Prospect Info: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc. [mid-March 2021 edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
Nelson got 6x6, on an extension.
Lee got 7x7.
Nelson is 7 months older than Hayes, Lee is two years older.
I mean, Nelson and Hayes are pretty comparable players. Nelson may be a tad better and got the better contract. Anders Lee is a superior player to Hayes. Anders Lee ranks well above in almost all relevant offensive metrics and raw metrics. He also ranks much, much higher defensively for some of those metrics. In all Low Danger, Medium Danger, and High Danger situations, Anders Lee’s metrics are far better than Hayes in that same stretch.
When comparing contracted its kind of a red herring to compare the $ and term. Rather, you look at comparable players to see what each got.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I mean, Nelson and Hayes are pretty comparable players. Nelson may be a tad better and got the better contract. Anders Lee is a superior player to Hayes. Anders Lee ranks well above in almost all relevant offensive metrics and raw metrics. He also ranks much, much higher defensively for some of those metrics. In all Low Danger, Medium Danger, and High Danger situations, Anders Lee’s metrics are far better than Hayes in that same stretch.
When comparing contracted its kind of a red herring to compare the $ and term. Rather, you look at comparable players to see what each got.

You also have to look at age at the start of the contract.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
I am 1A and Philly still hasn’t reached out to me. Philly is horrible at this though.

If you aren't able to get an appointment in Philly, your registration was lost or something. Pretty much everyone I know has gotten or has an appointment for their first shot, if they aren't fully vaccinated already.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I don’t follow. Nelson is closer in age and they signed the contract during the same offseason.

Nelson is almost a year older and gave the Isles the "hometown discount."

Like I've said before, if you wait for a player to hit FA, you end paying a million more for a year longer.

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
Check out CVS and Rite Aid on line in New Jersey, early in the morning. You should have no problem. You don't have to be a NJ resident.

If you aren't able to get an appointment in Philly, your registration was lost or something. Pretty much everyone I know has gotten or has an appointment for their first shot, if they aren't fully vaccinated already.

I got mine outside of the city. City has had trouble with it. Still get some emails about trying/doing stuff.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
It will solve everything if they don't suck at their jobs.

I actually think Fletcher is salvagable and surprisingly I think Flahr has done a good job so far. He was one of my bigger concerns when hired due to some of the picks he oversaw in Minnesota.

This coaching staff is not salvageable though. If Fletcher can figure that out and nail the next hiring, we are back in business.

What are your thoughts on this staff?

I think both assistants should be let go. Like Hak, I don't think there's any chance AV will be fired after 2 of 5 years, but if they miss the playoffs again in 21-22, Fletcher will either have to fire him or he'll be replaced himself. I also think they will make the playoffs next season, continuing the one year in one year out streak that goes back to 11-12.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I think both assistants should be let go. Like Hak, I don't think there's any chance AV will be fired after 2 of 5 years, but if they miss the playoffs again in 21-22, Fletcher will either have to fire him or he'll be replaced himself. I also think they will make the playoffs next season, continuing the one year in one year out streak that goes back to 11-12.

I don't think there's any chance they let go of AV this summer either, which is why I feel so bummed about the state of the team. I can see him gone in the first few months of next season if they pick up right where they left off this season. If they look closer to what we saw in 19-20 then he is safe.

Firing the assistants this summer should be the easiest decision ever but I don't think it happens because of how stubborn AV is.

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
That pass to York was horrific. Woof.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Wotherspoon over Zamula on the power play.

Wisdom is out tonight. Not sure if it’s a healthy scratch or Covid related.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ironmanrulez

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
Sandstrom is so bad, I was hoping he was going to be something. He’s just a mess

Reactions: renberg

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Sandstrom is so bad, I was hoping he was going to be something. He’s just a mess

iu

Reactions: Strawberry Fields
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad