Peterborough Petes 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snipes 29

Dec 1, 2013
Hasn't shown much yet. Maybe there was too much hype. He's not usually noticeable out there. Seems to avoid contact. I think he'll be an okay OHL player in time. He just needs to adjust. I think the hype about his signing made us think he'd come in and score 25-30 goals as a rookie. No clue about NHL prospects. Hopefully he can pick it up as the season continues.
agree the hype on these players coming in is ridiculous every single year thanks to examiner sports writers over value assessment of fore seen talent?

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
I think if Oke is in contact with Kingston at this point, he will be looking at Brahaney or Paquette. Supryka and picks for one of those two guys seems like a possibility. Robertson won't be moved until the deadline so that 1st round 02's are available in deals.

Kingston just picked up Lucas Rowe from Flint for a 12th round pick..........he is the player that told the Petes not to draft him in the first round in 2017 at #16 so that London could take him at #18........could be karma at work here?!

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018
Kingston just picked up Lucas Rowe from Flint for a 12th round pick..........he is the player that told the Petes not to draft him in the first round in 2017 at #16 so that London could take him at #18........could be karma at work here?!

If "karma" is Latin for "really shitty attitude, so bad that even Flint doesn't want him" then yeah, has to be karma there

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
agree the hype on these players coming in is ridiculous every single year thanks to examiner sports writers over value assessment of fore seen talent?
I'm pretty sure the 'hype' on Kirk was based on him being drafted by the Arizona Coyotes (you know, NHL scouts and General Managers) but I love that you think local Peterborough sports writers have that much clout.

Last edited:

Snipes 29

Dec 1, 2013
I'm pretty sure the 'hype' on Kirk was based on him being drafted by the Arizona Coyotes (you know, NHL scouts and General Managers) but I love that you think local Peterborough sports writers have that much clout.
its not that they have that much clout at all ? its the fact every single draft they build the player up so that the fan base thinks he the next coming of Mr. Hockey??? And NHL scouts make mistakes also, im not saying Kirk is a mistake, but the examiners articles had us all believing he was a star ? Agood player is not a star player.

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018
its not that they have that much clout at all ? its the fact every single draft they build the player up so that the fan base thinks he the next coming of Mr. Hockey??? And NHL scouts make mistakes also, im not saying Kirk is a mistake, but the examiners articles had us all believing he was a star ? Agood player is not a star player.

when Bobby Dow came over, they made it sound like he was going to be the league MVP, then a year later he gets cut from the entire league lol

Reactions: WillardJFredricks

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Big week ahead... we need our forwards to start putting the puck in the net. SDA, Gogolev, Timleck all have to step up.

Owen Sound plays this morning so we will catch them on a back to back...

I imagine Jones starts against Owen Sound and London. Austin likely starts in Sarnia.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Big week ahead... we need our forwards to start putting the puck in the net. SDA, Gogolev, Timleck all have to step up.

Owen Sound plays this morning so we will catch them on a back to back...

I imagine Jones starts against Owen Sound and London. Austin likely starts in Sarnia.
Owen Sound plays tonight at 7.

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
when Bobby Dow came over, they made it sound like he was going to be the league MVP, then a year later he gets cut from the entire league lol
This is the article from when Dow signed with the Petes - Kemptville 73's forward Bobby Dow signs to play with Peterborough Petes for upcoming season

Here are all the articles from that time - Search result for bobby dow | ThePeterboroughExaminer.com

I honestly have no idea what hype you're talking about and it sure doesn't exist in those articles, if Dow was hyped among Petes fans, I think it was mostly among the ones on this message board...

Petesfan8

Dec 18, 2017

Mike Davies, the Examiner sports editor does a very good job of covering the Petes and has done so for many years. He reports the facts that he gets on any player including Kirk but I dont recall an article or articles making Kirk sound like a savior. This message board had some glowing reports on this player.

Diaero

Nov 29, 2016
So I was looking up some Ex-Petes from the 2015/2016/2017 seasons just to see where they are now and how they're performing after graduating from the Petes program. Things aren't really looking all that good. Outside Nick Ritchie, who is the last Peterborough Pete to play an NHL game?

Eric Cornel - Rochester Americans (AHL) / 2G, 2A 14GP
Jonathan Ang - Springfield Thunderbirds (AHL) / 1G, 2A 13GP
Dominik Masin - Syracuse Crunch (AHL) / 0G, 2A 12GP
Matthew Spencer - Orlando Solarbears (ECHL) / 0G, 1A 2GP
Steven Lorentz - Florida Everblades (ECHL) / 4G, 7A 10GP
Hunter Garlent - St Marys University (USports) / 5G, 11A 15GP
Greg Betzold - Kansas City Mavericks (ECHL) / 4G, 0A, 11GP
Kyle Jenkins - Wilfred Laurier University (USports) 0G, 3A 4GP
Brandon Prophet - Queen's University (USports) / 1G, 4A 15GP
Matthew Mancina - University of PEI (USports) / 2GP, 10.50GAA, .781S%
Dylan Wells - Wichita Thunder (ECHL) / 5GP, 4.18GAA, .874S%
Cameron Lizotte - Retired from hockey, still creating his own fashion line

Zebra

Feb 12, 2017
So I was looking up some Ex-Petes from the 2015/2016/2017 seasons just to see where they are now and how they're performing after graduating from the Petes program. Things aren't really looking all that good. Outside Nick Ritchie, who is the last Peterborough Pete to play an NHL game?

Eric Cornel - Rochester Americans (AHL) / 2G, 2A 14GP
Jonathan Ang - Springfield Thunderbirds (AHL) / 1G, 2A 13GP
Dominik Masin - Syracuse Crunch (AHL) / 0G, 2A 12GP
Matthew Spencer - Orlando Solarbears (ECHL) / 0G, 1A 2GP
Steven Lorentz - Florida Everblades (ECHL) / 4G, 7A 10GP
Hunter Garlent - St Marys University (USports) / 5G, 11A 15GP
Greg Betzold - Kansas City Mavericks (ECHL) / 4G, 0A, 11GP
Kyle Jenkins - Wilfred Laurier University (USports) 0G, 3A 4GP
Brandon Prophet - Queen's University (USports) / 1G, 4A 15GP
Matthew Mancina - University of PEI (USports) / 2GP, 10.50GAA, .781S%
Dylan Wells - Wichita Thunder (ECHL) / 5GP, 4.18GAA, .874S%
Cameron Lizotte - Retired from hockey, still creating his own fashion line

I think it looks pretty "good". The boys aren't playing in the NHL but couldn't we consider it positive that they are all playing or designing?

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
Don’t think Beraldo is playing tonight.....he doesn’t seem to be happy on the third pairing......might be trade bait for Oke

Reactions: Petes

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Where is Mowanchuchuck? Thought he was a Petes fan? I think he is a closet Knights fan

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
I’m hoping for Landry instead of Nurse, but either way Spearing was decent tonight which was promising to see

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
Nice article in the examiner tonight NV
Timleck with the hat trick tonight....I wish you had written that article weeks ago!

PuckTalk1122

Sep 3, 2013
I never expected to see numbers like that from Wells in that league.

What made you think you'd see better numbers from him? Other than one good season, he was never dominant in the OHL. He definately has high projectibility, but hasn't realized it any level yet.

WillardJFredricks

May 7, 2004
Nice to see Timleck with a big game. Hopefully he can continue his hot streak and it will also rub off on some of the other forwards.

Diaero

Nov 29, 2016
Saw Robertson sporting the wrist cast again, anyone know when that happened / a timeline for return?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad