Peterborough Petes 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
Nice to see Hinz scoring, the Examiner referenced him being hurt early on, maybe explains his slow start.

MoWanchuk1

Feb 18, 2017
Encouraging thing is each night someone else picks up the slack scoring. Petes and Sudbury lead league with 10 players with more than 10pts at this point in season. Good sign especially when one of your stars goes down hurt for a period of time.

Reactions: dirty12

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
I’m hearing that Chisholm and Jones will play tomorrow vs Ottawa before they report to London for the Monday night game vs Russia......can anyone confirm?

67hockeyfan

Sep 30, 2017
I’ve heard the same
I would find it strange that Hockey Canada would allow some players to report late just so they can play for their clubs first. They invest too much in the series to allow individual players to disregard the official schedule which I believe begins Sunday around 6:00 and is meant to build team cohesion, etc. (especially with new players in Monday’s lineup).

Also, not really fair to Chisholm, Jones, Bahl and Okhotyuk who might help their team gain 2 points, but might compromise their performance in front of Team Canada brass (or Valery Bragin in the case of Okhotyuk) by playing back-to-back.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
I would find it strange that Hockey Canada would allow some players to report late just so they can play for their clubs first. They invest too much in the series to allow individual players to disregard the official schedule which I believe begins Sunday around 6:00 and is meant to build team cohesion, etc. (especially with new players in Monday’s lineup).

Also, not really fair to Chisholm, Jones, Bahl and Okhotyuk who might help their team gain 2 points, but might compromise their performance in front of Team Canada brass (or Valery Bragin in the case of Okhotyuk) by playing back-to-back.

These players play back to back all season long... can’t see how doing it one more time should make that much of a difference. Also, they’re not basing camp invites off of only this one game... they will look at the season as a whole.

Reactions: Bra Wavers

Zebra

Feb 12, 2017
I know this is politically incorrect but I am so pleased with JPJ’s efforts against #2 Brand for Kingston!

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
I know this is politically incorrect but I am so pleased with JPJ’s efforts against #2 Brand for Kingston!
JPJ really took advantage of his extra ice time with Robertson, Little, McTavish and Avon out of the lineup. I thought he was effective and didn’t cross the line and take any bad penalties......I wonder if Little was paying attention?!
I wonder what the lineup will look like today?
Little is back; McTavish and Avon r done at the U17s.....not sure if they r back in time and in the lineup

Reactions: Zebra

Hockey Stick

Jan 3, 2018
Agreed with JPJ. He's finally looking comfortable when he's playing and isn't trying to do too much. I found in the last two seasons he's been trying way to hard to do too much, but now he's using his size effectively and is leaving his mark on just about every game. Can't hurt having Max Grondin on your team to try and shape your game like his

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
I think Keegan McMullen has shown confidence over this last stretch as well, with guys away and more ice time available for him

Diaero

Nov 29, 2016
I think Keegan McMullen has shown confidence over this last stretch as well, with guys away and more ice time available for him

Hes on the PK a minute into the game. Coach clearly has confidence in him too.

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013

Hunter Jones, Declan Chisholm and Kevin Bahl are all playing. I could not imagine that Rob Wilson would have agreed to allow Jones to switch from the Thursday Subway Series game to the Monday game if we was not available for the game today.

ptbopete

Oct 4, 2009
Peterborough, ON
The Petes and the 67s are pretty evenly strong teams . The Petes let one slip away today, they looked a little better than the 67s for the most part but in the end Ottawa had a few more skilled players than the Petes and had better chances in the 3rd. Could have gone either way in the end. We're missing Robertson and MacTavish - at least we get MacTavish back next game.

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
Ottawa right now with the guys they have out is mostly a one line team but that was all they needed today. Very evenly matched and Petes could/should have won with Robertson and/or an effective PP - obviously those two things kind of go hand in hand.

Diaero

Nov 29, 2016
I can see why Ottawa chose a shifty scorer as their final OA over a steady defenseman. I still think that's the route we should have gone. We had 3 PPs in the first period with almost no vision, creativity and no zone entry without Robertson. In contrast, I think Ottawa netted two PP goals, and had easy zone entries and set up nice opportunities.

Reactions: Petes1

Hockey Stick

Jan 3, 2018
How has the home attendance been since the home opener? I haven't been since then, can I expect to see a fairly full arena tonight?

Hockey Stick

Jan 3, 2018
Anxious game to watch. Reffing was bad both ways and hurt the overall game. Niagara has a sneaky solid team. Jones wasn't himself but he made some saves when he needed to. The boys showed a lot of fight to tie that one up late. And my gosh do the young kids ever play with some confidence, even Guryev looked right in place tonight. Good to see MacNamara back too, he looked right up to game speed. Big two points to come away with tonight

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Anxious game to watch. Reffing was bad both ways and hurt the overall game. Niagara has a sneaky solid team. Jones wasn't himself but he made some saves when he needed to. The boys showed a lot of fight to tie that one up late. And my gosh do the young kids ever play with some confidence, even Guryev looked right in place tonight. Good to see MacNamara back too, he looked right up to game speed. Big two points to come away with tonight

Agree with all of this but the McNamara comment, I thought he struggled tonight.

Can we talk about how good Mason McTavish is? Oh my lord. This ‘03 draft class has the chance to be something special... I don’t think there’s anybody in the league I’d deal him for right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad