Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc. (2015-16 Continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coffe

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2010
Stockholm
This is a prime example of why I try to avoid any thread involving a Leafs prospect or player. There fanbase lives on another planet.

It doesn't have to be a Leaf player either. All of a sudden in a Konecny or whatever thread some dumb clown will bring up Nylander or Marner without anyone asking about it. And then the whole thread is ruined.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
NAK with 2 assists after 1 period. Konecny with 1 assist halfway thru game

Edit: NAK finished with 3 assists.

Last edited:

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
I don't see him making much impact in the NHL. I saw a couple games of his. Unless he really improves. But then again, i'm not a scout.

I think he has a shot at being a good 3rd liner down the road with decent development.

He is a good skater, very solid two-way game for his age, can play Centre and wing, is not undersized... he should never have gone as late as he did quite frankly...

and his production this year for a guy his age in the NCAA is pretty impressive even if on a great team.

GhostIsBae

Ghost Whisperer
Jul 18, 2014
I think he has a shot at being a good 3rd liner down the road with decent development.

He is a good skater, very solid two-way game for his age, can play Centre and wing, is not undersized... he should never have gone as late as he did quite frankly...

and his production this year for a guy his age in the NCAA is pretty impressive even if on a great team.

I haven't really been impressed with his play when i saw him. Small sample size though. Also other guys on his club outshining him had something to do with that probably.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
The goal itself wasn't all that impressive, the play to set it up was the amazing part, kid must be one of the fastest players in the O

Patrick Division

Jan 13, 2008
NJ
The goal itself wasn't all that impressive, the play to set it up was the amazing part, kid must be one of the fastest players in the O

I was thinking the same thing. His speed is ridiculous!!! Button got it way wrong about Konecny's skating being a weakness.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
I haven't really been impressed with his play when i saw him. Small sample size though. Also other guys on his club outshining him had something to do with that probably.

I had the opposite impression in my small sample size. Marody's got talent you can't teach: patience with the puck under pressure and scoring touch in tight. He won't likely turn pro for a couple more years or be a Flyer until 2020, let's not write him off yet.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
From last years draft, Marody is 4th in PPG for freshman behind only Conner, Boeser, and White.

He has a better PPG than:

Karlsson: 2nd rd #45 overall
Roslovic: 1st rd #25 overall
Greenway 2nd rd #50 overall

Not too bad from our 6th rounder.

;)

daynus

Nov 25, 2002
Good Ole Saskatchewan
Visit site
Some people here should stop for a sec and don't view our prospects through our own eyes and view them through HEXYS eyes. Think of the prospects and how they are progressing as hexy and our scouts tell us how they are progressing at certain stages. Some take longer. Their are certain qualities the scouts and hexy liked to make them draft them in the first place.
It's fun and entertaining to watch these guys play live,watch on tv or stream and discuss it with other fans.but in the end hexy will decide if provorv,konecny,leir, make the flyers out of camp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad