Peterborough Petes 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diaero

Nov 29, 2016
Game day experience is a little better than last year. The Firehouse Subs 2 minute challenge thing is kind of cool, and it's funny watching section 7 try to arrange the "We <3 Petes" board or whatever it is, but I swear to God if I have to watch another little kid guess whether Rob Wilson likes mustard or pickles on his burger next, I'm gonna lose it.

Was wondering if anyone knew what the QPR code scanner is for on the Petes Reward App? My buddy from Barrie said that the beer cups at Colts games have QPR codes to scan so you get points when buying beer, is there any game day QPR codes for Petes games?

Petesfan8

Dec 18, 2017
They also lost their current season ticket sales guy from this season. He left the organization on Friday. Not a good sign.

I think there's a lot of pessimism that the Petes have harbored over the Hull years. We've had like one winning season in the last ten years it feels like. That resonates with casual fans, they'll show up come post-season but the attendance needs to be earned with continued strong play this season.

Who was the individual that left on Friday?

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Sounds like Parker-Jones won’t play tonight but could go Saturday against Hamilton. Good news. They really need to find Spearing a Jr.A club.

Chisholm-Fraser
Osmanski-Parker-Jones
Beraldo-McNamara
Supryka
Spearing

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018
The Petes are about a quarter of the way through the regular season and I feel it's important to comment on one pleasant surprise........ Cole Fraser.

Is it maturity, the new coach, the added responsibility and opportunity to be a leader? It's probably a combination of all these but he is a big reason for the Petes' solid start.

Last year at this point Fraser was -2 with 0 points and 30 pims........
This year he is +10 with 8 points and 16 pims

He seems to be playing a simpler game. He is still physical without heading to the sin bin all of the time........he is great on the PK.
I like that he is paired with Chisholm. I hope that he keeps up his solid play.

You jinxed it... 2 dumb penalties through 2 periods tonight and both times the petes get scored on (2nd one was a couple seconds after he got out of the box but before he could get back into the play). And even broke his stick in the box for good measure after the charging one lol

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
You jinxed it... 2 dumb penalties through 2 periods tonight and both times the petes get scored on (2nd one was a couple seconds after he got out of the box but before he could get back into the play). And even broke his stick in the box for good measure after the charging one lol

I wondered where the real Cole Fraser was........I'll just sit in the corner and shut up now....

Reactions: Zebra

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018
Just seen on twitter that Semyon Der-Arguchintsev is currently tied for 221st in the OHL in goals after 17 games...

what the %#$&

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
Can't really say too much about this game. Jones wasn't at his best, Chisholm wants that shot back on the PP that led to a goal the other way, Fraser took too many penalties... despite all that, the Petes carried the play most of the game, outshot them 2-1 and easily could have won. And the reasons they didn't are the reasons they've won a number of games this year, so :dunno:

Reactions: WillardJFredricks

WillardJFredricks

May 7, 2004
Just seen on twitter that Semyon Der-Arguchintsev is currently tied for 221st in the OHL in goals after 17 games...

what the %#$&

He's been pretty bad. 1 goal. Might need a wake up call. I guess you can't bench players like him anymore, but sitting out a couple games might be what he needs.

MoWanchuk1

Feb 18, 2017
Shots 43-25 PP 2/4 .....2 dumb pims led to 2 goals against by 2, empty netter and richardson made some beauty saves was the diff...it’s a loss but I liked what i saw 5on5 and the PP clicked..let’s hope 2 just couldn’t hold it any longer and got it out of his system for another 15 games!

Diaero

Nov 29, 2016
We win that game 9 times out of 10 so I'm not too upset with the result. We controlled play, we had some unreal chances, especially in the third that looked like sure goals that were robbed.

Need to see more from SDA as mentioned, but Timleck is the player that I want to see really get going. He doesn't look like an overager out there, he's a passenger on most nights when he should be driving the play.

One thing that became apparent after last night was our need for a puck moving defenseman. We ran a PP that had five forwards because Chisholm needed a rest. If Declan isn't on the ice, we don't have a reliable defenseman that can lead a rush or fast-break it out of our end and QB the PP.

Kitchener's powerplay was deadly looking, that's how ours should be clicking. Quick passes opening up lanes and shots.

viewfromabove

Nov 29, 2017
We win that game 9 times out of 10 so I'm not too upset with the result. We controlled play, we had some unreal chances, especially in the third that looked like sure goals that were robbed.

Need to see more from SDA as mentioned, but Timleck is the player that I want to see really get going. He doesn't look like an overager out there, he's a passenger on most nights when he should be driving the play.

One thing that became apparent after last night was our need for a puck moving defenseman. We ran a PP that had five forwards because Chisholm needed a rest. If Declan isn't on the ice, we don't have a reliable defenseman that can lead a rush or fast-break it out of our end and QB the PP.

Kitchener's powerplay was deadly looking, that's how ours should be clicking. Quick passes opening up lanes and shots.
The petes have run a five forward power play for almost 3 years. Matt Spencer who was what, a third or fourth pick overall didn’t even play on the power play. It’s not lack of luck moving dman it’s a strategy a lot of coaches try. When it kills you is when the 5 are left on the ice like last night and get scored on even strength. Kitchener is in a rebuild and moves the puck as well as any team I’ve seen so far.

WillardJFredricks

May 7, 2004

It would be nice to see Timleck play better, but, really, this is what I expected out of him. He hasn't really shown much in his years here. Best case is a borderline 2nd line winger, based on what he's done so far in his career.

Maroonlady

Sep 20, 2017

Timleck is still injured, SDA needs a kick in the butt , he has been under performing and moving like a turtle as well as not shooting and holding the puck for too long so the other team out muscles him. And he shouldn’t be on the Timleck Robertson line I like them with Cermack.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
As it stands today, Petes would pick 5th, 14th and 22nd overall in the upcoming OHL draft. Exciting times.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
As it stands today, Petes would pick 5th, 14th and 22nd overall in the upcoming OHL draft. Exciting times.

And, NB 2nd, comp 2nd, 3,4,5..go get the other Robertson; then, it’s exciting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad