Peterborough Petes 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

viewfromabove

Nov 29, 2017
Just added an assist for them in the first period vs Oshawa.
Not sure why the petes gave up on him or Beraldo. Osmanski is done this year. Fraser has one year left That leaves Chisholm McNamara Parker Jones and Merkley who are all 2000’s. Spearing is the only signed D-man we have after that. And if scoring is what we truly need and will I assume be drafting for. Who will be playing defence in this team 3 years from now? Even 2 years out? Why we didn’t unload overages at the deadline again (2 years in a row) for assets that could help in the future is strange to me. If they truly consider this team is going to be the one tht goes for it next year why let 6 players that have incredible trade value just walk away and get nothing in return? I get not trading Denoble but the other 5. I’m sure someone would have done a deal.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Petes lose their second(?) best prospect to NCAA. Michael Suda commits to Cornell U.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Decent first period. Cermak and Butler are going to be beauties.

Let’s hope they keep Kirk-Gally-SDA together, really like the looks of that line.

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
Not sure why the petes gave up on him or Beraldo. Osmanski is done this year. Fraser has one year left That leaves Chisholm McNamara Parker Jones and Merkley who are all 2000’s. Spearing is the only signed D-man we have after that. And if scoring is what we truly need and will I assume be drafting for. Who will be playing defence in this team 3 years from now?
I don't disagree with your points but you're asking Beraldo and Supryka to be the 6/7 guys this year and then hoping for the best next year.

The writing was on the wall for Supryka when the new coaches chose to convert Parker-Jones to defense and play him ahead of Supryka.

I've never been sold that McNamara is a better dman than Beraldo either but Petes fans love the idea of local guys on the roster and I think that goes (way too far) a long way.

WillardJFredricks

May 7, 2004
Has anyone been impressed by Ottawa in any of their games against Peterborough? I realize head to head games are a bad sample to go against but I think I'd rather face this team in round one than Oshawa. And whenever they meet, the Gens should own the 67s.

Completely agree. They don't look all that special. I know people can say that DiPietro wasn't in net tonight, but Andree has better numbers. I think Generals vs. Petes would be a shorter series than 67's-Petes. I'm curious to see Niagara. They come in Family Day. But I'd fear Oshawa more than Ottawa based on what I've seen of these teams head to head. Ottawa sure seems to get rattled easily, too.

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
Ottawa has been pretty good lately 9 and 0. They beat Oshawa twice, Niagara, Guelph, Saginaw during this stretch. Some nights not everybody shows up and tonight was not one of their better games, can happen to anyone.

Reactions: three dog night

Ptbomillsy619

Dec 17, 2017
I think last weeks ass kicking might have lit a fire under there asses. Very solid game jones probly wabts the second goal back but that happens he looked to form again tonight let’s come get two points down in Kingston tmrw

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Has anyone been impressed by Ottawa in any of their games against Peterborough? I realize head to head games are a bad sample to go against but I think I'd rather face this team in round one than Oshawa. And whenever they meet, the Gens should own the 67s.
Ottawa looked like shite tonight but the Petes played well and deserved two points. Watching them tonight it looks to me like they’ve underachieved. Several good players. What do you guys think?

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Completely agree. They don't look all that special. I know people can say that DiPietro wasn't in net tonight, but Andree has better numbers. I think Generals vs. Petes would be a shorter series than 67's-Petes. I'm curious to see Niagara. They come in Family Day. But I'd fear Oshawa more than Ottawa based on what I've seen of these teams head to head. Ottawa sure seems to get rattled easily, too.
I agree with what you’re saying Ottawa just did not look like an elite team tonight. Also forget Dipietro it was Andree that kept this one close. One thing I’ll say though is don’t forget Ottawa’s been pretty far ahead for some time now and possibly are finding it hard to get as up for games, especially against the lower seeds. Just a thought but full marks to the Petes. Why don’t they bring that game against Oshawa? Might well be a different story. Hopefully they’re sick of losing against them.

Reactions: Bag Headed Hab Fan

Hockey Stick

Jan 3, 2018
I agree with what you’re saying Ottawa just did not look like an elite team tonight. Also forget Dipietro it was Andree that kept this one close. One thing I’ll say though is don’t forget Ottawa’s been pretty far ahead for some time now and possibly are finding it hard to get as up for games, especially against the lower seeds. Just a thought but full marks to the Petes. Why don’t they bring that game against Oshawa? Might well be a different story. Hopefully they’re sick of losing against them.
I can understand your point about them being so far ahead, but they've seemed to have trouble with the Petes all year. I think they've played 4 games and only in the 3rd game did Ottawa look remotely like themselves... it's all about matchups come this time of the year!

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
I can understand your point about them being so far ahead, but they've seemed to have trouble with the Petes all year. I think they've played 4 games and only in the 3rd game did Ottawa look remotely like themselves... it's all about matchups come this time of the year!
67s had 3 fairly important pieces missing, Dipietro, Chemelevski and Peric a good solid young defenseman. The 1st. line had a bad game, 2nd. line non existent without Chemelevski and the 3rd. line did aĺl the damage.

Also some teams do match up better against others, Ottawa will be fine in a playoff matchup. Like was said previously it is difficult when being in front all this time without no real push from others.

Last edited:

ptbopete

Oct 4, 2009
Peterborough, ON
SDA, the master of coughing up the puck, struck again last night. He has a weak game even with lots of ice time , on the PP so why not put him out to take the shootout? (insert eye roll) Is Wilson trying to get him going maybe? Geesh.

viewfromabove

Nov 29, 2017
Ottawa has been pretty good lately 9 and 0. They beat Oshawa twice, Niagara, Guelph, Saginaw during this stretch. Some nights not everybody shows up and tonight was not one of their better games, can happen to anyone.
It was a total let down game for sure. They’ve beaten so many good teams recently I think they thought this one would have been easy. Let’s hope the petes don’t have that attitude tonight. Kingston has had our number lately. Better start fast and not give up. Hopefully the power play can get going. Brutal again last night.

WillardJFredricks

May 7, 2004
SDA, the master of coughing up the puck, struck again last night. He has a weak game even with lots of ice time , on the PP so why not put him out to take the shootout? (insert eye roll) Is Wilson trying to get him going maybe? Geesh.

He's been trying to get him going all season and it hasn't worked. -16 as well.

Petesfan8

Dec 18, 2017

My thoughts on last night's game. The Petes played a very good game against a very strong and deep Ottawa team. They can hold their heads high. Although they got a point I felt they deserved better. SDA looked better on the wing but he continued to cough up the puck. What I can't understand is having him out there in OT with many more talented and dependable guys on the bench. As well why was he chosen as one of the three shooters in the shootout? Chisholm did not see a shift in OT. That I don't understand. He has helped win several OT games for the Petes this season. The last thing this team needs is a guy like Chisholm asking to get out. Not good for team morale. Perhaps he was injured.

Reactions: ptbopete

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Haven’t heard any merkley hate In awhile 1G 4A -1 in last 3 games

I hope ppl are seeing the good in his game if we are going to have success next year he will be a big part in that
I didn’t realize the way Merkely can snipe. Could be a very dangerous weapon if he brings it like that.

Reactions: Ptbomillsy619

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
My thoughts on last night's game. The Petes played a very good game against a very strong and deep Ottawa team. They can hold their heads high. Although they got a point I felt they deserved better. SDA looked better on the wing but he continued to cough up the puck. What I can't understand is having him out there in OT with many more talented and dependable guys on the bench. As well why was he chosen as one of the three shooters in the shootout? Chisholm did not see a shift in OT. That I don't understand. He has helped win several OT games for the Petes this season. The last thing this team needs is a guy like Chisholm asking to get out. Not good for team morale. Perhaps he was injured.

Declan Chisholm played almost the entire final 3 minutes of the 3rd period and was out on the 3rd shift in overtime. Ryan Merkley got a double shift early in overtime. Then Chisholm got a shift. Merkley was out for the entire powerplay in overtime. He did not play in the final 3 minutes of the 3rd period. I doubt that Chisholm was upset about his ice time in overtime.

Last edited:

Petesfan8

Dec 18, 2017
Declan Chisholm played almost the entire final 3 minutes of the 3rd period and was out on the 3rd shift in overtime. Ryan Merkley got a double shift early in overtime. Then Chisholm got a shift. Merkley was out for the entire powerplay in overtime. He did not play in the final 3 minutes of the 3rd period. I doubt that Chisholm was upset about his ice time in overtime.
You are correct about Chisholm's one overtime shift. My mistake.

Reactions: NewStormFan

WillardJFredricks

May 7, 2004
Haven’t heard any merkley hate In awhile 1G 4A -1 in last 3 games

I hope ppl are seeing the good in his game if we are going to have success next year he will be a big part in that

He's been mostly good the past few games (last Friday in Oshawa not so much). As long as he isn't hurting the team with his selfishness, he's a good offensive player. No question.

Reactions: Zebra
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad