Peterborough Petes 2019 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
OHL Insiders now stating Petes have expressed interest in Gilmour

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Is he suggesting Gilmour & Webb for Merley? I’d prefer a serious about his career Merkley but not a bad trade if it happened

No, he’s saying SAG is shopping Gilmour and Webb. Petes have interest in Gilmour... but I believe this is separate to Merkley deal.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
That’d be a good trade for both teams I think actually, gives two guys a change of scenery

I wonder if you make it bigger and include Merkley in there too. SSM could use a top flight RD and if you are going in on SDA, why not go all the way in?

It would likely cost Carroll and LeGuerrier plus a few picks but SDA and Merkley do not have premium value right now so it likely would only cost a couple of higher picks on top of them... Especially since Merkley and SDA only have one year of control left each vs. 2+1 for Carroll and 1+1 for LeGuerrier. SSM could swing it if they wanted to, but it may also make sense for them to somewhat rebuild this year or at least wait to do this kind of trade.

Reactions: hockeynorth

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
How many teams would want Merkley??

Based on his talent, probably a decent handful. Add in how much Peterborough probably wants for him and the fact that he always seems to have a cloud hanging over his head, probably not many.

They paid Gogolev, a late 2nd, a 3rd plus a conditional 2nd, 3rd and 4th to get him (likely based on him coming back for this upcoming year). So let's say Gogolev, 2 2nd's, 2 3rd's and a 4th since we are assuming he's coming back.

Now they were able to get a half year worth of value out of him and his stock has gone down too. At this point, they may have to be satisfied with pretty much just breaking even on the compensation they have to pay to Guelph if they want him gone that bad.

I'd say, if it was SSM, the best they could get for both SDA and Merkley would be Carroll, Wale (or if Peterborough was lucky, LeGuerrier) and probably a pick package which essentially covers the compensation with maybe an extra 3rd thrown in. Carroll and the extra 3rd would cover SDA, while the only net compensation Peterborough would get for Merkley would be Wale/LeGuerrier. That's not terrible value considering Wale/LeGuerrier are top 4 quality defenders with 1+1 years of control remaining, but the cost for using Merkley for half a year and him not maintaining his play would be going from Gogolev, a 2nd and a 3rd to Wale/LeGuerrier.

Diaero

Nov 29, 2016
Everyone is focused on Merkley's value going down, how about SDA's value? He regressed pretty hard under Wilson, and was a liability on the ice more often than not. He played at a half pace, relying on his puck handling wizardry but the magic wasn't there anymore.

I can't imagine there's many teams lining up for him in his current form. That said, we trade him to London or something and I can see him being an 80 point guy.

Reactions: WillardJFredricks

Ptbomillsy619

Dec 17, 2017
Sammy(SDA?) will not be getting traded; unless, the season turns into a disaster. Patey cannot be traded this season; and, why would Niagara be interested in acquiring a 19 yr old in Hinz at the start of a full blown rebuild?
Sammy(SDA?) will not be getting traded; unless, the season turns into a disaster. Patey cannot be traded this season; and, why would Niagara be interested in acquiring a 19 yr old in Hinz at the start of a full blown rebuild?

Doesn’t sound so bad now does it?

Ptbomillsy619

Dec 17, 2017
Been looking at some trades see how are lineup could look

Avon’s speed on the 4th line could really open up the ice for jpj denault

Patey and hinz plus picks to niagara for Thomas

Sammy to London for tymkin and probably some picks

Then at deadline see where we are and add an OA d man

Kirk-gallant-butler
Robbie-Thomas-McTavish
Little-grondin-tymkin
Jpj-Avon-denault

Chisholm-Fraser/OA
Spearing-merkley
Macnamara/guryev-maier
Kavanagh

SDA news this looks pretty good

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
if it was SSM, the best they could get for both SDA and Merkley would be Carroll, Wale (or if Peterborough was lucky, LeGuerrier) and probably a pick package which essentially covers the compensation with maybe an extra 3rd thrown in.
I honestly can't see the Soo touching Merkley. Every year we hear about the quality of the character of our picks, and I believe its more than just lip service.

SDA yes, Merkley hard pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad