Peterborough Petes 2019 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Don't think Sag would take an overager in return. The reason for the trade would be for Sag to get down to 3 OA.

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
We probly wouldn’t give up a top player. But I’d throw out hinz a 2nd and a 3rd
If I was oke

The Petes will not give up Brady Hinz and a 2nd and 3rd draft pick for Brady Gilmour. Hinz has 34 and plus 1 +/- rating and Gilmour has 39 points and 0 +/- rating. The going price for a player like Gilmour would be a 3rd round draft pick.

Reactions: Bra Wavers

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
Just saw this on the SSM thread:
“Matt McNamara from Pete's may be a Greyhound
Stay tuned”
Anyone on here heard anything?

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Just saw this on the SSM thread:
“Matt McNamara from Pete's may be a Greyhound
Stay tuned”
Anyone on here heard anything?

Some people I’ve talked to have heard similar rumours about McNamara to Soo. Probably just for a pick or two.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Soo would probably offer mid round '01 forward in return. Any room for one on your roster?

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
Soo would probably offer mid round '01 forward in return. Any room for one on your roster?
An '01 makes sense for the Petes since they only have one in their present lineup, but they would probably want a RW since that is where they lack depth up front at this point. I don't think SSM wants to move McKay :(

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
An '01 makes sense for the Petes since they only have one in their present lineup, but they would probably want a RW since that is where they lack depth up front at this point. I don't think SSM wants to move McKay :(

McNamara and a pick for Joe Carroll?

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
The Petes will not give up Brady Hinz and a 2nd and 3rd draft pick for Brady Gilmour. Hinz has 34 and plus 1 +/- rating and Gilmour has 39 points and 0 +/- rating. The going price for a player like Gilmour would be a 3rd round draft pick.
In all fairness to Gilmour he was coming off a serious injury and picked up his game at the end off the year. His playoff numbers GP-17 G-3 A-15 P-18 +9 against Sarnia, SSM, and Guelph. I like his game and think he is due for a breakout season. As far as only a 3rd I don't think it is a fair assessment.
Comparable Nick McHugh 99 traded to Mississauga Jan 8 for a 3rd,4th,8th with 32 pts being a career high. Gilmour had 49 pts when he was drafted by Detroit and 26 were goals. Then played 41 games and that's when said injury occurred in 17-18. Worth at least 2-3ds and a 4th.

Hockey Stick

Jan 3, 2018
Anything new on the McNamara trade talks? I'll be a little thrown to see him moved... great kid, thought he'd only ever play for ptbo

Reactions: Zebra

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Anything new on the McNamara trade talks? I'll be a little thrown to see him moved... great kid, thought he'd only ever play for ptbo

I’ve heard from a few people it may happen. Wouldn’t expect anything other than a pick coming back to the Petes.

Honestly, it might be best for Matt. He was only ever going to play a depth role here next season with no PP time... maybe there he gets an increased role.

Reactions: Bag Headed Hab Fan

Zebra

Feb 12, 2017

I don't want to see him go either - I told my 9yr old nephew about this rumour and both he and my 11yr old niece started screaming "NOOOOO"
They both play hockey in Peterborough and have on ice experiences with "Mac" and they just love him.

Reactions: Bag Headed Hab Fan

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
After watching the TSN interview with Nick Robertson, I am keenly aware of how much he has matured and how much more comfortable he seems......so great!

Seeing some chemistry between Robertson and Kaliyev in the USA lineup at the summer showcase has me wondering if there is any scenario where Kaliyev ends up in Peterborough this season......how much would he cost?

Just doing a little dreaming in the dog days of August :wg:

Reactions: Ptbomillsy619

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
After watching the TSN interview with Nick Robertson, I am keenly aware of how much he has matured and how much more comfortable he seems......so great!

Seeing some chemistry between Robertson and Kaliyev in the USA lineup at the summer showcase has me wondering if there is any scenario where Kaliyev ends up in Peterborough this season......how much would he cost?

Just doing a little dreaming in the dog days of August :wg:

Didn’t Robertson play with Turcotte and Caufield?

Would still take him on this team 100%.

Robertson-Gallant-Kaliyev
Kirk-SDA-Butler

Reactions: Ptbomillsy619

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
Didn’t Robertson play with Turcotte and Caufield?

Would still take him on this team 100%.

Robertson-Gallant-Kaliyev
Kirk-SDA-Butler
Yes he did......but spent some PP time with Kaliyev.....just the connection of playing on the USA team together would make for a smoother transition if the Petes acquired him

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
It appears as though Cole Fraser has signed with the Kansas City Mavericks of the ECHL.

The team now has two OA spots to fill.

Reactions: NorthernVoice

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
It appears as though Cole Fraser has signed with the Kansas City Mavericks of the ECHL.

The team now has two OA spots to fill.
Not sad to see Fraser go, but sad that the Petes didn't get anything in return for him

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018
Addition by subtraction

You must be hoping Guryev never plays then.... They're a very similar style player. Limited offensive upside besides a hard shot (won't rush it that much). Fraser more dumb in the sense of retaliating but Guryev much more running around looking for the huge hit at the blue line, trying to take someone's head off. First thing Wilson is going to need to do is get him to stop constantly stepping up and just looking to decapitate forwards

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
He will learn.....I like what I’ve heard and seen from him so far. IMO he will be a better player than Fraser when all is said and done.
Lots of upside according to scouts:

Artem Guryev is likely one of the most prepared players to transition into the OHL given his size, strength, and skating ability. What makes him such an intriguing prospect is his combination of booming open-ice checks on the back end, as well as his ability to create offensive chances and score goals from the blue line.

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
You must be hoping Guryev never plays then.... They're a very similar style player. Limited offensive upside besides a hard shot (won't rush it that much). Fraser more dumb in the sense of retaliating but Guryev much more running around looking for the huge hit at the blue line, trying to take someone's head off. First thing Wilson is going to need to do is get him to stop constantly stepping up and just looking to decapitate forwards
Thanks for your input Gens Updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad