Prospect Info: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc. [mid-March 2021 edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.

phil162888

Jul 28, 2012
The Frost pick is definitely the one I question in that draft.
Your not allowed to say that.....Noone can criticise our prospects....especially the players that have good offensive stats in junior or in the NCAA lol

Reactions: Magua

phil162888

Jul 28, 2012
First game since March, pro debut, new team...what'd u expect phil

I was hoping i'd see a kid that could be a no doubt top pairing dman that flashed a ton of potential despite it being his first game since March, pro debut and new team.... that would have been nice surprise in a season in which Allison, Foerster, Morin , Farabee (ist 20 games) & the re emergence of Ghost seem like the only positive things that have happened.

Instead I saw a kid that makes good outlet passes and quick decisions with the puck on the positive side (as i expected from previous viewings) but looks undersized, doesn't have a big shot and not very tenacious (which I feared from my previous viewings).

Only game 1 but definitely not like watching Wade in his first game. Hopefully he's like Foerster and Tanner that really improved by 3rd , 4th game

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
GranularResponsibleAquaticleech-size_restricted.gif

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Pretty much everything is awful.
Could of had:

Makar: 31 pts in 31 games
Tolvanen: 20 pts in 32 games
Robertson: 35 pts in 40 games

Have:
Patrick -8 points in 42 games
Frost-0 points
Ratcliffe-0 points

4th rd picked Strome and Sushko b2b....Batherson taken later: 28 pts in 46 games

what could have been. We can only pray Patrick and Frost rebound next year.

Side note...it's pretty crazy in a way that we are going to protect a 8 point player over 2 of our top 3 scorers for the ED.

Reactions: BillDineen

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Could of had:

Have:
Frost-0 points
Ratcliffe-0 points

4th rd picked Strome and Sushko b2b....Batherson taken later: 28 pts in 46 games

Side note...it's pretty crazy in a way that we are going to protect a 8 point player over 2 of our top 3 scorers for the ED.

Dont be so sure. I can still see Patrick traded this summer if the rumors about his camp wanting a fresh start are true.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Dont be so sure. I can still see Patrick traded this summer if the rumors about his camp wanting a fresh start are true.
Could happen...but honestly if I am the Flyers, I say no unless it's a deal too good to give up(won't be).

I simply say that they have invested a lot of time and money into him when he wasn't playing. If he wants to be traded, he needs to "break out" next year and we will accommodate him.

phil162888

Jul 28, 2012
So you expected a player he's never been. Makes sense.
So you expected a player he's never been. Makes sense.
??????? Where did i say I expected him I clearly wrote hoped to see..... I'm sorry to hope that in one of the best and deepest drafts in a while that we would get a top pairing dman when we decided to trade down from drafting Boldy, Krebs or Caufield. We still might... it was his first game.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Could of had:

Have:
Frost-0 points
Ratcliffe-0 points

I can go into any draft and cherry pick the one or two players that made it, as long as I ignore the 15-20 taken around the same area that didn't.
Every GM misses more than they hit, still, starting in 2011, Flyers have an enviable record of hitting at least 2 players almost every draft who is a good bet to play 400+ NHL games. That's damn good drafting:
2011: Couts (8), Cousins (68)
2012: Laughton (20), Ghost (78)
2013: Hagg (41) (229 and counting)
2014: Sanheim (17), Lindblom (138)
2015: Provorov (7), TK (24)
To be determined:
2016: Hart (48), Allison (52), Laczynski (169)
2017: Patrick (2), Frost (27), Kalynuk (196)
2018: Farabee (14), JOB (19), Ersson (143)
2019: York (14), Brink (34)
2020: Foerster (23), Wisdom (94)

We've had some bad luck, Lindblom was emerging when he got cancer, Patrick has a litany if ills, but he's still only 22, Frost was poised for a breakout season when he hurt his shoulder.

Reactions: Fight4yourRight

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
If Patrick wants out, it has to be due to misuse by AV and his staff. From the outside , the club seems to have been patient with his injuries and re-habs. Hextall was good about dealing with the surgeries. Fletcher hasn’t indicated anything but support for NP’s migraine troubles. If it’s AV and Therrien getting after him with their sarcastic mouths and usage, that just isn’t acceptable.
If this rumor of NP wanting out is true, Fletcher needs to iron this out. The franchise doesn’t need another player and family versus management dust up like it had with the Lindroses. Patrick is too valuable to the organization to mess over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille