Petes picks —>

2019: 1st, NB 2nd, _____, 4th, 5th
2020: 1st, SAR 2nd, 2nd, 3rd, ______, 5th
2021: 1st, _____, 3rd, 4th, 5th
2022: 1st, 2nd, SAR 3rd, SSM 3rd, 4th, 5th

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018
Will we trade them or trade for more?

Should be both. As a team who struggles to get the top kids to come via the draft, we should be trying to find younger players who would come here via trade and get them. While also looking to move Wells, Timms, Gallant, Fraser through the year

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Should be both. As a team who struggles to get the top kids to come via the draft, we should be trying to find younger players who would come here via trade and get them. While also looking to move Wells, Timms, Gallant, Fraser through the year
Sudbury would have interest in Fraser, and we have a surplus of young forwards.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Sudbury would have interest in Fraser, and we have a surplus of young forwards.

Yeah that possibility has been discussed in the past. Would ask for Tabak, likely settle for Hutchison or Baker + draft pick.

On that note, I think we will see a fair bit of player movement in August. Petes could move Paquette, Fraser, Timms, Cuylle.... plus, we need a goalie.

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Yeah that possibility has been discussed in the past. Would ask for Tabak, likely settle for Hutchison or Baker + draft pick.

On that note, I think we will see a fair bit of player movement in August. Petes could move Paquette, Fraser, Timms, Cuylle.... plus, we need a goalie.
Baker + picks seems the most palatable for us, but the least for you.

Zebra

Feb 12, 2017
I hope Wells stays- gonna be a long year without a proven goalie.

MoWanchuk1

Feb 18, 2017
The 6'0, 152 pound power forward?

Can't wait to see this
Anything else negative we can pull out of that fellas? See you commented on the kirk signing and generals updates liked it..oh yeah you guys didn’t ..just the negative stuff keep it up you’re real confidence boosters for the guys

Reactions: Ptbomillsy619

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018
Anything else negative we can pull out of that fellas? See you commented on the kirk signing and generals updates liked it..oh yeah you guys didn’t ..just the negative stuff keep it up you’re real confidence boosters for the guys

I've never seen Kirk play, so I don't know what you expect me to be posting about him. Everyone on this board tells me he's pretty good, but this board was telling me the same things about Bobby Dow when he signed so I'm going to wait and see him play for myself!

And I didn't know HFboards was made to be "confidence boosters for the guys".

They should really do a better job of advertising that!

Last edited:

MoWanchuk1

Feb 18, 2017
I've never seen Kirk play, so I don't know what you expect me to be posting about him. Everyone on this board tells me he's pretty good, but this board was telling me the same things about Bobby Dow when he signed so I'm going to wait and see him play for myself!

And I didn't know HFboards was made to be "confidence boosters for the guys".

They should really do a better job of advertising that!
Bet you haven’t seen Cermak either but you commented on him negatively haha hey, do what you want I’m just makin observations....and yes they should advertise it better lol

Reactions: Ptbomillsy619

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018
Bet you haven’t seen Cermak either but you commented on him negatively haha hey, do what you want I’m just makin observations....and yes they should advertise it better lol

Correct which is why I haven't said 1 thing about Cermak's play, because I've never seen him play. All I said was about his weight (which the Euro draft listed at 152) and about that weight playing the playing style that was listed in the tweet pinned

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
The 6'0, 152 pound power forward?

Can't wait to see this
You got some heat for that, but that's kind of a valid point. 6'0, 152 lb Czech power forward? The game as a whole is changing and the O is about as gritty as European or Women's hockey nowadays but still...going to the dirty areas in European hockey doesn't quite equate to my definition of Power Forward. Still, doesn't mean he won't be of that ilk or rip it up for you guys. Other than Cuylle it's been a solid off season for you guys and that Cuylle thing might work out ok for you in the long run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad