Peterborough Petes 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ptbomillsy619

Dec 17, 2017
A little worried about Robertson I know he finished the game after taking a puck in the hand but I think he might be hurt once they take a better look at it

Zebra

Feb 12, 2017
A little worried about Robertson I know he finished the game after taking a puck in the hand but I think he might be hurt once they take a better look at it

Actually with about 4 mins left he got up and went to the change room and Brian Miller went with him-not good

Reactions: Ptbomillsy619

Diaero

Nov 29, 2016
He blocked a decently hard shot with his hand, wouldn't be surprised if it was broken. Surprised he played another shift after that, clearly hungry for that goal lead over Arthur.

Shoutout to Evan Brand for being an absolute goon last night. Surprised he only has 14 PIMs on the season, he took 3 really stupid penalties and gave the Petes every opportunity to get momentum back in the game.

ptbopete

Oct 4, 2009
Peterborough, ON
I've stopped pucks with the palm of my glove a few times and that hurts a lot. If it hit him in the palm I would think that it's just a bruise. But I didn't see where it hit him in the hand.
Question: why does Wilson only play Guryev two shifts a game? Every time? Same with Patey last night. These kids need a bit more time on the ice.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
I've stopped pucks with the palm of my glove a few times and that hurts a lot. If it hit him in the palm I would think that it's just a bruise. But I didn't see where it hit him in the hand.
Question: why does Wilson only play Guryev two shifts a game? Every time? Same with Patey last night. These kids need a bit more time on the ice.

You must’ve shown up to the game late because Guryev had 3 shifts before five minutes of the first period was over.... as the game became close and the Fronts jumped ahead, they lost icetime but in the first period Patey and Guryev played a lot.

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018
Grondin was a man on a mission last night. That's what they were hoping for nightly when they traded for him. He has the potential to do that, just needs to be more consistent

Hockey Stick

Jan 3, 2018
Michael Little's days as a Pete could be close to an end according to the OHL Insider. Not sure what we'd be expecting as a return. Penalties aside, a guy like him cant hurt to have in a playoff run.

Reactions: dirty12

Petesfan8

Dec 18, 2017
He was so good tonight!!

I agree I love Grondin's game and have said this in the past. This guy will be a valuable asset in the second half of the season and hopefully in a long payoff run, never takes a shift off and is hard to play against. I am impressed with SDA this year and I will admit I was one of his harshest critics last season. He has changed his game big time. Robertson has tons of talent but I question if he is a true team player. He has to remember that there are 4 other skaters on the ice with him and he is not going to put the puck through the goalie. The checking will only get tougher on him as the season progresses. It is a team game.

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
Robertson has tons of talent but I question if he is a true team player. He has to remember that there are 4 other skaters on the ice with him and he is not going to put the puck through the goalie. The checking will only get tougher on him as the season progresses. It is a team game.
Can we not do this.

Reactions: Bra Wavers

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
I was told Patey was staying up with Petes this weekend due to injuries... I hope Robertson isn’t hurt to bad from blocking that shot with his hand.

Hockey Stick

Jan 3, 2018
Robertson is a sniper, plain and simple. He's got some good playmaking abilities, but he's always a shot-first mentality. He gets himself into open ice all the time and he can beat a lot of goalies with his shot, so I don't have any problems with him not passing up his shot opportunities. He's producing like crazy at it is, and he and his line mates are more than responsible defensively, so this is not a problem one bit.

Reactions: NorthernVoice

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
Exactly, Robertson wants the puck and the Petes best chance at a goal is usually with the puck on his stick. Often his shots generate second chances and rebounds that are better scoring opportunities than a forced pass that wasn't there was.

To say he's not a team player is absurd.

Reactions: Hockey Stick
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->