Peterborough Petes 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockey Stick

Jan 3, 2018
I like how these lines look. if we’re going to be bringing guys in at the deadline I think hinz and little need to be moved we don’t have a place for them on this team cause I agree the kids are playing better and deserve the ice over them. I love butlers game but he’s been almost non existent this season on the ice if he’s a piece we have to move and maybe keep Avon I’m no opposed to that. For us and him he might need a change of scenery
I'd think Little would go before Hinz. I think Little was only brought here to try and get Merkley going, and from what I've heard/read, Hinz is really close with the group of 19 year olds on the team.

Reactions: ptbopete

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
Some issues I feel that the Petes need to address leading up to the deadline….
· BUG…..what do the Petes need to see from Austin (during the 10 game stretch that Jones will be away) to be comfortable with him as the BUG going forward?
· Do the Petes need another Dman?
· Is JPJ going to……Get traded? End up as a 4th line forward? End up as a depth Dman?
· Of the young guys, who is untouchable in potential trades (McTavish, Avon, Butler Spearing)?

The answers to these questions will shape the questions heading to the deadline

I’m interested to hear what people think

Petes

Jun 23, 2014

Tyler Tucker anyone? Imagine him with Chis....

I hate to say this but I didn’t even really realize Maier wasn’t playing last night. I think that’s both a good and bad thing...

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017

Tyler Tucker anyone? Imagine him with Chis....

I hate to say this but I didn’t even really realize Maier wasn’t playing last night. I think that’s both a good and bad thing...

Haha yeah took me quite a while to figure out who was sitting with Robertson back in but I wasn't really thinking it would be a dman.

Diaero

Nov 29, 2016
I like having JPJ in a depth role, whether that's as a 7th dman on a fourth line energy guy. I think come post-season, we're going to want those big bodied guys that can get into scrums and back the other team down. Grondin, Butler, JPJ all do a pretty good job of bullying guys in scrums and there's been very few guys willing to try to stop them.

Reactions: OHLEYE

Zebra

Feb 12, 2017
Plus the bullying really throws the other team off their game which ultimately helps us win

Diaero

Nov 29, 2016
Plus the bullying really throws the other team off their game which ultimately helps us win

That's how we beat Ottawa. We don't want to go goal for goal with them, we get their star players rattled and off their game. We wear down their defense with an aggressive forecheck and finish every hit.

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018
That's how we beat Ottawa. We don't want to go goal for goal with them, we get their star players rattled and off their game. We wear down their defense with an aggressive forecheck and finish every hit.

That means John Parker-Jones is out against the Keating-Rossi-Garreffa line? No thanks

Reactions: Ptbomillsy619

OHLEYE

Oct 17, 2006
Butler and a couple 3rd/4th round picks for Tucker anyone?

It depends if Oke is still going to add forwards. There's a much more pressing need to add a top forward. Butler has been disappointing and other than Avon and Spearing I don't know who else the Petes could give up as a centerpiece. I would prefer to keep Spearing considering how well he's already playing in his 2nd year, but you have to give up something to get something. If Oke is going to make a move, he can't put Spearing in a trade as a throw in with an Avon or Butler. If I were another GM that's what I'd ask for, especially knowing Oke would have a brain fart and do it.

Not sure if it's been mentioned on here, but Hudson Wilson has been excellent the past few weeks.

Petes1

Oct 26, 2002
I'd be surprised if another move on defence happened.

But, swapping Tucker in for Maier opens up a spot for a European forward and you can likely add a top 6 forward (Pekar) for just picks.

Last edited:

Ptbomillsy619

Dec 17, 2017
Oke can trade butler and picks for tucker then trade spearing and picks for a second tier forward second line scoring if he can pull that off not having to move an 03 would be huge for this year and the future. But I honestly would like to see him make those moves plus move Avon for a top tier guy and go for it the rest of the 03 class plus Next years 1st Enders will be a good squad in 3 years

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
I'd be surprised if another move on defence happened.

But, swapping Tucker in for Maier opens up a spot for a European forward and you can likely add a top 6 forward (Pytlik/Pekar) for just picks.

like the thought process, but do you want 5-LD? Maier, Spearing, & McNamara are a pretty good 4-5-6 imo

ptbopete

Oct 4, 2009
Peterborough, ON
I'm always torn whether to be a big time buyer for The Big Run. Merkley helped last year but ultimately did he really given Gogolev this year and what we got in return for Merkley this year? It begs the question - When a team is #1 in the league do they really need to add players or just work on getting better with the guys you have? The easy answer is yes of course you try and get the high end guys. BUT. I would prefer to get a low-cost reliable player like we got with Wilson. I used to have these debates with Maximus on the Petes Message Board.

OHLEYE

Oct 17, 2006
And how did those debates with me go?

Steve Downie.

You need trades to win.

Ptbomillsy619

Dec 17, 2017
100 percent need trades. Everyone that you are competing with are adding you need to keep up. It’s junior hockey you can win 10-0 one night and lose 10-0 the next adding high skilled player so moves that needle in your favour

Section7fan

Feb 12, 2018
Can Maier be traded since he was in the league last year? maybe get creative and go after Jenik and then target a puck moving Dman. Imports usually go cheaper, not sure if that would be the case with Jenik with the season he's having.

I hope we trade for Langevin or another back-up goalie or we could be in trouble while Jones is gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad