Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc. (2015-16 Continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ILoveStephanieBrown

Nov 6, 2012
Just imagine if Myers turned into our Parayko!!

I expect the timetable to be something like this:

This year: Ghost
Next year: Provorov, Morin by years end
2017: Sanheim, Hagg by years end
2018: Friedman
2019 Myers

And us moving one of the lesser guys in a few years would not surprise me. Plus, I think we draft heavy on forwards this draft but then the following year, draft a more balanced attack and then we keep filling the D pipeline coming so we can at some point, replace Ghost, etc... As sad as that sounds...lol.

So we can replace Hagg, Friedman, Myers, hell even Morin. Not Ghost though. Hell no. He and Provorov should be the mainstays and will prove to be.

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
https://twitter.com/TonyAndrock/status/709485787147067392?s=09
‏@TonyAndrock
.@oskarlindblom's season with Brynas has ended. Possible he joins #LVPhantoms down the stretch. Lehigh Valley has 14 games left this year.

This would be cool. Haven't seen much of this kid.

But according to Appleyard in the Lindblom thread:

Season in Sweden may not quite be over though... Brynäs J20 team start their Quarterfinal series on Wedesday... so may be brought in as 'reinforcements' for that like he was last season.

Broad Street Elite

Nov 9, 2011
Just imagine if Myers turned into our Parayko!!

I expect the timetable to be something like this:

This year: Ghost
Next year: Provorov, Morin by years end
2017: Sanheim, Hagg by years end
2018: Friedman
2019 Myers

4 more seasons seems really long for Myers in his draft + 1 season already. Would probably mean he regresses some next season and doesn't make the AHL in 2017-2018.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
They Flyers could sign Lindblom right now & bring him over if they want if Lindblom would be in agreement with it. The junior team shouldn't get in the way of that.

Last edited:

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Whens Lindbloms contract with Brynas up?

Contracts don't really matter too much with the SHL since there's a transfer agreement in place between the league & the NHL.

I think it's more of just a courtesy thing to not pull a guy out while the season is in progress although some teams have done it in the past.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
4 more seasons seems really long for Myers in his draft + 1 season already. Would probably mean he regresses some next season and doesn't make the AHL in 2017-2018.

Not really.

It means next year in Jr....and then 2 years in the AHL....coming up the year after.

With all the other guys already here....likely Ghost, Sanheim, Provorov and Morin for sure, I expect Myers to be ripened in the AHL as the other few spots will have some type of veteran involved.

But it would not surprise me if when Myers was ready, then someone like Hagg was moved to create room. I just think that Hextall has already talked about not rushing guys....and that's with a poor D on the roster. With the older prospects getting there first, Myers will likely be slow cooked.

Plus, look at Morin. If he spent another year in the AHL next year and was given a bit more offensive freedom to develop his game, few would complain. Well that is the same timeframe I gave Myers.

But again, it's all guesswork at this point. But it sure is nice to have guys to finally talk about on D.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Whens Lindbloms contract with Brynas up?

End of next season.

But it would make very little difference if he and the Flyers both think it is best for him to come over.

The NHL & Sweden's current transfer agreement works seamlessly usually... the team don't negotiate actually, the Swedish Ice Hockey Association do, and teams are compensated decently, I believe it is $240,000 to the SIHA, who distribute that between the teams who held the players license in Sweden over the last few years.

Coffe

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2010
Stockholm
Contracts don't really matter too much with the SHL since there's a transfer agreement in place between the league & the NHL.

I think it's more of just a courtesy thing to not pull a guy out while the season is in progress although some teams have done it in the past.

This would apply to a player who has signed his ELC prior to the start of the SHL season and then is subsequently loaned to an SHL club. In Lindbloms case he had a proper SHL contract so he could not have been pulled out mid-season.

Dabest

Nov 22, 2015
If we get Lindblom over this year, the Phantoms could be really fun to watch next year

Lindblom, NAK, Morin, Sanheim, Fazleev,

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
We haven't signed Lindblom at all yet? That's odd. I have to assume Hextall will want to sign him to at least have him for a few more years at minimum.

Dabest

Nov 22, 2015
We haven't signed Lindblom at all yet? That's odd. I have to assume Hextall will want to sign him to at least have him for a few more years at minimum.

Yeah he's going to be signed, question is will he come over this year or spend another year at Brynas

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
I would love for him to be in LV, that building needs some talent that's not quite NHL ready.

I think the addition of Lindholm/Sanheim/NAK/Fazleev would be an insane boost to that team.

Coffe

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2010
Stockholm

Flyers own his rights for 4 years post draft so there is no hurry really - unless Hextall wants him in LV in the near future.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013

I don't think many late round picks from Europe get signed quickly. There's no benefit to the team for rushing into a contract when they are developing well at their current club.

Hagg was signed after his post draft season with MODO but there were concerns about how he was being used by the coaching staff.

http://www.broadstreethockey.com/20...defenseman-entry-level-contract-phantoms-modo

Hagg, who turned 19 in February, spent the entire 2013-14 season playing at Sweden's highest level in the SHL (Swedish Hockey League) with MODO. Unfortunately, due to a crowded blue line there, he struggled to pick up a ton of ice time, and picked up just six points (one goal, five assists) in 50 games while playing 13:07 per game (via).

Meltzer also mentioned earlier this week, courtesy of another Swedish report, that Hagg was potentially looking to play for a different SHL team, Brynas, next year due to wanting a better opportunity and potentially also being closer to his home. Of course, for the Flyers, the alternative was to see if he had any interest in coming on over to North America now, and it looks like that is the case.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Flyers own his rights for 4 years post draft so there is no hurry really - unless Hextall wants him in LV in the near future.

Ok, its 4? I thought it was 3. That makes sense then. I was just kind of surprised he hadn't been signed yet, the way we talk about certain prospects.

Coffe

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2010
Stockholm
Ok, its 4? I thought it was 3. That makes sense then. I was just kind of surprised he hadn't been signed yet, the way we talk about certain prospects.

That was the old agreement. In exchange for that extra year the NHL agreed to pay a little bit extra when a player exercises the NHL clause in his SHL contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad