Peterborough Petes 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snipes 29

Dec 1, 2013
The OHL is a s*** show for players not committing? What a joke! 95% of league teams can not afford to draft some one who wont commit. What team benefits most by this bull **** you guessed it the London Knights. Agents tell kids to not report, or say their going NCAA, so teams don't pick them then London picks them in a lower round hmm nothing wronge here lol. Tkachuk, Regula, Dvorak, Stranges what rounds were they selected by the London Knights? Joke US kids pursued by the Knights, that told other teams they would not report is a OHL all star list yet Branch continues to do nothing? Kevin Montgomery,Jarred Tinordi, David Meckler, John Carlson, Patrick Kane, Max Domi,Anthony Stolarz, Michael McCarron, Mitch Marner , Matthew Tkachuk, Christian Dvorak, J.J. Piccinich, Sam Miletic, Ian Blacker, Jacob Golden; Alex Regula, Anthonio Stranges , Paul Cotter, all said committed to US college teams all ended up with London Knights? Again Branch does nothing? So it begs to question why are the fans in OHL not raising a ruckus over the Knights sneaky dealings? I mean we pay hard earned money for tickets to watch our teams when the London Knights win year in and year out? Joke!!

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
The OHL is a s*** show for players not committing? What a joke! 95% of league teams can not afford to draft some one who wont commit. What team benefits most by this bull **** you guessed it the London Knights. Agents tell kids to not report, or say their going NCAA, so teams don't pick them then London picks them in a lower round hmm nothing wronge here lol. Tkachuk, Regula, Dvorak, Stranges what rounds were they selected by the London Knights? Joke US kids pursued by the Knights, that told other teams they would not report is a OHL all star list yet Branch continues to do nothing? Kevin Montgomery,Jarred Tinordi, David Meckler, John Carlson, Patrick Kane, Max Domi,Anthony Stolarz, Michael McCarron, Mitch Marner , Matthew Tkachuk, Christian Dvorak, J.J. Piccinich, Sam Miletic, Ian Blacker, Jacob Golden; Alex Regula, Anthonio Stranges , Paul Cotter, all said committed to US college teams all ended up with London Knights? Again Branch does nothing? So it begs to question why are the fans in OHL not raising a ruckus over the Knights sneaky dealings? I mean we pay hard earned money for tickets to watch our teams when the London Knights win year in and year out? Joke!!

Thank you :laugh::laugh:

Reactions: Generalsupdates

MoWanchuk1

Feb 18, 2017
Well said burtsy I said this on knights thread as a league issue to level playing field and most don’t care about the league just as long as they’re winning..drives me nuts this entitlement society where everyone has the “right” to choose haha if all players did it all 1st rounders could end up on one team ..that’s being silly but if it’s ok for some why not all!!?? Quinton byfield and Connor mcdavid get all my respect in the world!

bearfan

Jan 8, 2015
Or how about teams drafting these players trade them to london or who ever get the picks then another pick the following year... seems a easy way to rebuild. London is not given anymore draft picks then anyone else and gain extra by trades like any other team can. Saying a team cant afford to do so is rubbish every team has equal amount of picks extras are gain through trades If your team drafts poorly or its rebuild plans dont work that's on the organization not any other team

Reactions: aresknights

MoWanchuk1

Feb 18, 2017
Or how about teams drafting these players trade them to london or who ever get the picks then another pick the following year... seems a easy way to rebuild. London is not given anymore draft picks then anyone else and gain extra by trades like any other team can. Saying a team cant afford to do so is rubbish every team has equal amount of picks extras are gain through trades If your team drafts poorly or its rebuild plans dont work that's on the organization not any other team
You clearly have not a clue how a draft works with agents and the games that are played and you’re not listening to the issues people are bringing up

Hockey Stick

Jan 3, 2018
Had the great displeasure of watching the full on ass beating live tonight, London played solid but that was a tale of weak goals from Jones and a constant rolling puck that the Petes just couldn't seem to contain. That Formenton guy is on a whole new level than the rest of the league. McNamara played a real hell of a game, and Chisolm was his usually solid self, but other than that there was nobody who seemed noticable... with the exception of a couple big Cole Fraser hits.

It might be an unpopular opinion, but it boggles my mind that Osmanski was kept... he has looked lost at every single point that I've seen him this year... he couldn't make a play if he was wide open tonight, and was responsible for the vast majority of the goals against tonight.

On top of all of that though, holy what a building and what a group of fans the Knights have... I can see why young players can be so persuaded so go play for them

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
You clearly have not a clue how a draft works with agents and the games that are played and you’re not listening to the issues people are bringing up
I always enjoy your posts MoW1;
If I remember correctly weren't the Petes of the 1970s like the current Knights...the organization with all the advantages? Except back then the Petes were pretty much the "junior farm team" of the Habs. As a Habs fan growing up, I didn't mind. Just think of the Knights as the "farm team" of the NHL.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london

Didnt the Petes just draft a player that was "committed" to go the US college route? And/or wouldnt report to Peterborough. I guess they could afford to do it ;)
And made out quite well. And the the player didnt go to London.

"The price did not come cheap for the Spitfires. Windsor sent Kingston’s second-round pick in 2019, Barrie’s second-round pick in 2022 and a conditional second-round pick in 2024, which the Spitfires acquired from Kitchener, along with Kingston’s third-round pick in 2020, Windsor third-round pick in 2021 and 2023 and the Spitfires’ fifth-round pick in 2020.
“Cuylle is a big-time player,” said Mark Seidel, who is director of scouting for North American Central Scouting. “He has huge pro potential, with a pro shot and the size to become a dominant player in the OHL and ultimately the NHL.”
Should Windsor acquire a second-round pick in 2020 or 2021, that selection will be sent to Peterbrough and replace Kitchener’s pick in 2024. As well, Peterborough will receive a first-round pick in 2019 and a second-round pick in 2019 from the OHL as compensation for Cuylle not reporting."
Nice return. Good gamble.
Instead of crying, why not use the rules to your advantage?

Last edited:

Gloverone2020

Oct 2, 2018
Win what? They were 4th i believe last year in division and Hamilton won it.. think.your in year out is kinda far fetched

viewfromabove

Nov 29, 2017
Had the great displeasure of watching the full on ass beating live tonight, London played solid but that was a tale of weak goals from Jones and a constant rolling puck that the Petes just couldn't seem to contain. That Formenton guy is on a whole new level than the rest of the league. McNamara played a real hell of a game, and Chisolm was his usually solid self, but other than that there was nobody who seemed noticable... with the exception of a couple big Cole Fraser hits.

It might be an unpopular opinion, but it boggles my mind that Osmanski was kept... he has looked lost at every single point that I've seen him this year... he couldn't make a play if he was wide open tonight, and was responsible for the vast majority of the goals against tonight.

On top of all of that though, holy what a building and what a group of fans the Knights have... I can see why young players can be so persuaded so go play for them
I couldn’t agree more. But I think Ozmanksi’s troubles lately have been not playin with McNamara I thought they were playing great together. Poor JPJ looked really out of place last night which left Oz in deep crap. Tough to watch.

MoWanchuk1

Feb 18, 2017
I always enjoy your posts MoW1;
If I remember correctly weren't the Petes of the 1970s like the current Knights...the organization with all the advantages? Except back then the Petes were pretty much the "junior farm team" of the Habs. As a Habs fan growing up, I didn't mind. Just think of the Knights as the "farm team" of the NHL.
Haha not quite but whole different era back then agents didn’t play games like they do today....my beef is not with LK at all it’s woth agents mostly and the league that could make rules to make it harder for them to dictate draft locations.....at this point it pretty much is that!!

Reactions: aresknights
Haha not quite but whole different era back then agents didn’t play games like they do today....my beef is not with LK at all it’s woth agents mostly and the league that could make rules to make it harder for them to dictate draft locations.....at this point it pretty much is that!!
I don't know...perhaps if your resume is as extensive as you claim, a better sounding board would be making the claims you make without being behind the cloak of anonymity. Either you're bitter, or you're just blowing smoke up everyone's ass. Because nobody is going to take you seriously here, unless they're sheeple

MoWanchuk1

Feb 18, 2017
I don't know...perhaps if your resume is as extensive as you claim, a better sounding board would be making the claims you make without being behind the cloak of anonymity. Either you're bitter, or you're just blowing smoke up everyone's ass. Because nobody is going to take you seriously here, unless they're sheeple
Sure

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
I couldn’t agree more. But I think Ozmanksi’s troubles lately have been not playin with McNamara I thought they were playing great together. Poor JPJ looked really out of place last night which left Oz in deep crap. Tough to watch.
I’m hoping by acquiring a solid Dman, it will sort things out for all of the D. If the Petes could acquire Kade Landry from Hamilton, the pairings could be
Chisholm-Fraser
Osmanski-McNamara
Landry-JPJ

3 LH shots and 3RH shots
JPJ needs someone with experience AND mobility to play with
Chisholm and Landry could each play the point on one of the PP units

MoWanchuk1

Feb 18, 2017
I’m hoping by acquiring a solid Dman, it will sort things out for all of the D. If the Petes could acquire Kade Landry from Hamilton, the pairings could be
Chisholm-Fraser
Osmanski-McNamara
Landry-JPJ

3 LH shots and 3RH shots
Good call solid dman

Petes1

Oct 26, 2002
If they're looking to improve the team defensively, is Landry a guy they should be going after?

viewfromabove

Nov 29, 2017
Chisholm-Fraser
Osmanski-McNamara
Landry-JPJ

3 LH shots and 3RH shots
They could have had Wainman for free. Not sure why they would pass up on a local player that could help their back end.

OHLEYE

Oct 17, 2006
It's also impossible to win a game without scoring a goal.

The Russians should never be on the ice at the same time.

viewfromabove

Nov 29, 2017
Lmao. Well it’s the start of the second period in Sarnia and we’ve now given up 14 goals in our last 3 games. Can we please go back to our top 4 d? This is ridiculous.
Can JPJ reinvent himself in another position? Wow. This is getting embarrassing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->