Peterborough Petes 2019 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
Disagree again with your views on Petes picks or moves they make...
"The rest of his game will need to grow tremendously however for him to live up to the 11th overall distinction"...Avon had more pts then Gens pick at 23 Michaud (but basically same numbers) can skate like the wind and has an edge to his game so not sure where his game needs to "grow tremendously" hes a legit 1st round pick
Gens Updates has shown their bias so many times in so many threads here, it should not be an opinion that matters. Time will tell.

MoWanchuk1

Feb 18, 2017
Gens Updates has shown their bias so many times in so many threads here, it should not be an opinion that matters. Time will tell.
Good problem to have up front..a huge goal scorer where the small rink will suit mctavishs game and a speedster who can score

foghorn

Nov 4, 2017
U17 PETES

McTavish in 3gms 2pts 2g 0a 8 pims 1ppg
J R Avon in 3 gms 1g 1a

Top OHL drafted player Othmann 3gms 3g 2a 5pts

Overall good showing for Petes picks, my take Avon suits the Hockey Canada profile more than McTavish but with his scoring ability he may take a spot. To me the 8pims show the lack of speed in his game at the international level right now but his game will be wicked at the Memorial Centre, and thats wicked good!

jjhound

Oct 17, 2016
Except the comparison to Perlini's minor hockey is not a good gauge. Perlini played PeeWee AAA and beyond in the Soo abd had his father Fred coaching him as a child until Bantam AAA. His father played high level hockey and even holds an NHL/OHL record, scoring a goal in the OHL and NHL in the same day. In the afternoon for the Toronto Marlies, then called up to the Leafs that Saturday evening and scored again.

Ptbomillsy619

Dec 17, 2017
Thoughts on John-Parker Jones this season? Do we think he'll last the year, get traded??

My option he will get traded other than being big we have other guys that can fill his role. If Wilson wants him for forward/d man than he could stay but I don’t see it

Petesfan8

Dec 18, 2017
Thoughts on John-Parker Jones this season? Do we think he'll last the year, get traded??

I think he will stay. His skill level is good, not excellent, he is a great kid, has size and is disciplined. Wilson knows that he needs size especially come playoff time and he wants the Petes to be a tough team to play against. In my opinion he and Grondin are keepers.

Petes1

Oct 26, 2002
I'd keep him even if he starts the year as a healthy scratch again.

In a contending year, he's going to be one of the best options out there. He's experienced, versatile and can play a lot of minutes if they need him to.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Who are you guys hoping we add as an OA when the trade freeze lifts?

I’ll guess we bring in Jacob Paquette from NIA.

I’ve also heard Connor LePage (2001, F) is looking to come back to the OHL from the Q. I’d look into giving him an invite to main camp and give him a depth role... this allows them to send Patey to the Major Midgets for more development.

Jones
Austin
Simpson (MM Petes)

Chisholm-Maier
Paquette-Merkley
Spearing-McNamara
Guryev
Kavanagh (MM Petes)

Robertson-Gallant-SDA
Kirk-OA(Gilmour or Nelson)-Butler
Little-McTavish-Hinz
Avon-Grondin-Denault/LePage
J.Kirk/K.McMullen/T.Robertson

Last edited:

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013

I’ve also heard Connor LePage (2001, F) is looking to come back to the OHL from the Q. I’d look into giving him an invite to main camp and give him a depth role... this allows them to send Patey to the Major Midgets for more development.

Jones
Austin
Simpson (MM Petes)

Chisholm-JPJ
Paquette-Merkley
Spearing-McNamara
Guryev
Kavanagh (MM Petes)

Robertson-Gallant-SDA
Little-McTavish-Hinz

My view will be the lines will be more like this

Robertson SDA Butler
Kirk Gallant Hinz
Little Grondin Denault
McTavish Avon Parker-Jones

Chisholm Fraser
Spearing Merkley
Maier McNamara

Jones
Austin

They will add another overage forward that will fit somewhere in the top nine. SDA, Butler and Robertson play well together. I liked Gallant, Hinz and Kirk when they player together last year. Grondin, Denault and Little form a good checking line. Avon and McTavish will play well together and Parker-Jones will protect them. I believe Fraser will start the season with the Petes and he and Chisholm have played together for over a year. Spearing fits well with Merkley and Maier and McNamara add experience.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
My view will be the lines will be more like this

Robertson SDA Butler
Kirk Gallant Hinz
Little Grondin Denault
McTavish Avon Parker-Jones

Chisholm Fraser
Spearing Merkley
Maier McNamara

Jones
Austin

They will add another overage forward that will fit somewhere in the top nine. SDA, Butler and Robertson play well together. I liked Gallant, Hinz and Kirk when they player together last year. Grondin, Denault and Little form a good checking line. Avon and McTavish will play well together and Parker-Jones will protect them. I believe Fraser will start the season with the Petes and he and Chisholm have played together for over a year. Spearing fits well with Merkley and Maier and McNamara add experience.

You think they recruited McTavish like crazy and then they’ll bury him on the fourth line? No chance.

Reactions: Ptbomillsy619

Ptbomillsy619

Dec 17, 2017
Jones looked good coming in. Half way through chisholm looks a bit tentative gripping pretty tight but not out of place and Robbie looked good he has an outside shot at making USA keep those legs moving his size hurts at that lvl skill is top notch as asways tho

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
I’m hoping Oke makes some deals once the trade freeze ends tomorrow so that we get a clearer picture of what this team will look like. The good news for Oke is that he’s dealing from a position of power for a change. He has players that teams will be interested to trade for, especially teams that are rebuilding.
Many questions at this point....
  • Will Fraser stay in the OHL? If so, both Fraser and the Petes would welcome a trade
  • Will Merkley be a better, well-rounded version of himself?
  • How will Oke and Wilson handle the log jam at forward?
  • Is there a place for JPJ in this lineup?
  • Will SDA take a step forward or has he plateaued?
  • Brady Hinz.....see above
  • Who will be the eventual OAs to go with Gallant?
  • Will Oke look to trade for OAs before the season starts?
  • Will McTavish still be a Pete after the deadline?
I’d be interested to hear thoughts on any of these situations

Reactions: MajorJuniorFan98

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Saginaw has Gilmour and Busdeker if Coskey, Webb, Prosvetov are the OAs. If no Prosvetov then Gilmour would give us the best return and keep Busdeker. I think after watching Gilmour get better throughout the season and play over a pt a game in the playoffs. that he will have a huge year. I would keep him, Busdeker is a hell of a player as well. Either will help any team looking for a solid OA that will not cost a fortune.

Reactions: Ptbomillsy619

horner

May 22, 2007
Robertson
If you have watched him play in the u20 summer showcase.
How much has his game improved from last yr.
He looks like he should have been drafted in the first Rd.
Being a leaf fans so happy with this pk .

Reactions: Petes

Ptbomillsy619

Dec 17, 2017
Robertson
If you have watched him play in the u20 summer showcase.
How much has his game improved from last yr.
He looks like he should have been drafted in the first Rd.
Being a leaf fans so happy with this pk .

He’s one of the hardest workers in the ohl kids motor nvr stops running. I think he felt snubbed going second round I expect 70-80 points from him this year leading are team From what I’ve seen there is some improvement on his skating top speed. Will see as the tourney goes on and training camp starts.

horner

May 22, 2007
He’s one of the hardest workers in the ohl kids motor nvr stops running. I think he felt snubbed going second round I expect 70-80 points from him this year leading are team From what I’ve seen there is some improvement on his skating top speed. Will see as the tourney goes on and training camp starts.
Thanks

SaginawFan

Apr 29, 2017

Jones
Austin
Simpson (MM Petes)

Chisholm-Maier
Paquette-Merkley
Spearing-McNamara
Guryev
Kavanagh (MM Petes)

Robertson-Gallant-SDA
Little-McTavish-Hinz

What would come our way for Gilmour do you think? I think he will be the one traded for sure.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad