Peterborough Petes 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
Giddy up!
Great effort by all tonight....great job of stepping up with guys out and a short bench.
Finish strong against Sudbury, get 5th place and then rest up for the playoffs.
May want to make some popcorn and tune in to the Wolves vs Generals Sunday night because you’ll be facing the team that loses that game....

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
as for Fraser, what do you expect is going to happen when you come at him after a big hit with your hands and stick up.

Kody Clark vs. Cole Fraser, March 14, 2019 - Ottawa 67's vs. Peterborough Petes

there's the fight, :45 ish mark looks like they both toss gloves after Clark the "elite" player skates over to Cole and gets in his face. Maybe "elite" players shouldn't be getting in tough guys faces. Maybe "elite" players should play disciplined hockey and beat them on the scoreboard instead of instigating post-whistle scrums. Felhaber took an equally stupid penalty doing the same thing in the first period.
This whole fiasco started over a late hit on Rossi by Fraser and Clark was just sticking up for his mate. Look at the whole picture not from the Pete's eyes only view.

Rossi I would consider as an elite player especially as a rookie.

Anyways good luck to both teams come playoff time. No sure fire results during post-season, anything can happen.

Reactions: BarberPole9

Diaero

Nov 29, 2016
This whole fiasco started over a late hit on Rossi by Fraser and Clark was just sticking up for his mate. Look at the whole picture not from the Pete's eyes only view.

Rossi I would consider as an elite player especially as a rookie.

Anyways good luck to both teams come playoff time. No sure fire results during post-season, anything can happen.

The whole picture. Fraser is playing the body as the ref is blowing the whistle and contact happens regardless of when that whistle blows. How about we take it back a step and rookie Rossi is trying to go wide on Fraser close to the boards. Everyone in the league should know Fraser's MO. He's good at basically one thing and that's closing the gap and laying a check in that situation.

Clark came over and stuck up for his mate, which in hockey terms is instigating, which is why he was assessed an instigator penalty. Try to see the big picture and not just the 67's view. He instigated a scrum which turned into a fight and he was fed a few Fraser bombs for it. Clark wasn't jumped as you put it, he's Wendall Clark's kid. Do you really think he doesn't know what happens when you get in someone like Fraser's face?

Anyway, it's playoffs and I'd love to see these two teams meet up in the second round. On paper the 67's should steamroll anyone but we've seen how intimidated and rattled they get with some physical pushback. Undisciplined hockey will kill you in the post-season and that's still Ottawa's Achilles heel.

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
So, Petes control their destiny to an extent. Win tonight goes a long way towards meeting Sudbury rather than Oshawa in round one, though it still comes down to the Sudbury/Oshawa game tomorow night

Reactions: Bra Wavers

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018
Bahl is the most overrated player in a decade and Felhaber carries himself with the swagger of a first round NHL pick despite being an undrafted free agent signee. He somehow has twice the swagger and half the talent of Gabe Vilardi.

Semyon Der-Arguchintsev is a player that exists and people actually expected close to 100 points from this year before the season started..... he has 6 goals and 46 points in 62 games while getting top PP time the entire season. The “most overrated player” conversation starts and stops with SDA and it’s not even close

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Semyon Der-Arguchintsev is a player that exists and people actually expected close to 100 points from this year before the season started..... he has 6 goals and 46 points in 62 games while getting top PP time the entire season. The “most overrated player” conversation starts and stops with SDA and it’s not even close

Maybe leafs/petes fans vastly overrated SDA. He’s not a particularly big 18 yr old picked in the top half of the NHL’s first round. I’m sure he will show better next season like most 19 yr olds do.

Reactions: Ptbomillsy619

Petesfan8

Dec 18, 2017
Well that was a very lack lustre game End of 3in3 they battled hard first two no gas left tonight

Obviously Fraser hasn't learned a thing from his team suspension. It always starts with him giving the puck away which is often. Then he feels the need to tackle the player that he handed it to. He would be an asset if he could control himself but how long have we been saying that?

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018
Maybe leafs/petes fans vastly overrated SDA. He’s not a particularly big 18 yr old picked in the top half of the NHL’s first round. I’m sure he will show better next season like most 19 yr olds do.

Yeah getting signed by the Leafs so early looks like the worst thing that could've possibly happened to him. Put a bunch of pressure on him and he completely crumbled under it

But you're right, next year surely will be better. It couldn't possibly be worse. Gogolev played 29 games before being traded, Isaacson played 39 games before being traded and both guys scored more goals in a Petes jersey this year than SDA did in his 62 games...

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Funny though, I kind of found him dangerous every time he was on the ice. It seems like he’s close. I could see him breaking out.

Diaero

Nov 29, 2016
Well.

When you look at some of the goal amounts by the Oshawa forwards it seems a pretty daunting task to shut that down. They're probably scarier as a lineup than the 67's or Knights top to bottom. Our only advantage is Jones can go into lockdown mode and steal games. Also the rivalry can get heated and the emotions can get skilled players off their game, which is probably our only chance.

Got tickets for game one and two in Oshawa. Hopefully the beer is cheap cause I gotta feelin' I'm gonna need a few.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Detroit has signed two NCAA forwards in the past week or so... potentially good news for Gallant being sent back next season?

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Well.

When you look at some of the goal amounts by the Oshawa forwards it seems a pretty daunting task to shut that down. They're probably scarier as a lineup than the 67's or Knights top to bottom. Our only advantage is Jones can go into lockdown mode and steal games. Also the rivalry can get heated and the emotions can get skilled players off their game, which is probably our only chance.

Got tickets for game one and two in Oshawa. Hopefully the beer is cheap cause I gotta feelin' I'm gonna need a few.
:) Having been there I can tell you no the beer isn’t cheap.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Any beer at a hockey game that is worth drinking is never going to be cheap lol
Naw man not even a cheap option at least up here, not that I’m aware of anyway. I got pretty lit a couple seasons ago in Oshawa, both at the rink and at the pub near the arena. Don’t remember any cheaper options and it’s good that I stayed at La Quinta. Was able to crawl back in a haze. Man it was a rough drive home in the morning.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bag Headed Hab Fan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad