Peterborough Petes 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petesfan8

Dec 18, 2017
We were two goals in three minutes away from dropping 3 straight games. I don't think team chemistry is exactly something we can fall back on right now. This team looks half as dangerous on offense without Robertson. When he's getting hounded in the playoffs, we're going to want another scoring option there. I don't care who we get.

Butler is a big kid and that's always good in the post-season, but I think I'd prefer to keep Spearing if we had to choose between the two. Avon and 2020 picks should open some doors though, and we keep both Butler and Spearing.

To be a serious championship contender the Petes need to acquire two top six forwards and a veteran backup goalie. This will not be easy and doesn't come without cost. What are people's thoughts on what players to pursue. Personally I don't see Hayton in a Petes uniform.

Zebra

Feb 12, 2017
To be a serious championship contender the Petes need to acquire two top six forwards and a veteran backup goalie. This will not be easy and doesn't come without cost. What are people's thoughts on what players to pursue. Personally I don't see Hayton in a Petes uniform.

Agree -we need another goalie.

Diaero

Nov 29, 2016
Thomas would be my main choice. He's gonna be riding high off a Team Canada performance, can play C or wing. I just like everything about his game.

There could be guys that we could get with just picks, someone like Struthers from NB or Damiani from KIT.

Reactions: dirty12

MoWanchuk1

Feb 18, 2017
Thomas would be my main choice. He's gonna be riding high off a Team Canada performance, can play C or wing. I just like everything about his game.

There could be guys that we could get with just picks, someone like Struthers from NB or Damiani from KIT.
Love Thomas ..Struthers is an OA would you dump someone?? Damiami works his tail off good player

Ptbomillsy619

Dec 17, 2017
I would like to see us make a move for Thomas and tomasino it’s going to cost a lot but not as much as two deals with two teams

Avon spearing 3x2nds 3x3rds 4th 5th

For Thomas tomasino

Similar deal to Oshawa for Noel and Antropov not as many picks tho going to Oshawa

18 year old tomasino or Antropov will play next year or be traded next year to recoup picks

And if Kitchener is selling maybe a deal for damiani and Ingham could be made not sure what that would look like pucks players wise tho

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018
I would like to see us make a move for Thomas and tomasino it’s going to cost a lot but not as much as two deals with two teams

Avon spearing 3x2nds 3x3rds 4th 5th

For Thomas tomasino

Similar deal to Oshawa for Noel and Antropov not as many picks tho going to Oshawa

18 year old tomasino or Antropov will play next year or be traded next year to recoup picks

And if Kitchener is selling maybe a deal for damiani and Ingham could be made not sure what that would look like pucks players wise tho

It would cost way more than that. If youre getting both Thomas and Tomasino, it's costing you Avon and Butler and then 5 2nds and 5 3rds on top of that.

Thomas alone would cost close to Avon+3 2nds+3 3rds. That means you have Tomasino going for Spearing+one 4th+one 5th. That isnt even close

Niagara doesn't need to package them together. Teams are badly going to want both guys. So theres no need for thme to offer a massive discount just so someone would take them, they dont need to do that

Reactions: three dog night

Ptbomillsy619

Dec 17, 2017
It would cost way more than that. If youre getting both Thomas and Tomasino, it's costing you Avon and Butler and then 5 2nds and 4 3rds on top of that.

Thomas alone would cost close to Avon+3 2nds+3 3rds. That means you have Tomasino going for Spearing+one 4th+one 5th. That isnt even close

They are getting two very good young players at forward and d and the 3 2nds are all in the 2020 draft so I value them a lot more especially to a team like niagara who has absolutely no picks and no 1st in 2021
Those 3 picks are going to have a lot of pull compared to 4-5 seconds in all years from 2020-25 would

Reactions: Bra Wavers

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
If the Rangers sell, Damiani, a tier below the likes of Hayton and Thomas, could be had for a little cheaper and you’d still be getting one of the top two way forwards in the league who scores at way over a point a game pace.

As opposed to Thomas/Tomasino, Damiani-87 pts and one of the Ranger’s OA forwards (Yantsis-50 goals. Meireles-97 pts. Hawel-34 goals) would be cheaper and you’d still be in pretty good shape assets wise going forward.

I’d think any of these three OA’s would be an improvement on a guy like Hudson.

WillardJFredricks

May 7, 2004
oh get out of here with that... teams add players every single season at the trade deadline and go on to have success. What’s the difference here?

Especially in this day and age of the OHL. You have to be willing to add and make big moves at the deadline.

Reactions: Petesfan8

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
If the Rangers sell, Damiani, a tier below the likes of Hayton and Thomas, could be had for a little cheaper and you’d still be getting one of the top two way forwards in the league who scores at way over a point a game pace.

As opposed to Thomas/Tomasino, Damiani-87 pts and one of the Ranger’s OA forwards (Yantsis-50 goals. Meireles-97 pts. Hawel-34 goals) would be cheaper and you’d still be in pretty good shape assets wise going forward.

I’d think any of these three OA’s would be an improvement on a guy like Hudson.

I don't think the Petes will be in the market for an OA moving forward.

Wilson has been exactly what the doctor ordered......a tough, big bodied, solid Dman.

If the Petes were to upgrade on Wilson with one of these OA forwards, then who fills Wilson's spot on defense?......I feel OK about the Petes D unit with Chisholm, Paquette, Maier, McNamara, Wilson and Spearing but to remove one of those 6 and have to insert Guryev or JPJ on a regular basis, is a worry for me.

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
yep, but add smart. Last season Niagara added Robertson who had been RW and RC Studnicka to a team with RC/RW Thomas, Tomasino, & Uberti, and RW Masimov, Lodinia, & Sopa. Lots of skill, little balance imo.

I agree with dirty12. Oke must be selective about who he targets and where they can play. I do worry about how it impacts the forwards who are key pieces for the Petes right now and where they are comfortable playing.

I feel good that Wilson has shuffled guys around playing them on their off-wing at times. I believe it was more by necessity than on purpose but at least he and Oke will have a better sense of the comfort level for different players playing in different spots.

Whoever gets added to this forward group will move guys down the lineup. If two top 6 guys are added, who gets bumped out of the top 5 to the 3rd line?
McTavish is playing too well to get bumped IMO, but Gallant won’t be happy sliding to the 3rd line and it will be a slap in the face to Grondin who has been great so far this season, if he is then bumped to 4th line center.

Robertson (L) (LW)
SDA (R) (C)
Kirk (L) (RW/LW)
Gallant (L) (C)
McTavish (L) (LW)

Grondin (L) (C)
Hinz (R) (RW)
Butler (R) (RW)
Avon (L) (LW/C)
Little (L) (LW)
JPJ (R) (RW)
Denault (R) (RW)
Robertson (R) (RW/C)

Possible lineup after trades?

Forwards
.....assuming Avon and Butler are dealt
N. Robertson (L) (LW) SDA (R) (C) NOEL(R) (RW)
McTavish (L) (LW) THOMAS (R) (C) Kirk (L) (RW)
Little (L) (LW) Gallant (L) (C) Hinz (R) (RW)
Denault (R) (LW) Grondin (L) (C) JPJ (R) (RW)

McMullen (L) (LW) T. Robertson (R) (RW/C)

D-Men…..
assuming Spearing is not dealt because 3, maybe 4 of these guys are likely gone
Chisholm (L) McNamara (R)
Paquette (L) Maier (R)
Wilson (L) Spearing (R)

Guryev (L)

Goalies
Jones
INGHAM or GREAVES or MURPHY

Reactions: Ptbomillsy619

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
I agree with dirty12. Oke must be selective about who he targets and where they can play. I do worry about how it impacts the forwards who are key pieces for the Petes right now and where they are comfortable playing.

I feel good that Wilson has shuffled guys around playing them on their off-wing at times. I believe it was more by necessity than on purpose but at least he and Oke will have a better sense of the comfort level for different players playing in different spots.

Whoever gets added to this forward group will move guys down the lineup. If two top 6 guys are added, who gets bumped out of the top 5 to the 3rd line?
McTavish is playing too well to get bumped IMO, but Gallant won’t be happy sliding to the 3rd line and it will be a slap in the face to Grondin who has been great so far this season, if he is then bumped to 4th line center.

Robertson (L) (LW)
SDA (R) (C)
Kirk (L) (RW/LW)
Gallant (L) (C)
McTavish (L) (LW)

Grondin (L) (C)
Hinz (R) (RW)
Butler (R) (RW)
Avon (L) (LW/C)
Little (L) (LW)
JPJ (R) (RW)
Denault (R) (RW)
Robertson (R) (RW/C)

Possible lineup after trades?

Forwards
.....assuming Avon and Butler are dealt
N. Robertson (L) (LW) SDA (R) (C) NOEL(R) (RW)
McTavish (L) (LW) THOMAS (R) (C) Kirk (L) (RW)
Little (L) (LW) Gallant (L) (C) Hinz (R) (RW)
Denault (R) (LW) Grondin (L) (C) JPJ (R) (RW)

McMullen (L) (LW) T. Robertson (R) (RW/C)

D-Men…..
assuming Spearing is not dealt because 3, maybe 4 of these guys are likely gone
Chisholm (L) McNamara (R)
Paquette (L) Maier (R)
Wilson (L) Spearing (R)

Guryev (L)

Goalies
Jones
INGHAM or GREAVES or MURPHY

Oshawa is not going to deal us Noel ... it’s just not going to happen.

Hockey Stick

Jan 3, 2018
One thing for sure, Oke has done a good job getting himself into a position to make some moves with a heap of young players and relevant draft picks. It'll be an interesting few months. When is the OHL trade deadline? In and around February 10th or so?

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
One thing for sure, Oke has done a good job getting himself into a position to make some moves with a heap of young players and relevant draft picks. It'll be an interesting few months. When is the OHL trade deadline? In and around February 10th or so?

it’s usually January 10th

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
I've really grown tired of the fantasy GM stuff. I know I used to do it a lot too but you know every player reads these boards and probably doesn't need to read people wishcasting him 8 hours away from their current life.

Hayton isn't a great fit like others have said, who cares if he's from Peterborough, this organization means nothing to him.

I'd like to see just picks moved and keep the 03s. I don't see many other teams willing to move their 03* at the deadline, teams will target the Petes because there are two of them here, which is why Greyhounds fans are already circling like vultures but that doesn't mean Petes need to move them.

*Though Windsor likely moves Wyatt Johnston I guess after he was hesitant to report and is now a healthy scratch as often as not.

Reactions: Zebra
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad