Prospect Info: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc. [April-May 2021 edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
120518_chuck_sot.jpg

Lehigh Valley Phantoms Media and Team Coverage

th
Allentown Morning Call
American Hockey League
Lehigh Valley Phantoms
Inside AHL Hockey

Reading Royals Media and Team Coverage

OIP.lE2v5NRYxxZ8vjh73LqokgAAAA
ECHL
Reading Eagle
Reading Royals
Additional
OIP.GyRdRCPtF2-jqEczAkXOrQHaEK
Lehigh Valley Phantoms 2020-21 Home Schedule – All Games at PPL Center

Saturday, February 20 (7:05 PM) vs. Binghamton Devils
Saturday, February 27 (7:05 PM) vs. Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
Wednesday, March 3 (7:05 PM) vs. Hershey Bears
Wednesday, March 17 (7:05 PM) vs. Binghamton Devils
Sunday, March 21 (3:05 PM) vs. Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
Wednesday, March 24 (7:05 PM) vs. Hershey Bears
Saturday, March 27 (7:05 PM) vs. Binghamton Devils
Wednesday, March 31 (7:05 PM) vs. Hershey Bears
Saturday, April 3 (7:05 PM) vs. Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
Saturday, April 10 (7:05 PM) vs. Hershey Bears
Sunday, April 11 (5:05 PM) vs. Binghamton Devils
Sunday, April 18 (3:05 PM) vs. Hershey Bears
Wednesday, April 21 (7:05 PM) vs. Hershey Bears
Saturday, April 24 (7:05 PM) vs. Binghamton Devils
Saturday, May 1 (7:05 PM) vs. Binghamton Devils
Wednesday, May 5 (7:05 PM) vs. Hershey Bears
Sunday, May 9 (3:05 PM) vs. Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
Saturday, May 15 (7:05 PM) vs. Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
Sunday, May 16 (3:05 PM) vs. Binghamton Devils
Lehigh Valley Phantoms 2020-21 Home and Away Schedule
(HOME GAMES IN BOLD)

Saturday, February 6 (4:00 PM) at Hershey Bears
Wednesday, February 10 (7:00 PM) at Binghamton Devils
Sunday, February 14 (1:00 PM) at Hershey Bears
Friday, February 19 (7:00 PM) at Binghamton Devils
Saturday, February 20 (7:05 PM) vs. Binghamton Devils
Friday, February 26 (5:00 PM) at Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
Saturday, February 27 (7:05 PM) vs. Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
Wednesday, March 3 (7:05 PM) vs. Hershey Bears

Saturday, March 6 (1:00 PM) at Hershey Bears
Monday, March 8 (5:00 PM) at Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
Wednesday, March 10 (7:00 PM) at Binghamton Devils
Sunday, March 14 (3:00 PM) at Hershey Bears
Wednesday, March 17 (7:05 PM) vs. Binghamton Devils
Friday, March 19 (5:00 PM) at Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
Sunday, March 21 (3:05 PM) vs. Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
Wednesday, March 24 (7:05 PM) vs. Hershey Bears
Friday, March 26 (7:00 PM) at Binghamton Devils
Saturday, March 27 (7:05 PM) vs. Binghamton Devils
Wednesday, March 31 (7:05 PM) vs. Hershey Bears
Saturday, April 3 (7:05 PM) vs. Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins

Monday, April 5 (7:00 PM) vs. Binghamton Devils
Saturday, April 10 (7:05 PM) vs. Hershey Bears
Sunday, April 11 (5:05 PM) vs. Binghamton Devils
Wednesday, April 14 (7:00 PM) at Hershey Bears
Friday, April 16 (5:00 PM) at Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
Sunday, April 18 (3:05 PM) vs. Hershey Bears
Wednesday, April 21 (7:05 PM) vs. Hershey Bears
Friday, April 23 (7:00 PM) at Binghamton Devils
Saturday, April 24 (7:05 PM) vs. Binghamton Devils
Wednesday, April 28 (7:00 PM) at Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
Saturday, May 1 (7:05 PM) vs. Binghamton Devils
Sunday, May 2 (3:00 PM) at Hershey Bears
Wednesday, May 5 (7:05 PM) vs. Hershey Bears
Saturday, May 8 (4:00 PM) at Hershey Bears
Sunday, May 9 (3:05 PM) vs. Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
Wednesday, May 12 (7:00 PM) at Binghamton Devils
Saturday, May 15 (7:05 PM) vs. Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
Sunday, May 16 (3:05 PM) vs. Binghamton Devils

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
@Striiker Striker, as a conversation starter for this thread, who do you see the Flyers willing to give up and for whom?
JMO, but I think that the Flames and Flyers get together in a deal around Gaudreau. I’m not sure how to make that happen. Calgary probably would want TK which the Flyers should reject. Counter with Jake or JVR which the Flames would turn down. It gets complicated.
Somehow the club obtains a RHD to pair with Provorov. (Sorry but I see Ghost in Seattle) I don’t know who that might be but I don’t think that it will be someone from Nashville. FA only results in overpay that’s not the place to find what they need.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Striker, as a conversation starter for this thread, who do you see the Flyers willing to give up and for whom?
JMO, but I think that the Flames and Flyers get together in a deal around Gaudreau. I’m not sure how to make that happen. Calgary probably would want TK which the Flyers should reject. Counter with Jake or JVR which the Flames would turn down. It gets complicated.
Somehow the club obtains a RHD to pair with Provorov. (Sorry but I see Ghost in Seattle) I don’t know who that might be but I don’t think that it will be someone from Nashville. FA only results in overpay that’s not the place to find what they need.
I think the two teams have talked. They both suck and I could see them trying the change of scenery method instead of the eventual blow up.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Any idea on the possible specific players aside from Gaudreau?
Not a clue. But given they have benched TK and Ghost this year somehow I could see it starting there.

Personally, I’d go all out to get Eichel centered around Provorov. But this is not the thread for this stuff!

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
@Striiker Striker, as a conversation starter for this thread, who do you see the Flyers willing to give up and for whom?
I have no clue. I don't know who's available or specifically what other teams want/need.

From our end, I could easily imagine Ghost, Voracek, and guys like that getting scapegoated and dumped. Some washed up unskilled vet RD would probably be the target to be added, either in a trade or as an overpaid FA. I doubt Fletcher or AV would want Gaudreau. They want size and they definitely don't want skill.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
I have no clue. I don't know who's available or specifically what other teams want/need.

From our end, I could easily imagine Ghost, Voracek, and guys like that getting scapegoated and dumped. Some washed up unskilled vet RD would probably be the target to be added, either in a trade or as an overpaid FA. I doubt Fletcher or AV would want Gaudreau. They want size and they definitely don't want skill.
Thanks. Skill kills. Need it.

Reactions: Striiker

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Thanks. Skill kills. Need it.
Yup, if anything we need more skill, not less.

Unfortunately, you can see the players they've proven they want.
Hayes, Laughton, Braun, Hagg, Prosser...

They're not targeting the right people so I don't trust them to do so in the future. Especially after waiving Friedman and Ghost and how they've handled the current roster.

phil162888

Jul 28, 2012
Amazing 18 yr old season for Foerster. With Allison and Tanner gone he's easily their best player + Willman.... Z had a good game (one big mistake but was overall the best dman)...... York had a much better game today as well

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
They like skill, just not mindless skill.
Voracek has the worst xGF of all the forwards, maybe he's scapegoating himself?
Ghost blew the 5 on 3.

If the veteran core is so good, how come the team is always so mediocre after 3 HCs in 8 years.
Or maybe we have some veterans who at their best were good but not elite, and now are fading?

The problem isn't so much lack of skill but fit.
Look at Voracek on the PP, teams know he's got a mediocre shot, so they play the pass.
If you have Ghost and Giroux, what you need on that right side is someone like Allison or Foerster, who can fire off the pass.

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
Not a clue. But given they have benched TK and Ghost this year somehow I could see it starting there.

Personally, I’d go all out to get Eichel centered around Provorov. But this is not the thread for this stuff!
Giroux is a bad leader cause were bad. But we want Eichel who accept to being the worst team in the league? Gotcha

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
Another one. He’s just picking this poor goalie apart. :laugh:
I haven’t got watch a lot of phantoms this year (or Flyers for that matter).
One thing I liked about his profile last year was his willingness to get shots from the dirty areas, and ability to get pucks to teammates in HD areas.

Has that part of his game transitioned? @Stizzle @TB87 @landsbergfan and other phantoms regular watchers feel free to answer

Last edited:

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
If the veteran core is so good, how come the team is always so mediocre after 3 HCs in 8 years.
Or maybe we have some veterans who at their best were good but not elite, and now are fading?

Core...why would they consistently win when Hextall was rebuilding? You used that excuse to defend Hak, but not the players. Keeping Schenn for example, means more wins the last 4 years, right?

Vets good but not elite....I guess we are in for a world of hurt considering you want to replace those good players...with prospects who project to be 30-50 point players.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Giroux is a bad leader cause were bad. But we want Eichel who accept to being the worst team in the league? Gotcha
For the life of me I can’t figure out how we put the blame solely on the top players and not the surrounding cast as well in hockey. Eichel is one of the top 5 centers in the league. You acquire Eichel and have Couts/Eichel down the middle I’m happy with that starting point.

Next is acquiring a top 4 defenseman to play with Provorov.

Just because Eichel is the captain of a bad team doesn’t mean he is the reason they are bad. Since Eichel has arrived they have had trash in net and on the blue line. That has much more impact on the Sabres being a bad team than a 80/90(prorated) point star.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Giroux will be 34 next year, Voracek and JVR 32, they're not going to get better. So you're going to replace them in the next couple seasons in any case.
You might extend Giroux for a couple years, but at a lower rate and in a lesser role.

If the young players don't develop, the Flyers have no future.

mr4tno

Oct 13, 2017
I wathced the Phantoms on Facebook last night. Seems like the old days are back -- vet laden and playing in key times/positions. I know there are call-ups and injuries playing into this but it seems like they could have made a place for Millman. Does anyone know if Wisdom and Kase are hurt?

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
If the young players don't develop, the Flyers have no future.
Do you trust AV to be able to develop the young guys? Based on this season’s results with them, the answer is, “no.”
The League is going to flip over the next two seasons. Crosby, Malkin, Ovechkin, Bergeron, Giroux, and others are going to be on the downside of their careers. The Flyers, with their batch of young talent, are in a position to come to the front if they are brought along properly. It’s not going to happen with Vigneault running the show.
I get why AV was hired. TPTB thought that the club was poised to start being a contender for the SC. Well that didn’t happen because the young players, as inexperienced ones often do, did not play up to expectations. That lies mainly at the feet of the HC and his staff. I have never seen a club with as much young talent have them all regress so dramatically at the same time. That is the worst part of the season. Not the losing but the failure of the young guys to grow their games. One can claim that it due to injuries and illnesses. However every team had the same circumstances. Excuses are for losers. AV & Co. need to be shown the door.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Millman is on the taxi squad, Cates is up, Laczynski is injured, Allison is up.

Note that Allison and Laczynski immediately dominated in AHL play, much like Myers and Farabee last season before they were recalled. Same with Morin when he went down. Guess if you put up great "Phancy stats" in the AHL it means you're NHL ready?

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I haven’t got watch a lot of phantoms this year (or Flyers for that matter).
One thing I liked about his profile last year was his willingness to get shots from the dirty areas, and ability to get picks to teammates in HD areas.

Has that part of his game transitioned? @Stizzle @TB87 @landsbergfan and other phantoms regular watchers feel free to answer

From last year.

45361_tyson-foerster2020.png

Yesterday's goals came on his offside after excellent cross crease passes. First one was between the hash marks. Second one was closer to his Powerplay sweet spot. Looked like bad goaltending but skilled shooters tend to take advantage of those situations.

mr4tno

Oct 13, 2017
Millman is on the taxi squad, Cates is up, Laczynski is injured, Allison is up.

Note that Allison and Laczynski immediately dominated in AHL play, much like Myers and Farabee last season before they were recalled. Same with Morin when he went down. Guess if you put up great "Phancy stats" in the AHL it means you're NHL ready?
well it is certainly better than if you do not put up good phancy stats, as long as you are doing it at a young age. But the main question was are Wisdom and Kase injured. Becasue if they are not there is no good reason to sith them regardless of what the phancy stats say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad