Peterborough Petes 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Give up the farm for Jason Robertson for half a season when your team is not a contender? Not for me.

The farm? :)
No, just a couple of players more than good enough for rebuilding Fronts, but not significant pieces of Petes future & 4-5 picks
(approx 1/2 of picks for Cuylle)
Getting to see happy brothers light it up, 2-3 rounds of playoffs (tune up for next season), and show future potential players Peterborough is where good players go to win
Petes have 10 extra picks over 4 years, solid OA & imports for next season, very good ‘00s, younger Roberts, and good young G ... can worry about 3 seasons from now in 2 seasons

Reactions: Ptbomillsy619

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018
The farm? :)
No, just a couple of players more than good enough for rebuilding Fronts, but not significant pieces of Petes future & 4-5 picks
(approx 1/2 of picks for Cuylle)
Getting to see happy brothers light it up, 2-3 rounds of playoffs (tune up for next season), and show future potential players Peterborough is where good players go to win
Petes have 10 extra picks over 4 years, solid OA & imports for next season, very good ‘00s, younger Roberts, and good young G ... can worry about 3 seasons from now in 2 seasons

You're not getting Robertson for any less than Supryka and 4 2nds+3 3rds. You have to pay that if you're not giving up an '02 first, which we don't have

You still doing that? Lol

MoWanchuk1

Feb 18, 2017
Give up the farm for Jason Robertson for half a season when your team is not a contender? Not for me.
Agreed I see other moves to be made for this and next year....Petes should be in best position in east next year if played correctly

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
You're not getting Robertson for any less than Supryka and 4 2nds+3 3rds. You have to pay that if you're not giving up an '02 first, which we don't have

You still doing that? Lol

maybe not, didn’t think Robertson alone would be the same cost as Day and Vilaardi including conditions
Supryka, ‘19 -2 & 4, and 2-3 future 2nd/3rd picks yes

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018
maybe not, didn’t think Robertson alone would be the same cost as Day and Vilaardi including conditions
Supryka, ‘19 -2 & 4, and 2-3 future 2nd/3rd picks yes

the difference is not having the '02 first to give in the trade. Not having that means probably 2nd (0r 2)+3rd added to the trade. Robertson will be one of, if not the top guy moved at the deadline

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
the difference is not having the '02 first to give in the trade. Not having that means probably 2nd (0r 2)+3rd added to the trade. Robertson will be one of, if not the top guy moved at the deadline

Yeah maybe, depends a little on amount of buyers/sellers/do Thomas & Vilaardi get returned.
Say Robertson is not on Knights or ‘67s list, is there another team needing RW more than anything that can afford to give a couple of younger bodies and 2-3 of the 2,3,4,5 picks in ‘19 that Fronts don’t have? With comp picks, Petes have 2-1sts, 3 2nds...can only play four 16 yr olds.
Are you convinced next year’s Petes are better positioned than gens, ‘67s, colts, batallion, & wolves? Can Robertson attract Barr or other unsigned players and/or future players?

Last edited:

Section7fan

Feb 12, 2018

Certainly glad you aren’t the GM. You talking about trades makes me think of Dave Reid.

Diaero

Nov 29, 2016
I'd much rather take a run at a guy that will be here this year and next. Like the deals where we overpaid in picks for Garlent or Paquette.

There's an argument to be made that acquiring Robertson (at any cost) is something Oke should consider this season, especially with our attendance down, but I'm not of that opinion. We can make a good run in the post-season with the pieces we have now and Jones in net. I've never actually looked but we have to have among the most NHL drafted players in the league. Talent wise we should be among the elite in the league.

I would have loved to get ahead of Oshawa and swung some picks for Giovanni Vallati in the off-season. That's the kind of deal we need to look at in my opinion. Talent that can make us better today, and next season, and maybe even in an OA season.

Reactions: dirty12

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
The Petes need to wait and see how things look when JPJ returns before Oke makes any deals.
The time he has missed (playing a new position) is significant.
I'm guessing that the pairings will be:
Chisholm - Fraser
Osmanski - JPJ
Beraldo - McNamara

(Supryka, Spearing)

If the D is more stabilized like this, then targeting a Dman wouldn't be a top priority. Oke could go ahead and add a top forward. He is really dealing from a position of power at this point. Thanks to Jones, the team has been in every game and are out-shooting the opposition on most nights. Oke is not desperate to add, so he can wait it out.

The tricky part for Oke will be managing the lineup when everyone returns. Getting Gallant back in January will be like adding from a trade, but by that time the trade deadline will be in the past. Imagine if no moves are made...I'm pretty sure this won't happen, but....what would the lineup look like then?

Robertson SDA Timleck
Kirk Paquette Gogolev
Isaacson Gallant Hinz
Denault Cermak Butler

Partridge Grondin

........would Grondin be the odd man out with this lineup? I really like what I've seen from Cermak at center recently. If we add a forward in a trade, some bodies would have to go. Flint would be the ideal trading partner, but I'm not sure who would agree to go there. Wellwood seems to have started turning things around in Flint.......they picked up their 2nd win tonight vs SSM......with only 10 forwards and 5 Dmen dressed! If Flint can be seen as an opportunity to play scenario, then maybe players like Partridge, Supryka, Grondin might be willing to go?

Trades are so easy on paper.........it must be frustrating for Oke when people are complaining about him not trading for ______________. I'm happy with the return he has received in most trades he has made. I think that Oke has a chance to hit "a home-run" with trades he makes this year, but he just has to wait for the right "pitch".

It's still too early (and tight in the standings) to determine who all of the sellers/buyers will be. It should be an interesting trade deadline this season.

MoWanchuk1

Feb 18, 2017
The Petes need to wait and see how things look when JPJ returns before Oke makes any deals.
Chisholm - Fraser
Osmanski - JPJ
Beraldo - McNamara

(Supryka, Spearing)

If the D is more stabilized like this, then targeting a Dman wouldn't be a top priority. Oke could go ahead and add a top forward. He is really dealing from a position of power at this point. Thanks to Jones, the team has been in every game and are out-shooting the opposition on most nights. Oke is not desperate to add, so he can wait it out.

The tricky part for Oke will be managing the lineup when everyone returns. Getting Gallant back in January will be like adding from a trade, but by that time the trade deadline will be in the past. Imagine if no moves are made...I'm pretty sure this won't happen, but....what would the lineup look like then?

Robertson SDA Timleck
Kirk Paquette Gogolev
Isaacson Gallant Hinz
Denault Cermak Butler

Partridge Grondin

........would Grondin be the odd man out with this lineup? I really like what I've seen from Cermak at center recently. If we add a forward in a trade, some bodies would have to go. Flint would be the ideal trading partner, but I'm not sure who would agree to go there. Wellwood seems to have started turning things around in Flint.......they picked up their 2nd win tonight vs SSM......with only 10 forwards and 5 Dmen dressed! If Flint can be seen as an opportunity to play scenario, then maybe players like Partridge, Supryka, Grondin might be willing to go?

Trades are so easy on paper.........it must be frustrating for Oke when people are complaining about him not trading for ______________. I'm happy with the return he has received in most trades he has made. I think that Oke has a chance to hit "a home-run" with trades he makes this year, but he just has to wait for the right "pitch".

It's still too early (and tight in the standings) to determine who all of the sellers/buyers will be. It should be an interesting trade deadline this season.
Well said have to wait to see how JPJ does upon return on D. I also agree it’s easy to say go get this guy but you have to be up in standings for top guys that want to win to come to your team. 1 of 3 local top kids out there could be targets for Petes GM.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Chisholm - Fraser
Osmanski - JPJ
Beraldo - McNamara

(Supryka, Spearing)

Robertson SDA Timleck
Kirk Paquette Gogolev
Isaacson Gallant Hinz
Denault Cermak Butler

Partridge Grondin

Petes would probably have to target teams like Kingston & Sarnia that have spread themselves thin in both picks and players with the type of trade you are suggesting. Your example of Flint being the perfect trading partner doesn’t seem right. They have extra picks and might be able to return 20 players; including six D born ‘99-‘02 all picked in rounds 2&3, their ‘01 import D, & also have the rights to Power.

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
Fraser had a checking to the head penalty late in the Kitchener game. Could that have resulted in a suspension?

MoWanchuk1

Feb 18, 2017
Lack of PP production is costing Petes games good movement tonight but no results 0% again. Both goalies were very good semi weak one got by Jones to make it 2-1. Sem has got to simplify his game trying to be too fancy bad pass on PP late in game cleared zone can’t happen.

Section7fan

Feb 12, 2018
thanks for that expertise you just added to the conversation, since you in fact know everything!

I believe that you're the one who claims to know everything. You said "You're not getting Robertson for any less than Supryka and 4 2nds+3 3rds. You have to pay that if you're not giving up an '02 first"

Cliff Pu had similar numbers and didn't get that return. Eire basically got that for Raddysh AND Sambrook. Raddysh was a 110 point player and Sambrook was one of if not the best available D on the market last year and he's a 1.5 year player. I don't know everything but I'm pretty sure Connor McDavid is probably the only rental player that would fetch seven 2nd/3rd round picks along with a young player.

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018
I believe that you're the one who claims to know everything. You said "You're not getting Robertson for any less than Supryka and 4 2nds+3 3rds. You have to pay that if you're not giving up an '02 first"

Cliff Pu had similar numbers and didn't get that return. Eire basically got that for Raddysh AND Sambrook. Raddysh was a 110 point player and Sambrook was one of if not the best available D on the market last year and he's a 1.5 year player. I don't know everything but I'm pretty sure Connor McDavid is probably the only rental player that would fetch seven 2nd/3rd round picks along with a young player.

You're comparing Jason Robertson to Cliff Pu lol. And you don't seem to understand that the top guys (Robertson may be THE top guy moved) go for something like 3 2nds+3rds+rookie 1st. WE DON'T HAVE A ROOKIE 1ST. So yes, it will cost more picks to make up for the fact that we don't have the young player they want. Also Supryka is by no means a coveted young player, he can't even get consistent minutes here and the Petes defence has to be bottom half in the league. Chisholm is a stud, the rest are mehhhhh. So if the Petes are trying to get Jason Robertson for Supryka+picks, it would probably be somewhere in the neighbourhood of 4 2nds+3 3rds. Now move on and stop trying to turn this into a week long argument, about something that will never happen because Oke can't possibly be dumb enough to spend that many picks on a rental this season

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
I agree the Jason Robertson talk is strange. The Petes aren't in an all-in year. Would we even be talking about this if Nick wasn't a Pete? Feels like when Jays fans want to bring every Canadian born player ever to Toronto for no reason aside from passport.

Reactions: WillardJFredricks

OHLFan90

Dec 24, 2013
Ontario
You're comparing Jason Robertson to Cliff Pu lol. And you don't seem to understand that the top guys (Robertson may be THE top guy moved) go for something like 3 2nds+3rds+rookie 1st. WE DON'T HAVE A ROOKIE 1ST. So yes, it will cost more picks to make up for the fact that we don't have the young player they want. Also Supryka is by no means a coveted young player, he can't even get consistent minutes here and the Petes defence has to be bottom half in the league. Chisholm is a stud, the rest are mehhhhh. So if the Petes are trying to get Jason Robertson for Supryka+picks, it would probably be somewhere in the neighbourhood of 4 2nds+3 3rds. Now move on and stop trying to turn this into a week long argument, about something that will never happen because Oke can't possibly be dumb enough to spend that many picks on a rental this season

I agree with Sq Corners here.

Jason Robertson is a top NHL Prospect (Top 40 pick) and has produced 80+ points in each of his last 2 seasons and will certainly hit that mark again this year. At this rate, 50 goals isn't out of the question.

If you don't have an 02 first rounder, you aren't getting one of the big fish at the deadline so you will in fact have to pay more.

Micheal Dal Colle was dealt for a 1st rounder from the most recent draft at the time plus 2 2nd's and 2 3rds.

Considering you can't trade any other pick from the 02 draft and you are likely not dealing your last 1st rounder which i believe was robertson junior, you are forced to deal a prospect that went 60th overall and is a year older.

So yes, in order to acquire arguably the leagues best goal scorer and a top 10 player in the league, it will cost the Petes an extra 2nd or two and definitely an extra 3rd or two.

No need to go out and acquire him anyways. Play out the year and hit the nail on the head in next years draft. Build that way. That way when the time comes, you aren't overpaying on teh trade market to get better.

Section7fan

Feb 12, 2018

Robertson had 87 points last year and 81 the year before, Pu had 84 last year and 86 the year prior. Both are exact same height and weight. Robertson is a 2nd rd NHL pick and Pu was 3rd. Where is the massive difference Mr. know it all? Even Robert Thomas didn't get a first round player and 6/7 picks and he had potential to be a 1.5 year player so theres no way in hell Robertson will fetch that for half a season. So what is it that I don't understand? Name a single player that got that return for a rental season. Maybe you should know what you're talking about before you tell other people they "don't seem to understand"

Also, I never once said that Supryka was a "coveted" player or that the Petes should even attempt to trade for Robertson.

Reactions: dirty12

Section7fan

Feb 12, 2018
I agree with Sq Corners here.

Jason Robertson is a top NHL Prospect (Top 40 pick) and has produced 80+ points in each of his last 2 seasons and will certainly hit that mark again this year. At this rate, 50 goals isn't out of the question.

If you don't have an 02 first rounder, you aren't getting one of the big fish at the deadline so you will in fact have to pay more.

Micheal Dal Colle was dealt for a 1st rounder from the most recent draft at the time plus 2 2nd's and 2 3rds.

Considering you can't trade any other pick from the 02 draft and you are likely not dealing your last 1st rounder which i believe was robertson junior, you are forced to deal a prospect that went 60th overall and is a year older.

So yes, in order to acquire arguably the leagues best goal scorer and a top 10 player in the league, it will cost the Petes an extra 2nd or two and definitely an extra 3rd or two.

No need to go out and acquire him anyways. Play out the year and hit the nail on the head in next years draft. Build that way. That way when the time comes, you aren't overpaying on teh trade market to get better.

I can agree that a Robertson trade involving Supryka would involve an extra 2nd or 3rd but I disagree with the statement that it would cost Supryka and four 2nds and three or four 3rds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad