Peterborough Petes 2019 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WillardJFredricks

May 7, 2004
Anyone following the off ice issues in Windsor?

Yeah, somewhat. Sounds like they have quite a mess there. Lots of people saying Branch should step in the way he did in Flint. I'm a bit surprised Rychel is going along with all of this and drafting the owners kids. It seems as though the Spitfires might not be a power in the west again anytime soon. I also heard one of their top picks doesn't want to go, so I guess it happens to just about every franchise.

P.S. from reading the Spits board on here, it seems Cuylle's parents are the most upset about what is going on there lol

Reactions: Burtsy and Zebra

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
Yeah, somewhat. Sounds like they have quite a mess there. Lots of people saying Branch should step in the way he did in Flint. I'm a bit surprised Rychel is going along with all of this and drafting the owners kids. It seems as though the Spitfires might not be a power in the west again anytime soon. I also heard one of their top picks doesn't want to go, so I guess it happens to just about every franchise.

P.S. from reading the Spits board on here, it seems Cuylle's parents are the most upset about what is going on there lol

McTavish for Cuylle in January?
:D

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
I think the Petes will get McTavish. No inside information just a gut feeling... I feel like we have much better chance then we ever did with Will Cuylle.

They can sell McTavish on just giving it a shot for a few months, if he still hates it we will deal you in January at the deadline when we go all-in.

Ptbomillsy619

Dec 17, 2017
I think the Petes will get McTavish. No inside information just a gut feeling... I feel like we have much better chance then we ever did with Will Cuylle.

They can sell McTavish on just giving it a shot for a few months, if he still hates it we will deal you in January at the deadline when we go all-in.

Agreed come play show teams what you have and will trade you away in January

Win win

PuckStop75

Feb 21, 2019
that would require a lot of trust on the players/agent part - not getting the sense that exists.

foghorn

Nov 4, 2017
I thought it was poetic justice for Cuylle- then I immediately felt guilty- but oh well!
I think it is so funny - makes us look pretty good now doesn't it?
its funny but in alot of ways it isnt... this is why this reporting issue crap has to stop this is a prime example! I feel for the player if it does go south in windsor but the agent and parents that turned their backs on the Petes after drafting the best player available, i dont have any sympathy for at all, in fact, perhaps its a lesson to them all if it turns south...i believe as long as warren is there they'll still be ok

Reactions: Burtsy

foghorn

Nov 4, 2017
They trust the Petes enough with the development of Declan Chisholm and Cam Butler (both represented by NewPort). Both of which just enjoyed breakout seasons under new HC Rob Wilson.
youre onto something ive heard it has absolutely nothing to do with the agency at all. Egos have to be set aside give it some time and put the boy in the best development league in the world and just let him play! maybe petes dont have a fancy rink or a private school but the guys that just ended their career as petes had nothing but excellent things to say about the town, the staff and the way they were treated on ice and off ice by Oke and staff as per billet families i know and speaking to the players myself. I dont know this myself but the players have told me they get team pregame meals every game (including home games) which boys from other teams said doesnt happen hardly with any other team in the ohl. They also said that the petes have the largest stick budget in the ohl so all this talk about how cheap the petes are is just not true and this is directly from players! there is a perception out there about the Petes which just isnt true future players have to talk to current players and get the real persepective prior to next years draft and really see what they can offer....here i am putting out a recruiting post but geez im sick of guys not reporting and people putting out information that just isnt true us fans deserve to see the best kids play on this team and this not reporting is getting out of hand....ok im done thanks for your time lol

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015

Good for the Cuylle’s; nobody deserves it more

MoWanchuk1

Feb 18, 2017
476CC6DB-1180-4BFE-BF4C-ED9BAB7C633C.png

Timberwolve

Apr 14, 2019
He’s definitely worth keeping an eye on but it’s hard to get excited about a prospect putting up numbers in the NOJHL after Jake Partridge... it just didn’t translate at all for him.
Have a look at Keegan Stevenson route from NOJHL to Guelph. Missing out if you don't think players develop in the NOJ.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Have a look at Keegan Stevenson route from NOJHL to Guelph. Missing out if you don't think players develop in the NOJ.

I didn’t say that at all... I just think it’s a tougher jump than say the OJHL or CCHL.

Snipes 29

Dec 1, 2013
Let me introduce you to Mr. Arthur Kaliyev!
A Russian sniper on the wing seems like a perfect fit for SDA......and Oke could have a deal with Hamilton that included conditional picks for Kaliyev returning in 2020-2021.......but IMO Hamilton won’t receive those extra conditional picks. I think he will be a 1 and done.
No way Oke makes a deal for any top end talented player are you kidding he has done nothing zero in off season? Frost and Robertson were top two scorers they were both 4th round picks in2015 Petes had several high picks Gallant, Grima, C.J.Clarke, Fraser, Boyko, Swick, ??? We haven't had a top 10 scorer in 14 years no wonder no top end talent wants to come here! We haven't been good in 12 years ? One year blimp where we got thumped in semis , people think we draft ok? Not me!

MoWanchuk1

Feb 18, 2017
No way Oke makes a deal for any top end talented player are you kidding he has done nothing zero in off season? Frost and Robertson were top two scorers they were both 4th round picks in2015 Petes had several high picks Gallant, Grima, C.J.Clarke, Fraser, Boyko, Swick, ??? We haven't had a top 10 scorer in 14 years no wonder no top end talent wants to come here! We haven't been good in 12 years ? One year blimp where we got thumped in semis , people think we draft ok? Not me!
Well that’s a shocking analysis from you lol oh and 8 Gold Cup selections from Petes from this draft one of the top contributors again for about the last 6yrs so each league reps obviously don’t have your opinion either

Diaero

Nov 29, 2016

Reactions: Bra Wavers
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia