Peterborough Petes 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockey Stick

Jan 3, 2018
Agree with all of this but the McNamara comment, I thought he struggled tonight.

Can we talk about how good Mason McTavish is? Oh my lord. This ‘03 draft class has the chance to be something special... I don’t think there’s anybody in the league I’d deal him for right now.
As far as Mac, yeah obviously there were the brain farts on some plays. But for a guy that had a torn MCL he had his legs working up to game speed. McTavish is a special player, he is so dang good

Reactions: Ptbomillsy619

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
As far as Mac, yeah obviously there were the brain farts on some plays. But for a guy that had a torn MCL he had his legs working up to game speed. McTavish is a special player, he is so dang good

I have not seen a player as good as he is at 16 since Mike Ricci. Interesting connection to Mike is that Dale McTavish was his left winger as a rookie, for half a season.

ptbopete

Oct 4, 2009
Peterborough, ON
Very pleased to see the Petes come back last night with the rookie McTavish and the overager Captain Gallant being the heroes. I've been super impressed with McTavish from Day 1 and agree he's one of the best rookies I've ever seen. Ang, Staal, Ritchie were all good but somebody check the stats on McTavish - has there been another 16 year old who scores like this dude? SDA and Kirk were so good as well. Kirk has become a threat almost every time he's on the ice. Barrie will be a real test for us.

three dog night

May 3, 2014
Very pleased to see the Petes come back last night with the rookie McTavish and the overager Captain Gallant being the heroes. I've been super impressed with McTavish from Day 1 and agree he's one of the best rookies I've ever seen. Ang, Staal, Ritchie were all good but somebody check the stats on McTavish - has there been another 16 year old who scores like this dude? SDA and Kirk were so good as well. Kirk has become a threat almost every time he's on the ice. Barrie will be a real test for us.
Didn’t the Icedogs give you a test last night.

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
Agree with all of this but the McNamara comment, I thought he struggled tonight.

Can we talk about how good Mason McTavish is? Oh my lord. This ‘03 draft class has the chance to be something special... I don’t think there’s anybody in the league I’d deal him for right now.
Yeah McNamara likely just needs a game or two to get back to speed, good to have him back.

McTavish is unreal. Petes best player tonight. He's going to have the best 16 year old season in Petes history I think, has there been a rookie who's produced like this?

Diaero

Nov 29, 2016
Puempel had a pretty impressive rookie campaign, Scott Barney stands out in my memory too, but McTavish is the best rookie I've seen personally. He could have scored 4 or 5 goals last night, that Niagara goalie made some absolutely impossible saves in the second period.

I figured we were due for one since the officiating has been pretty solid all season, but at one point in the third, they had called the Petes for 5 minors, and Niagara 0 (delay of game doesn't count). McMullen got hooked for sure on a breakaway. But then the refs decided to even things up in the final minutes. I'm happy we won but I don't like games where the refs are swinging momentum like that and the calls aren't good calls.

Anyone see Beraldo trying to fight JPJ? We need Grondin and JPJ to save some fighting majors for when Oshawa rolls into town. The season is still young.

Reactions: Bra Wavers

Diaero

Nov 29, 2016
I'm liking how McTavish is using the Elias Pettersson positioning on the powerplay for that quick ripper one-timer. He hit the post as hard as I've ever heard last night.

WillardJFredricks

May 7, 2004
Puempel had a pretty impressive rookie campaign, Scott Barney stands out in my memory too, but McTavish is the best rookie I've seen personally. He could have scored 4 or 5 goals last night, that Niagara goalie made some absolutely impossible saves in the second period.

I figured we were due for one since the officiating has been pretty solid all season, but at one point in the third, they had called the Petes for 5 minors, and Niagara 0 (delay of game doesn't count). McMullen got hooked for sure on a breakaway. But then the refs decided to even things up in the final minutes. I'm happy we won but I don't like games where the refs are swinging momentum like that and the calls aren't good calls.

Anyone see Beraldo trying to fight JPJ? We need Grondin and JPJ to save some fighting majors for when Oshawa rolls into town. The season is still young.

Yeah, I saw that and was a bit surprised. I don't remember Beraldo being a fighter. Thought it was kind of strange. Beraldo seemed to really want to go.

Snipes 29

Dec 1, 2013
Agree Mc Tavish is a stud,lol but so many playing well and contributing , great come from behind win late, 3 fantastic goals to win. Grondin playing so so well, Mc Mullen playing fierce and gritty, playing great. Robertson, Chisholm, Gallant, Kirk, SDA, Butler, all playing so well. Hudson Wilson, Jacob Paquette, David Maier great additions on back end, and of course Hunter Jones stellar goaltending! Tucker Robertson again great addition playing so well as rookie, Well done boys!!

Last edited:

foghorn

Nov 4, 2017
does anyone know where the contract situations sit for Wilson and Oke? Isnt Oke on his last year? Should they give him another 2?3? What does everyone think? Oke brought in Coach Wilson, Grondin, Maier, Wilson, Paquette, Hinz, drafted Butler, Robertson, Jones and huge draft this year signed 6, getting McTavish having 3 picks play for petes midgets to practice with team.. not bad...if not who?

Petesfan8

Dec 18, 2017
does anyone know where the contract situations sit for Wilson and Oke? Isnt Oke on his last year? Should they give him another 2?3? What does everyone think? Oke brought in Coach Wilson, Grondin, Maier, Wilson, Paquette, Hinz, drafted Butler, Robertson, Jones and huge draft this year signed 6, getting McTavish having 3 picks play for petes midgets to practice with team.. not bad...if not who?

Is tonight's game televised on Your TV?

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
IMO Oke deserves a contract renewal but it will probably depend on what this team looks like by mid- January and how the team does in the second half. Given the challenges of being the GM of a small market OHL team, I believe Oke has performed quite well

foghorn

Nov 4, 2017
Examiner said it right complete power outage by are offence tonight.
yup they needed at least 2 on all those PP's and 5on3 and its a tie game without a 5on5 goal. Oh well, still 1st overall with Robertson out Kingston Hamilton and Kitchener next week should get minimum 4/6 points possible 6/6 with Kitchener struggling lately. Maybe Robertson back this weekend?

Petesfan8

Dec 18, 2017
yup they needed at least 2 on all those PP's and 5on3 and its a tie game without a 5on5 goal. Oh well, still 1st overall with Robertson out Kingston Hamilton and Kitchener next week should get minimum 4/6 points possible 6/6 with Kitchener struggling lately. Maybe Robertson back this weekend?

Was Denault in the lineup in Barrie?

Hockey Stick

Jan 3, 2018
I'm not too worried about that game, minus the lacking powerplay. That's a good Barrie team this year. Would be an interesting team to run into during the playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad