Peterborough Petes 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockey Stick

Jan 3, 2018
Man these North Bay play by play guys are almost as bad as Jack Edwards. Painful to listen to

Sleemans2

Jan 15, 2017
Agreed it is bias and also the point of view of the delivery, primarily a north bay audience. The Petes announcers probably sound similar to a fan of the other team as they will gear their discussion to Petes fans as their primary audience is Petes fans. My other point as amateurs they don't have experience and training like a pro like Edwards does. I am sure non leaf fans think the same of Joe bowen. In any event, having the ability to watch games no matter who is announcing is great.

Hockey Stick

Jan 3, 2018
I thought they were OK and Greg Theberge is a knowledgeable hockey person, since he and his son played here always gives credit to the Petes.

Agreed it is bias and also the point of view of the delivery, primarily a north bay audience. The Petes announcers probably sound similar to a fan of the other team as they will gear their discussion to Petes fans as their primary audience is Petes fans. My other point as amateurs they don't have experience and training like a pro like Edwards does. I am sure non leaf fans think the same of Joe bowen. In any event, having the ability to watch games no matter who is announcing is great.
It wasn't a question of their knowledge or ability. And I understand that every home team's announcers primarily talk about their own team. However today I found that they were talking about how certain calls were unfavorable to NB and how certain things that PTBO did were wrong and what not, similar to how Jack Edward's does, hence the reference. It could just have been me being nitpicky while watching, which is what appears to be the case. Not an attack on the two guys just an observation is all

Reactions: Sleemans2

Sleemans2

Jan 15, 2017
No problem. You heard them not me. Jack Edwards is just the worst. Have seen Petes three times this, once there in Sudbury twice. They are a real nice club. I love watching that top line. You are afraid every time they are on the ice.

Take care

Reactions: Hockey Stick

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Michael Little will get a minimum of two games for his match penalty for slew foot so I’m assuming we will see Cole Patey make his OHL debut on Tuesday.

Reactions: NorthernVoice

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
Michael Little will get a minimum of two games for his match penalty for slew foot so I’m assuming we will see Cole Patey make his OHL debut on Tuesday.
I wonder how long Little's leash is with suspensions and major penalties. Maybe Hutton should have tried to injure more guys, could still be here.

I think it makes sense to play Jones tomorrow in front of his Canada-Russia game Thursday and then Austin Friday night after Jones plays and travels.

hardclimate

Jan 7, 2015
The skill difference between the Battalion and the Petes was really noticeable. Pity the poor NB sth's watching that stuff for the rest of the year - and maybe beyond.

barclayplager

Feb 9, 2014
The skill difference between the Battalion and the Petes was really noticeable. Pity the poor NB sth's watching that stuff for the rest of the year - and maybe beyond.
Stan and the teamscouts are being roasted for sub par jobs...top 3 picks from this year are just fine...

Poster man

May 5, 2015
Ontario
Seriously, since 206/07 the Pete’s have missed the playoffs 5 times, only made it to the 2nd & 3rd round once and knocked out after the first round all the rest. Hardly a banner resume to be speaking too.

Hockey Stick

Jan 3, 2018
Seriously, since 206/07 the Pete’s have missed the playoffs 5 times, only made it to the 2nd & 3rd round once and knocked out after the first round all the rest. Hardly a banner resume to be speaking too.
Thanks for the history lesson, however that poster was talking about the current season.

Reactions: ptbopete

Section7fan

Feb 12, 2018
We’re all pretty jealous of your one East champ banner. Maybe make a trip to our rink and you can see some real banners.

Diaero

Nov 29, 2016
I think the league has kind of evolved past Stan Butler, and he looks pretty out of touch up there. He's a legendary coach but I think they need some fresh eyes who can develop the young talent, but that's just me personally. Coe is having a good season but he's in his third year, Pacey Schlueting looks absolutely useless out there. Not surprised Liam Arnsby hasn't lit it up yet.

Playing the Battalion under Butler used to mean a low scoring game, where you'd be lucky to walk away with three goals with minimal chances. I'm not sure what playing the Battalion means these days, but I'll take that matchup any day.

Zebra

Feb 12, 2017
Wow - lots of Petes alumni working for Kingston!
Darren Keily- GM
Jeff Twohey-Advisor to GM
Kurtis Foster- Coach
Chris Longo-Asst Coach skills and development
Jack Walchessen- NJ area scout

WillardJFredricks

May 7, 2004
I think the league has kind of evolved past Stan Butler, and he looks pretty out of touch up there. He's a legendary coach but I think they need some fresh eyes who can develop the young talent, but that's just me personally. Coe is having a good season but he's in his third year, Pacey Schlueting looks absolutely useless out there. Not surprised Liam Arnsby hasn't lit it up yet.

Playing the Battalion under Butler used to mean a low scoring game, where you'd be lucky to walk away with three goals with minimal chances. I'm not sure what playing the Battalion means these days, but I'll take that matchup any day.

Yeah, I never looked forward to any time the Battalion were in town, simply because it meant a very dull game in all likelihood. I can't imagine he sticks around too much longer. With the excellent career he's had, I hope he makes the decision to walk away as opposed to getting fired.

Petes1

Oct 26, 2002
Wow - lots of Petes alumni working for Kingston!
Darren Keily- GM
Jeff Twohey-Advisor to GM
Kurtis Foster- Coach
Chris Longo-Asst Coach skills and development
Jack Walchessen- NJ area scout

Adam Dewan is a scout as well. Jeff McKercher was their head scout up until a year or so ago.

Reactions: Zebra
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad