Prospect Info: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc. [April-May 2021 edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.

IronMarshal

Mar 7, 2002
Langhorne, PA
Visit site
There is a good article in the Athletic by Charlie O’Connor and Corey Pronman about a batch of Flyers prospects, Brink, Cates, O’Brien, Foerster, York, Attard, Desnoyers, and Wisdom today. The really interesting part was input from a scout on how the players are doing. All of the above should be NHL players, York, and Cates should be able to step right in. Desnoyers, and Brink seemed to have the write ups that were least flattering, although all were flattering to the players.

The scout said they all should be embarrassed for missing Attard. O’Brien looks to be a middle six guy if he can recapture a little more of his original mojo.

All of those reviewed with the exception of O’Brien, Brink, York, and Foerster probably would go higher in a redraft, with York and Foerster right where they went, and Brink probably close. OB probably would go in the second or third somewhere but still should be a middle six NHLer (To me that description sounds like a 1-2).

worth a read if you have a subscription.

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
There is a good article in the Athletic by Charlie O’Connor and Corey Pronman about a batch of Flyers prospects, Brink, Cates, O’Brien, Foerster, York, Attard, Desnoyers, and Wisdom today. The really interesting part was input from a scout on how the players are doing. All of the above should be NHL players, York, and Cates should be able to step right in. Desnoyers, and Brink seemed to have the write ups that were least flattering, although all were flattering to the players.

The scout said they all should be embarrassed for missing Attard. O’Brien looks to be a middle six guy if he can recapture a little more of his original mojo.

All of those reviewed with the exception of O’Brien, Brink, York, and Foerster probably would go higher in a redraft, with York and Foerster right where they went, and Brink probably close. OB probably would go in the second or third somewhere but still should be a middle six NHLer (To me that description sounds like a 1-2).

worth a read if you have a subscription.

Only problem is this team and staff will f*** them up all! If they will reach their promised lvl it will be with another team.

Reactions: renberg

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
Phantoms getting curb stomped so far. Zamula’s playing well though. I guess there’s that

Reactions: TheKingPin

macleish1974

Crash.....Heart of a Lion
Aug 2, 2005
Florida Swampland
Phantoms as a team played ok. last night. Pouliot is a defensive clusterfk by a large margin. How he was a 1st round draft pick, I will never know.

Radcliffe, Zamula, and Foerster played well. LaBerge is actually doing fair to good. Will make an excellent AHL threat......

Bunnaman is probably bummed out knowing he will be a career AHL, maybe a NHL call up.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Bunnaman can be a NHL player, but he needs to improve his offensive skill set, either as a playmaker if he wants to remain at center, or as a scorer at LW. He's a good forechecker and generally responsible on defense, and wasn't overwhelmed at the NHL level, but this is why guys like that need to marinate in the AHL, they're not talented enough to make it without a lot of polish.

Fire Tortorella

Formerly Flyersfan1406
Apr 2, 2010
PA
Bunny to me seems like he's going to max out as an OK 13th forward. If he's you're 13th forward, you could do worse, but you could also upgrade.

Reactions: Striiker

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Bunny to me seems like he's going to max out as an OK 13th forward. If he's you're 13th forward, you could do worse, but you could also upgrade.
Yeah, Bunnamans never bombed like other prospects have (and continue to) but I just don’t see the upside to help him stick.

Unfortunately for him, we just have better options.

Reactions: renberg

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
Yeah, Bunnamans never bombed like other prospects have (and continue to) but I just don’t see the upside to help him stick.

Unfortunately for him, we just have better options.
I just found it confusing that Bunnaman had a 2 or 3 game stretch where he was really good. Skating fast, hitting, forechecking, playing great D, then the just put him in the press box and sent him down.

The best compliment I can give him is that I was watching a game, and they were wearing one of the awful shirts where you can't see the numbers. I saw "Couts' skate down the ice quickly, separate a Dman from the puck and make a nice pass. I thought, 'that's why Couts won the Selke.' Then he turned and it was Bunny. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad