Peterborough Petes 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoWanchuk1

Feb 18, 2017
Right now he’s struggling with the bigger ice less time to make plays and his lack of strength. He’s got great hockey sense and skates well so those are all great aspects of the game for the next level. He’ll play another year of junior next year and will be closer to that dream I predict.

MoWanchuk1

Feb 18, 2017
I agree with Sq Corners here.

Jason Robertson is a top NHL Prospect (Top 40 pick) and has produced 80+ points in each of his last 2 seasons and will certainly hit that mark again this year. At this rate, 50 goals isn't out of the question.

If you don't have an 02 first rounder, you aren't getting one of the big fish at the deadline so you will in fact have to pay more.

Micheal Dal Colle was dealt for a 1st rounder from the most recent draft at the time plus 2 2nd's and 2 3rds.

Considering you can't trade any other pick from the 02 draft and you are likely not dealing your last 1st rounder which i believe was robertson junior, you are forced to deal a prospect that went 60th overall and is a year older.

So yes, in order to acquire arguably the leagues best goal scorer and a top 10 player in the league, it will cost the Petes an extra 2nd or two and definitely an extra 3rd or two.

No need to go out and acquire him anyways. Play out the year and hit the nail on the head in next years draft. Build that way. That way when the time comes, you aren't overpaying on teh trade market to get better.
I agree as well but in no way should Petes even consider a trade for Robertson unless he demands the trade and only to Petes where Petes have the upper hand otherwise no way for the cost as you’ve indicated! I’d be trying to get a 00’ D and forward for next years run. If Oke can do this Petes will be among the top in the east next year for certain. My guess is all NHL picks in current roster will be back plus 2 2019 picks Jones and lil Robertson.
Things look very good for the future!

Reactions: SebJHockey

WillardJFredricks

May 7, 2004
Hey guys, what's the verdict on Liam Kirk over there?

Think he could make the NHL?

Hasn't shown much yet. Maybe there was too much hype. He's not usually noticeable out there. Seems to avoid contact. I think he'll be an okay OHL player in time. He just needs to adjust. I think the hype about his signing made us think he'd come in and score 25-30 goals as a rookie. No clue about NHL prospects. Hopefully he can pick it up as the season continues.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015

Jason Robertson is a top NHL Prospect (Top 40 pick) and has produced 80+ points in each of his last 2 seasons and will certainly hit that mark again this year. At this rate, 50 goals isn't out of the question.

If you don't have an 02 first rounder, you aren't getting one of the big fish at the deadline so you will in fact have to pay more.

Micheal Dal Colle was dealt for a 1st rounder from the most recent draft at the time plus 2 2nd's and 2 3rds.

Considering you can't trade any other pick from the 02 draft and you are likely not dealing your last 1st rounder which i believe was robertson junior, you are forced to deal a prospect that went 60th overall and is a year older.

So yes, in order to acquire arguably the leagues best goal scorer and a top 10 player in the league, it will cost the Petes an extra 2nd or two and definitely an extra 3rd or two.

No need to go out and acquire him anyways. Play out the year and hit the nail on the head in next years draft. Build that way. That way when the time comes, you aren't overpaying on teh trade market to get better.

I don’t necessarily think Petes acquiring Robertson should or will happen, just a reasonable option dependant on other eastern conference teams aggressiveness; and, I believe it would not harm the Petes future at all. Plus, it’s something I very much want to see :)
Since the ‘02 kids are considered better than any since the ‘97, and the years picks can be traded is now capped at six years moving towards four; I believe more 4-5 round picks and slightly older kids will be moved in lieu of 16 yr old 1sts, and 2nds & 3rds - seven drafts in advance.
A team can only play 4-16 yr olds. The Petes ‘19 draft board consists of 2-1sts, 2-2nds, comp 2nd, & 15 other picks over the 15 round draft. The Petes are already a deep team. When Gallant returns, Grondin (‘00 -2nd) or Denault (‘00 -3rd) will sit along with Supryka (‘01 -3rd) and ‘01 born Partridge. One way to attract two of the best available ‘03-1sts (along with available gold package) is have a clear path to meaningful minutes on a team that can win.
Teams we can we reasonably expect to part with an ‘02 1st, imo; London, Niagara, & Guelph - (possibly most interested in DiPietro & OA > Poirier). It doesn’t make much sense for Ottawa; and, Kingston might have to sweeten the deal to pry Purfetti.
Is it even a certainty that an ‘02-1st would waive NTC to go to a team with a big rebuild ahead?
It’s possible that the best offer KGN can expect for Robertson plus 1.5 seasons of Brahaney is: Supryka and Grondin or Denault; plus ‘19 KGN-2nd, 5th; ‘20 2nd, KGN 3rd, KGN 5th; ‘21-5th; ‘22 -2nd & 4th. The Frontenacs just need to fill their draft board. And, I don’t see that as harmful to the Petes future at all.

Last edited:

Petesfan8

Dec 18, 2017
Must have been. Would be nice if Wilson would send a message to SDA by benching him for a game.

I agree 100%. SDA needs to be sent a strong message. If not benched then at least have his ice time cut and taken off the PP. Last night with the goalie pulled the Petes were putting strong pressure on Hamilton with lots of action around the Hamilton net until SDA took over and once again gave the puck away. Very frustrating to watch and surprisingly he is sent back out to repeat his dumb play.

Reactions: WillardJFredricks

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
I don’t necessarily think Petes acquiring Robertson should or will happen, just a reasonable option dependant on other eastern conference teams aggressiveness; and, I believe it would not harm the Petes future at all. Plus, it’s something I very much want to see :)
Since the ‘02 kids are considered better than any since the ‘97, and the years picks can be traded is now capped at six years moving towards four; I believe more 4-5 round picks and slightly older kids will be moved in lieu of 16 yr old 1sts, and 2nds & 3rds - seven drafts in advance.
A team can only play 4-16 yr olds. The Petes ‘19 draft board consists of 2-1sts, 2-2nds, comp 2nd, & 15 other picks over the 15 round draft. The Petes are already a deep team. When Gallant returns, Grondin (‘00 -2nd) or Denault (‘00 -3rd) will sit along with Supryka (‘01 -3rd) and ‘01 born Partridge. One way to attract two of the best available ‘03-1sts (along with available gold package) is have a clear path to meaningful minutes on a team that can win.
Teams we can we reasonably expect to part with an ‘02 1st, imo; London, Niagara, & Guelph - (possibly most interested in DiPietro & OA > Poirier). It doesn’t make much sense for Ottawa; and, Kingston might have to sweeten the deal to pry Purfetti.
Is it even a certainty that an ‘02-1st would waive NTC to go to a team with a big rebuild ahead?
It’s possible that the best offer KGN can expect for Robertson plus 1.5 seasons of Brahaney is: Supryka and Grondin or Denault; plus ‘19 KGN-2nd, 5th; ‘20 2nd, KGN 3rd, KGN 5th; ‘21-5th; ‘22 -2nd & 4th. The Frontenacs just need to fill their draft board. And, I don’t see that as harmful to the Petes future at all.

I’m sorry but no.

Reactions: MoWanchuk1

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Maybe the Petes use latter of the 2-1sts or more likely one of the 2-2nds & comp 2nd on a G; and, trade a 2nd and/or 3rd prior to draft for future picks if they decide not to add this season. I can’t imagine the Petes will make 19 selections in ‘19 draft.

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018

Exactly! Thank you haha

WillardJFredricks

May 7, 2004
I agree 100%. SDA needs to be sent a strong message. If not benched then at least have his ice time cut and taken off the PP. Last night with the goalie pulled the Petes were putting strong pressure on Hamilton with lots of action around the Hamilton net until SDA took over and once again gave the puck away. Very frustrating to watch and surprisingly he is sent back out to repeat his dumb play.

Yep. Almost seems like Hull is coaching again the way SDA keeps getting ice time.

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
SDA is still the best forward on this team at driving the puck ice and maintaining posession into the offensive zone. Yes, he needs to play better and produce more offense, no he shouldn't be benched.

Reactions: Petes and Petes1

Petesfan8

Dec 18, 2017
SDA is still the best forward on this team at driving the puck ice and maintaining posession into the offensive zone. Yes, he needs to play better and produce more offense, no he shouldn't be benched.

If behind the back passes that go to the opposition with less than two minutes left, the goalie pulled and your team is down a goal is good puck management then good for you. As well how many times has he given the puck away in his own zone with blind passes. He needs a strong wakeup call.

Reactions: WillardJFredricks

MoWanchuk1

Feb 18, 2017
Flints board says rumours dellandrea wants to move...perfect fit 2yrs come home to Petes but who will go? They would want player(s)..supryka and maybe gogolev? Has to be a significant player(s) what’s everyone think?

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Flints board says rumours dellandrea wants to move...perfect fit 2yrs come home to Petes but who will go? They would want player(s)..supryka and maybe gogolev? Has to be a significant player(s) what’s everyone think?

Flint would probably be asking for Robertson

Petes

Jun 23, 2014

I’d go all in on Dellandrea. Perfect fit.

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
If behind the back passes that go to the opposition with less than two minutes left, the goalie pulled and your team is down a goal is good puck management then good for you. As well how many times has he given the puck away in his own zone with blind passes. He needs a strong wakeup call.
How many times has he gone the length of the ice, gained the zone and made a nice offensive play? How many times has he been the guy setting up the game winner with two minutes left? What was his record on faceoffs Saturday night? How many goals for and against was he on for with a goalie in both ends?

He has the puck on his stick more than any other forward, he is going to make mistakes and they are going to be noticed but I don't believe it's lack of effort and I don't for a second believe the team is better without him on the ice, so it might make you feel better to think "oh boy, they sure sent him a message" but I'd rather see them try to win hockey games and they aren't doing that with Dustin Hutton in the lineup in place of SDA.

Someone made a comment on it being like when Hull was behind the bench, maybe, just maybe, the long time hockey coaches recognize that he's really freaking good and contributes a lot even when he isn't scoring.

Reactions: Bra Wavers
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad