Peterborough Petes 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zebra

Feb 12, 2017
Merkley has been pretty good on the bench. No tantrums , swearings or carrying on poorly. The classless antics seem to be in the past.

He is seems like a different kid .

Maybe throwing the glove at a referee (allegedly) and being traded was a "come to Jeusus" moment for him and he has seen the error of his ways.

In any event I have an appreciation for his changed behaviour.

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018
Merkley has been pretty good on the bench. No tantrums , swearings or carrying on poorly. The classless antics seem to be in the past.

He is seems like a different kid .

Maybe throwing the glove at a referee (allegedly) and being traded was a "come to Jeusus" moment for him and he has seen the error of his ways.

In any event I have an appreciation for his changed behaviour.

He got a penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct-verbal abuse of an official 3 games ago.... He has 3 "USC-abuse of official" penalties in his last 7 games.

You're really going to say he looks like a different kid and "the classless antics are in the past" because he went 2 games without an abuse of official penalty? Lol c'mon man

I hope he figures it out as much as anyone, he's by far the most important part of our team going into next year, but going 2 games without verbally abusing a ref isn't quite the bar we should be setting as an achievement

Diaero

Nov 29, 2016
They sent me a signed SDA photo in my season ticket renewal package which is kind of funny since I rag on him more than anyone on the team. Still pretty cool though, I'll be renewing for next year.

The Ottawa game, and a lot of games recently have had a ton of energy because of the amount of fans/kids in the stands. Whoever is getting the hockey teams in is doing a fantastic job cause those little shits bring a ton of energy. They almost got the wave going the other game.

Reactions: Petes

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
They sent me a signed SDA photo in my season ticket renewal package which is kind of funny since I rag on him more than anyone on the team. Still pretty cool though, I'll be renewing for next year.

The Ottawa game, and a lot of games recently have had a ton of energy because of the amount of fans/kids in the stands. Whoever is getting the hockey teams in is doing a fantastic job cause those little ****s bring a ton of energy. They almost got the wave going the other game.
I heard a pretty good Go Petes Go chant. You guys should have won.

WillardJFredricks

May 7, 2004

The Ottawa game, and a lot of games recently have had a ton of energy because of the amount of fans/kids in the stands. Whoever is getting the hockey teams in is doing a fantastic job cause those little ****s bring a ton of energy. They almost got the wave going the other game.

So glad I didn't get SDA. I got Paquette. I'm renewing, too.

Reactions: MCur19

Hockey Stick

Jan 3, 2018
Wow another game they battle back to get at least a point. It's obviously a lesser team tonight but a comeback is a comeback

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Offensively, Merkley was fantastic tonight. He single handedly created two goals.

As he should be doing every night. He was drafted in the 1st round as a D-man because of his offensive talent. That's rare

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
I love the way that the Petes are preparing themselves for the playoffs by keeping all of the games close.......whether they are playing Ottawa or Kingston.....:laugh:
The Petes should be happy with the result - 3 points this weekend - even though it wasn’t pretty.
IMO, the Petes best players are all back next year....Robertson, Kirk, Merkley, Chisholm, Jones....and they will all be a year older.

I like Fraser and Gallant as two OAs next year. I’m kind of hoping the Petes can target Kaliyev from HAM as a sniper and then a solid OA Dman. I know that it will cost them one of their two 1st round picks this April, but the Petes are in a great position with the 5th pick and the 7th - 13th pick as well.

I have high hopes for players like Cermak, Butler and Spearing to take big steps forward as well.

I know it has been a struggle lately but I’m optimistic that they are heading in the right direction. My hope is, at the very least, a hard fought Round 1 loss of 6 games.
I still think that, if the stars align, they could upset one of the top 4 teams.

Should be lots of jockeying for position over the last quarter of the season.

Reactions: dirty12

Petesfan8

Dec 18, 2017
Offensively, Merkley was fantastic tonight. He single handedly created two goals.

Merkley has been a positive addition to the team especially on the power play, a bit of a gamble defensively but we knew that going in. Gallant is also a difference maker in all aspects of the game. A big body who plays well in both ends of the ice. This is a much better team with him in the lineup.

OHLEYE

Oct 17, 2006
Quick stat of the day: Paquette, Denault, Osmanski and Cermak have played in all 52 games for the Petes this season. A coincidence that they're not shy about going in and out of traffic?

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
Quick stat of the day: Paquette, Denault, Osmanski and Cermak have played in all 52 games for the Petes this season. A coincidence that they're not shy about going in and out of traffic?
Yes?

Is your argument that guys who initiate more contact get injured less or...?

OHLEYE

Oct 17, 2006
Yes?

Is your argument that guys who initiate more contact get injured less or...?

Nope, just a question regarding the four players I mentioned. There are several factors that lead to missed games. I don't know if it's a coincidence that those four haven't missed a game. I think players who are stronger on their skates and or not afraid to go into the danger areas are probably tougher physically and mentally. It's obviously not 100% for every player who holds those skill sets. An injury can happen at any time, especially with physical players, but some are probably better at protecting their body. I wouldn't say Paquette and Cermak initiate heavy contact, but Osmanski and Denault do. Gallant initiates contact, but he seems really weak on his skates.

I'm not sure it's a coincidence that SDA and Hinz played 68 games last season and haven't missed many this year. For different reasons than the four players originally mentioned.

Reactions: NorthernVoice

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
Busy schedule coming up
Wednesday in Oshawa
Thursday vs Barrie
Saturday in Hamilton
Monday vs Niagara 2pm family day

I’m hoping for 5 points

Reactions: Ptbomillsy619

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Big one tonight, if there was ever a good time to beat Oshawa...

No TV coverage tonight. Rogers TV has committed to showing ... bingo .... :laugh:

Edit: scratch that. Looks like Rogers TV is pulling back on OHL hockey all together.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad