Peterborough Petes 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Can Maier be traded since he was in the league last year? maybe get creative and go after Jenik and then target a puck moving Dman. Imports usually go cheaper, not sure if that would be the case with Jenik with the season he's having.

I hope we trade for Langevin or another back-up goalie or we could be in trouble while Jones is gone.

I’m not sure of Maier’s year status having been re-drafted, but all first year imports can be traded after Christmas break.

Ptbomillsy619

Dec 17, 2017
At work listening in. Now turning it off. I will not listen/watch another game with Austin in net I’m sorry for the kid he could be a good goalie but he’s shook I don’t think he can come back from it while on the petes to much pressure in this season for him to get right

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Two things

1. Tye Austin is not capable of carrying the load while Jones is gone
2. JPJ is not a defenseman

Reactions: Ptbomillsy619

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
At work listening in. Now turning it off. I will not listen/watch another game with Austin in net I’m sorry for the kid he could be a good goalie but he’s shook I don’t think he can come back from it while on the petes to much pressure in this season for him to get right
Yeah I don't want to go to another game he starts, it's over a minute in and everyone on the team knows it and plays like it.

Section7fan

Feb 12, 2018
I was going to make the trip to Kingston tonight, but knowing Austin would likely start made me stay home and I'm glad I did.

Whole team needs to play smarter and stop giving up critical points against Kingston...

OHLEYE

Oct 17, 2006
Hunter Jones 22 games, 56 goals

Austin 8 games, 33 goals.

His last 4 opponents (Kingston, Kingston, North Bay, Kingston)

Newbie Observer

Feb 18, 2019
Ya, I d say they all shit the bed tonight. However, all teams have a bad one and your guys were due. I wouldnt blame the whole game on Austin, he had over 45 shots and those goals were either point blank or man wide open at side of net. Oh well, you get them back tomorrow. 4 out 6 points aint bad

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
JPJ is a forward and no one looks like a defence man tonight
Poor Austin

I wouldnt blame the whole game on Austin, he had over 45 shots and those goals were either point blank or man wide open at side of net. Oh well, you get them back tomorrow. 4 out 6 points aint bad
Yes but it sure looked like a team that was down 1-0 with the backup goalie in net one minute in once again and felt like they were defeated pretty quickly.

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
McTavish hasn’t looked himself recently....3 bad penalties tonight
Also, did Liam Kirk get hurt ?
I don’t think I saw him in the last half of the game

Ptbomillsy619

Dec 17, 2017
When he’s in net the team can’t trust him and in turn there game changes and it looks like that tonight so. I can’t put this on a the team it’s on the fact they can’t play their game and playing are game is this teams strength when you have a goalie you can’t trust to make a save. You grip a little tighter and things unwind a lot quicker when it was 4-2 the petes took some control back for a bit then they scored and you could tell they threw in the towel

Ptbomillsy619

Dec 17, 2017
McTavish hasn’t looked himself recently....3 bad penalties tonight
Also, did Liam Kirk get hurt ?
I don’t think I saw him in the last half of the game

He needs to play with talent Talent needs talent Keep robbie sda kirk But they gotta break up little gallant hinz. Put mctavish back on a wing with gallant Or even move Kirk

Robbie sda mctavish
Kirk gallant tucker
Butler grondin hinz
Little Avon mcmullen

WillardJFredricks

May 7, 2004
Two things

1. Tye Austin is not capable of carrying the load while Jones is gone
2. JPJ is not a defenseman

I feel bad for Austin. I didn't see the game tonight, so I can't really comment on whether they were bad goals or not, but it's been almost a guaranteed loss when he's out there. It will be an interesting time when Jones is gone to the junior camp.

JPJ is much better at forward. I think it suits him best. He's good at digging in the corners and getting to the front of the net and pushing people around. It seems to me that's the ideal spot for him. I'm never a fan of him on D.

Newbie Observer

Feb 18, 2019
in relation to Austin though, dont forget last year about this time Jones was in issue in net and they had to put in Austin against London to try to turn it around as jone would let in easy ones to start

Reactions: Bra Wavers

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
in relation to Austin though, dont forget last year about this time Jones was in issue in net and they had to put in Austin against London to try to turn it around as jone would let in easy ones to start

that’s nice... that was last season. This season his confidence is shattered and he isn’t an OHL caliber goalie at the moment.

Petesfan8

Dec 18, 2017
Austin is basically unplayable.

Let's not put all the blame on a 17 year old kid who has really not been given much opportunity here. Having said that I have said previously if the Petes plan to go anywhere they need an experienced OHL goalie to back up Jones, I don't know where this leaves Austin. The only two Petes that were noticeable in a good way last night were Gallant and Chisholm who are consistent game after game. As well we are not going to win every game and let's give Kingston credit they are a much improved team. A few losses now might not be a bad thing and it also will make management more ware of what needs to be added.

Hockey Stick

Jan 3, 2018
I don't know why they would've ever broken up the Butler-Gallant-McTavish line from the start of the season

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018
Let's not put all the blame on a 17 year old kid who has really not been given much opportunity here. Having said that I have said previously if the Petes plan to go anywhere they need an experienced OHL goalie to back up Jones, I don't know where this leaves Austin. The only two Petes that were noticeable in a good way last night were Gallant and Chisholm who are consistent game after game. As well we are not going to win every game and let's give Kingston credit they are a much improved team. A few losses now might not be a bad thing and it also will make management more ware of what needs to be added.

Get out of here with "he hasnt been given much of an opportunity". He has 8 games this year and nearly all of them against awful teams, and he's been terrible. .855 save % isnt even close to being good enough for this league

Diaero

Nov 29, 2016
The worst part is that in most starts by Austin that I remember, we're down 1-0 within the first two or three shots on goal, and down multiple goals before we can get any kind of momentum going. He's got good size, he makes some great saves but never makes the "big" save we need. You can see the team plays like they already lost the game when he's in net.

Snipes 29

Dec 1, 2013
Some issues I feel that the Petes need to address leading up to the deadline….
· BUG…..what do the Petes need to see from Austin (during the 10 game stretch that Jones will be away) to be comfortable with him as the BUG going forward?
· Do the Petes need another Dman?
· Is JPJ going to……Get traded? End up as a 4th line forward? End up as a depth Dman?
· Of the young guys, who is untouchable in potential trades (McTavish, Avon, Butler Spearing)?

The answers to these questions will shape the questions heading to the deadline

I’m interested to hear what people think
Well I believe, Austin needs to earn his starts not just automatically get assigned starts? And if hes not playing well in these games then pull him,also why not bring up one of our Junior B affiliate goalies or Simpson from the Midgets if Austin is not playing well? Yes wouldn't mind another solid Dman with big shot or another scorer? Parker Jones can play dual positions for us I would never part with such an asset, he gives us depth and insurance. Mc Tavish is my untouchable young guy, Butler looked good early when playing with Gallant and McTavish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad