Peterborough Petes 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OHLEYE

Oct 17, 2006
I'll go with Merkley scoring the own goal, pulling off his Knights jersey to reveal the Maroon and White sweater underneath. The whole trade and attitude issue was just a deep undercover ruse to trick the league.

nice

Diaero

Nov 29, 2016
Not a fan of these lines tonight. Gallant Little Hinz needs to be broken up.

OHLEYE

Oct 17, 2006

I agree, but haven't they been a line for awhile?

Hinz is lazy and inconsistent. I've been saying that for over a year. Gallant has done well considering.

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
Big win. A lot of credit to Jones early on obviously. After the first (fluky) goal felt like Petes were mostly in control, even having to kill off the two 5 on 3s. Too many penalties for my liking in the third but both ways and imo a couple questionable ones late to London to help close it out.

I said to a buddy, using London as a barometer, Petes forwards and goalies matchup well but they're a whole lot better at activating their D to generate offense. Obviously we traded away Merkley to add Wilson/Paquette and they traded for Merkley so it's a choice that's been consciously made but I'm not sure I don't like their style better.

I can't stand the Gallant-Little-Hinz line but they always end up back together. On the other hand, SDA-Robertson-Kirk line feels like a cheat code at times.

Reactions: Ptbomillsy619

ptbopete

Oct 4, 2009
Peterborough, ON
Stressful game, glad the good guys won. Really impressed with Spearing tonight. Quietly one of the most important players on this team. That would make a fun OHL final series
I agree. Also even before Wilson "scored" the Teddy Bear" goal I was thinking he was having his best game of the year. Defensively the Petes look very good right now.

Reactions: Hockey Stick

Snipes 29

Dec 1, 2013
totally agree at start of year we had 2 lines rolling and scoring carrying the play with good pace SDA, NICKY AND KIRKY THEN Gallant Butler and McTavish, tonight one line carried us other lines were hemmed in own end? thank god for Jones

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
I agree. Also even before Wilson "scored" the Teddy Bear" goal I was thinking he was having his best game of the year. Defensively the Petes look very good right now.
And that was playing with only 5 Dmen..... with no Maier and JPJ up front.
Definitely a “measuring stick” win.
Dale Hunter, I’d like to introduce you to your WJC starting goalie.....Hunter Jones.

Snipes 29

Dec 1, 2013
Big win. A lot of credit to Jones early on obviously. After the first (fluky) goal felt like Petes were mostly in control, even having to kill off the two 5 on 3s. Too many penalties for my liking in the third but both ways and imo a couple questionable ones late to London to help close it out.

I said to a buddy, using London as a barometer, Petes forwards and goalies matchup well but they're a whole lot better at activating their D to generate offense. Obviously we traded away Merkley to add Wilson/Paquette and they traded for Merkley so it's a choice that's been consciously made but I'm not sure I don't like their style better.

I can't stand the Gallant-Little-Hinz line but they always end up back together. On the other hand, SDA-Robertson-Kirk line feels like a cheat code at times.
Agree , Gallant needs some players to play with

Ptbomillsy619

Dec 17, 2017
How is it fair that Ottawa’s gets to play these cross over games against the q they play Gatineau this weekend who is absolutely terrible second to last in the q on a 7 game losing streak I don’t think it’s right they get to play games against another league That no one else gets to play

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Petes definitely built to go deep in the playoffs. Solid in all areas of the game. Top line is among the best in the O.
Yes this would make for a great OHL final should the stars align.
A little off topic but am I the only one hoping that Kirk is made captain next season for no other reason than to hear captain Kirk repeated alllll year?

GangGreen

May 27, 2012
And that was playing with only 5 Dmen..... with no Maier and JPJ up front.
Definitely a “measuring stick” win.
Dale Hunter, I’d like to introduce you to your WJC starting goalie.....Hunter Jones.

I hope you’re right.

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
Petes definitely built to go deep in the playoffs. Solid in all areas of the game. Top line is among the best in the O.
Yes this would make for a great OHL final should the stars align.
A little off topic but am I the only one hoping that Kirk is made captain next season for no other reason than to hear captain Kirk repeated alllll year?
I can assure you every Petes fan here would be ecstatic if Kirk is back here next season... He's a good player, from what I've heard an awesome guy and seems to be continually improving. Selfishly, would love him to return but honestly, I'd love even more for him to sign a pro contract with Arizona (ideally the type Gallant signed with the Sharks where he gets the deal but still returns to Peterborough to captain the team).

Petes1

Oct 26, 2002
Do players drafted out of Europe still have 4 years to sign their ELC or was that changed?

ptbopete

Oct 4, 2009
Peterborough, ON
How is it fair that Ottawa’s gets to play these cross over games against the q they play Gatineau this weekend who is absolutely terrible second to last in the q on a 7 game losing streak I don’t think it’s right they get to play games against another league That no one else gets to play
It's an interesting point. One argument is that Ottawa has to travel far for all of their road games and Gatineau is right across the river from them. So it's a sort of compensation for both Ottawa and Gatineau. However the three northern teams in the O travel pretty far too. I don't see it as a big deal -also maybe another year GAtineau will be way better than Ottawa and it will work in our favour. But Ottawa always seems to have a good team....

Reactions: OHLoutsider2020

WillardJFredricks

May 7, 2004
There's such a difference in SDA's game when Robertson is playing. Without Robertson he looks lost, but when they're together he shows life. I like how Kirk has gotten more physical this year. He seemed to avoid contact a lot last season, but not this year.

Thank goodness for Jones last night!

Reactions: Bra Wavers

Diaero

Nov 29, 2016
Avon was finishing some checks last night. I'd really like to see him or Tucker get some of the ice time that's going to Hinz and Little because they have endless motors, and Robertson seems to have the hockey IQ to always be in the right place for a scoring chance out of nothing.

Robertson - SDA - Kirk (scoring)
Tucker - Gallant - McTavish (scoring)
Little - Grondin - Butler (hit and grind)
McMullen - Avon - Hinz (energy)

Reactions: Ptbomillsy619

Ptbomillsy619

Dec 17, 2017
It's an interesting point. One argument is that Ottawa has to travel far for all of their road games and Gatineau is right across the river from them. So it's a sort of compensation for both Ottawa and Gatineau. However the three northern teams in the O travel pretty far too. I don't see it as a big deal -also maybe another year GAtineau will be way better than Ottawa and it will work in our favour. But Ottawa always seems to have a good team....

I’m more so meaning the fact they get a team no one else gets to play. Good or bad yes this year sucks for us. But as an Ohl fan it’s not right for any team in our league to play teams outside of our league

Ptbomillsy619

Dec 17, 2017
Avon was finishing some checks last night. I'd really like to see him or Tucker get some of the ice time that's going to Hinz and Little because they have endless motors, and Robertson seems to have the hockey IQ to always be in the right place for a scoring chance out of nothing.

Robertson - SDA - Kirk (scoring)
Tucker - Gallant - McTavish (scoring)
Little - Grondin - Butler (hit and grind)
McMullen - Avon - Hinz (energy)

I like how these lines look. if we’re going to be bringing guys in at the deadline I think hinz and little need to be moved we don’t have a place for them on this team cause I agree the kids are playing better and deserve the ice over them. I love butlers game but he’s been almost non existent this season on the ice if he’s a piece we have to move and maybe keep Avon I’m no opposed to that. For us and him he might need a change of scenery

Reactions: Bra Wavers
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig