Peterborough Petes 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockey Stick

Jan 3, 2018
Petes in talks with Niagara about Akil Thomas, and in talks with Barrie, hopefully about Tucker, according to OHL Insiders.

That just got me very fired up on this boring Monday

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
To Barrie: Butler, Maier, 2 2nds, 2 3rds
To Petes: Tucker, Pekar

Robertson-SDA-McTavish
Pekar-Gallant-Kirk
Little-Grondin-Hinz
McMullen-Tucker R-ParkerJones

Chisholm-Tucker
Paquette-McNamara
Wilson-Spearing

MeafAttack

Dec 8, 2013
In the Meaf

Robertson-SDA-McTavish
Pekar-Gallant-Kirk
Little-Grondin-Hinz

Chisholm-Tucker
Paquette-McNamara
Wilson-Spearing

Pretty sure it would take a little more than that to make the deal happen. Apparently lots of interest in Tucker and you are talking about 2 NHL drafted players. Tucker could be back next year so there would have to be some nice conditions IMO.

MoWanchuk1

Feb 18, 2017

Robertson-SDA-McTavish
Pekar-Gallant-Kirk
Little-Grondin-Hinz

Chisholm-Tucker
Paquette-McNamara
Wilson-Spearing
Interesting

MoWanchuk1

Feb 18, 2017
No. Barrie is setting up their roster to be going for it next year and he’d be their best player

could see Pekar/Tucker though and just get rid of Maier, who was a weird pick at that spot in the draft
Believe it or not I did hear Suzuki’s name was thrown out there with Tucker’s from a reputable agent over weekend...could be BS who knows

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015

Robertson-SDA-McTavish
Pekar-Gallant-Kirk
Little-Grondin-Hinz

Chisholm-Tucker
Paquette-McNamara
Wilson-Spearing

Like the idea of Austin & picks for Greaves, though I can’t see Maier as an option for Barrie. It would be Spearing imo. Tucker is a very good LD so both Hudson & Paquette would be RD. Does that work?

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Like the idea of Austin & picks for Greaves, though I can’t see Maier as an option for Barrie. It would be Spearing imo. Tucker is a very good LD so both Hudson & Paquette would be RD. Does that work?

Maier has to go for import purposes

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Believe it or not I did hear Suzuki’s name was thrown out there with Tucker’s from a reputable agent over weekend...could be BS who knows

would make no sense. Either the “agent” doesn’t understand the league or someone is just f***ing with him and feeding him nonsense

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Maier has to go for import purposes

understood, I just don’t see any reason for the colts to take Maier. It could happen, but Pekar to the wolves for example makes more sense because the colts would want picks, not be forced to take back a 19 yr old import. The colts already have Clarke, Cameron, Sredi, York at RD.
I guess I could see the colts taking Maier along with Austin & Spearing or Butler and a lot of picks for Greaves, Tucker, Pekar. But that would reek of two part deal with Robertson going to the colts next season.
It would be a strategic move in a sense as those are exactly the players the wolves could want.

Is this what the line up would then look like?
Robertson-SDA-Kirk
Gallant-Grondin-Hinz
McTavish-Pekar-(Butler)
Little-(Avon)-JPJ

Chisholm-Hudson
Tucker-Paquette
(Spearing)/Guryev-McNamara

Last edited:

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
understood, I just don’t see any reason for the colts to take Maier. It could happen, but Pekar to the wolves for example makes more sense because the colts would want picks, not be forced to take back a 19 yr old import. The colts already have Clarke, Cameron, Sredi, York at RD.
I guess I could see the colts taking Maier along with Austin & Spearing or Butler and a lot of picks for Greaves, Tucker, Pekar. But that would reek of two part deal with Robertson going to the colts next season.
It would be a strategic move in a sense as those are exactly the players the wolves could want.

Is this what the line up would then look like?
Robertson-SDA-Kirk
Gallant-Grondin-Hinz
McTavish-Pekar-(Butler)
Little-(Avon)-JPJ

Chisholm-Hudson
Tucker-Paquette
(Spearing)/Guryev-McNamara

pretty sure Pekar is actually a LW despite being listed as a C. He’s barely taken any faceoffs this season.

LR8

Mar 8, 2018

Robertson-SDA-McTavish
Pekar-Gallant-Kirk
Little-Grondin-Hinz

Chisholm-Tucker
Paquette-McNamara
Wilson-Spearing

That is a very one sided trade proposal for the Petes.

Reactions: BarberPole9

Hockey Stick

Jan 3, 2018
If the Thomas deal goes thru what type of player is Avon.
One that would hurt to give up. The kid can fly, he has lots of talent and works hard, looks like he's still getting used to some players being able to keep up with him. He creates a lot of space for himself. I think he could be a special player in the league in a couple years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad