it. Rooting for him.

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
Wasn't Vasiliev the guy that the Flyers wanted to bring here but he had to stay in Russia because his wife was pregnant and refused to leave home and he ultimately chose family over hockey career?

One of two almost forgotten D prospects along with Fredrick Larsson who couldn't put on any weight because some strange food allergy, or similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad