Peterborough Petes 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockey Stick

Jan 3, 2018
Got wondering about Cole Fraser today, found that he signed with the Allen Americans of the ECHL. He's got 4 games under his belt with them, so it looks like he got back onto his feet pretty quickly after being released by KC. Good to hear. Not sure if anyone else mentioned it in here prior

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
Got wondering about Cole Fraser today, found that he signed with the Allen Americans of the ECHL. He's got 4 games under his belt with them, so it looks like he got back onto his feet pretty quickly after being released by KC. Good to hear. Not sure if anyone else mentioned it in here prior
With fights in each of his last 2 games, including one against Shaw Boomhower

Reactions: Hockey Stick

Petesfan8

Dec 18, 2017
I'm not too worried about that game, minus the lacking powerplay. That's a good Barrie team this year. Would be an interesting team to run into during the playoffs

Interesting article in the Soo Star regarding Barrett Hayton's future with the Petes being mentioned as one of several possible destinations.

Reactions: Ptbomillsy619

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
Here is a link to the Hayton article:
Is Hayton destined for the OHL? — RUICCI COLUMN

How much does Hayton's last half season in the OHL cost?

I looked at the prices that Saginaw paid for Tippett and McLeod at the deadline last year.

Ryan McLeod for.....
Duncan Penman
LDN 3 2019
SAG 2 2020
SAG 3 2022
SAG 3 2024
SAG 2 2024* (conditional on OA year)

Owen Tippett
Aidan Prueter
SAG 3 2019
SAG 7 2019
BAR 2 2020
SAR 3 2020
SAG 7 2020
SBY 2 2021

Players that the Petes may be willing to move & would interest Soo
Avon, Butler, Spearing

Prime draft picks available:
upload_2019-11-18_22-56-59.png

Reactions: Ptbomillsy619

Diaero

Nov 29, 2016
Just read that I can only hope this is true

The one by Peter Ruicci? It's a terrible article that doesn't have any new information, and the writer just presents his own theory on why it makes sense to return Hayton, which is about as biased as it gets. Will the mystery source turn out to be true? It's not the Soo GM. It's not Hayton. It's no one from the Coyotes organization.

I don't know how you can take an article serious when he actually includes that he's hounding Hayton who is ignoring his calls and messages, and the Coyotes brass are doing the same. Like who actually includes that part in the article haha. Because what idiot is going to confirm in November that they plan to send Hayton down in December? They owe nothing to Sault Ste Marie. They owe nothing to Team Canada.

This is a beat writer trying to confirm his own desirable outcome, and getting ignored by everyone with credibility because no one with credibility would lend their name to the idea.

Is it possible Hayton doesn't play a 10th game, is sent down to Team Canada and eventually dealt in the OHL? Yeah, and it probably will happen, but that article is so pointless in it's speculation and blind "source" quoting that I hate that I've even acknowledged it by responding.

Reactions: dirty12

Ptbomillsy619

Dec 17, 2017
Haha you guys get all wound up on here. This is a message board we all share are wild ideas and hopes and dreams thsts what hf boards is So yah this article means absolutely nothing but to so does 90% of the stuff I read on here but what it is good for was an idea of how the petes could wind up with the best player available at the deadline isn’t that sweet! Lol

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Hayton would be BPA; but, I think Noel or Thomas would be a much better fit. It would be especially bad to add Hayton and remove Butler. Who’d play RW?

Hockey Stick

Jan 3, 2018
Hayton would be BPA; but, I think Noel or Thomas would be a much better fit. It would be especially bad to add Hayton and remove Butler. Who’d play RW?
Exactly. I think if Butler goes then our only right-shot forwards are SDA and JPJ. Butler is a guy we're going to need big time come playoffs

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
I thought JPJ was a defenseman? But besides SDA and Butler, aren't Hinz, Denault, and T. Robertson all right shots?

Hockey Stick

Jan 3, 2018
I thought JPJ was a defenseman? But besides SDA and Butler, aren't Hinz, Denault, and T. Robertson all right shots?
You're right, my bad I wasn't very clear. I meant the guys that are in the big situations. Hinz, Denault and T. Rob are awesome bottom 6 guys for us, give us tons of depth, but as for the guys that find themselves in more high leverage situations per se, there wouldn't be a ton to pick from. My bad on the confusion

Zebra

Feb 12, 2017
Hayton ?

I thought we already traded for the best player is the league-Merkley.

jjhound

Oct 17, 2016
Hound will take mctavish then and fix all those problems:)
Avon, Butler, Spearing and some picks for Hayton, LeGuerrierre and Peca. You would need to move out an OA but Peca is on pace for 50-60 points compared to Butlers 30-35 on a top line. In addition to Hayton being arguably the best player in the league, you get a top shut down defenceman as well.
I mean if you are going for it, go big.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Avon, Butler, Spearing and some picks for Hayton, LeGuerrierre and Peca. You would need to move out an OA but Peca is on pace for 50-60 points compared to Butlers 30-35 on a top line. In addition to Hayton being arguably the best player in the league, you get a top shut down defenceman as well.
I mean if you are going for it, go big.

don’t need Peca. Our OA’s are solid.

Avon and Butler is an overpayment. You’ll get one, not both.

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
Is it a tough decision to for the Petes to trade Avon; a local kid, Steve Larmer his step-dad?
Do we just chalk this up to the "cost of doing business" in hockey?

FWIW........Avon, Butler, Spearing all have a no trade clause as high school aged players.......any chance those guys nix a trade because of where they are being traded to or because they like playing in Peterborough?

Diaero

Nov 29, 2016
We were two goals in three minutes away from dropping 3 straight games. I don't think team chemistry is exactly something we can fall back on right now. This team looks half as dangerous on offense without Robertson. When he's getting hounded in the playoffs, we're going to want another scoring option there. I don't care who we get.

Butler is a big kid and that's always good in the post-season, but I think I'd prefer to keep Spearing if we had to choose between the two. Avon and 2020 picks should open some doors though, and we keep both Butler and Spearing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->