Peterborough Petes 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petes1

Oct 26, 2002
Lockhart put on quite the show tonight at the Petes minor midget tourny... grabbing him or Brett Harrison at 5 would be a nice get. The way things are trending currently we won’t have to wait long to announce our second selection in the first round....

More on the tournament: Ottawa Capitals win Steve Richey Tournament in Peterborough

"I've always loved playing in Peterborough since my dad played here for four years," said McTavish. "He's told me a lot of stories, some I probably shouldn't say. They won the championship one year and went to the Memorial Cup (in 1993) and lost in the final. He talks about that quite a bit."

Nice to see this considering he is expected to go very high. Whether it means anything or not, Dale played 3 years with Andrew Verner and a year with Dave Lorentz.

Reactions: Zebra

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
More on the tournament: Ottawa Capitals win Steve Richey Tournament in Peterborough

"I've always loved playing in Peterborough since my dad played here for four years," said McTavish. "He's told me a lot of stories, some I probably shouldn't say. They won the championship one year and went to the Memorial Cup (in 1993) and lost in the final. He talks about that quite a bit."

Nice to see this considering he is expected to go very high. Whether it means anything or not, Dale played 3 years with Andrew Verner and a year with Dave Lorentz.

I would be OK with this as well. If he’s fine with playing here and rated to go that high already... plus the family connection that makes the pick a slam dunk.

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
Dale Mctavish was a good player for the Petes.

Latest Central Scouting List:
Robertson #30 North American Skater
Jones #2 North American Goalie

Diaero

Nov 29, 2016
Jones' draft stock is probably going to take a hit with his recent play, but he's for sure one of the more talented goalies available in the NHL draft. I think if he falls to the 4th or 5th round, someone is going to get a steal. If he were managed the right way and wasn't driven into the ground, he'd probably be a late 2nd/early 3rd like Robertson will be.

I'd be great to see Cermak as a late round flier too, I think next season he's going to be a really important player for the Petes.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Jones' draft stock is probably going to take a hit with his recent play, but he's for sure one of the more talented goalies available in the NHL draft. I think if he falls to the 4th or 5th round, someone is going to get a steal. If he were managed the right way and wasn't driven into the ground, he'd probably be a late 2nd/early 3rd like Robertson will be.

I'd be great to see Cermak as a late round flier too, I think next season he's going to be a really important player for the Petes.

I just had this conversation with someone on twitter... do the Petes bring Cermak back or do they swing for the fences for a top euro import in an “all in” season?

I think they bring him back but the argument could be made either way... Wilson’s connections make things interesting.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
I just had this conversation with someone on twitter... do the Petes bring Cermak back or do they swing for the fences for a top euro import in an “all in” season?

I think they bring him back but the argument could be made either way... Wilson’s connections make things interesting.

Don't tell @NorthernVoice who the conversation was with... lol

Petes1

Oct 26, 2002

If they had a top 10 pick, I could see the argument for releasing/trading him, but not where they sit now.

Cermak could end up being a 4 year player for the Petes being one of two '01 born players on the roster. Over his last 22 games, he has 17 points which is a 52 point pace for a 17 year old.

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
If Cermak could improve his acceleration, he could be really dangerous. He has good hands and is willing to go in tough areas but he doesn't have the best speed.

Reactions: Petes

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Lol he thinks the Gens are gonna get Kakko next year? :laugh:

Oh no, if I had’ve said that I deserve to be ripped. But no, Matt’s making fun of me (or trying to) because Gens drafted Eeli tolvanen and it was announced he didn’t get into Boston College and NSH wanted him in North America playing so gens fans were excited thinking he might end up in Oshawa and what the potential lines could look like. He has so little ammunition against me that he resorts to “remember that time you were excited you drafted a first rounder in the import draft?”..... its a sad state of affairs

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018
Oh no, if I had’ve said that I deserve to be ripped. But no, Matt’s making fun of me (or trying to) because Gens drafted Eeli tolvanen and it was announced he didn’t get into Boston College and NSH wanted him in North America playing so gens fans were excited thinking he might end up in Oshawa and what the potential lines could look like. He has so little ammunition against me that he resorts to “remember that time you were excited you drafted a first rounder in the import draft?”..... its a sad state of affairs
Oh wtf lmao

Well anyways, f*** the Gens ;)

Reactions: Generalsupdates

Ptbomillsy619

Dec 17, 2017
Looking ahead to the off season who are some guys the petes should go for or do we just go with what we got till deadline? I think we should jump on akil Thomas niagara will need you recouop assets I think you’d get him in the off season for same price if not cheaper then deadline get him for the whole season

Hockey Stick

Jan 3, 2018
Looking ahead to the off season who are some guys the petes should go for or do we just go with what we got till deadline? I think we should jump on akil Thomas niagara will need you recouop assets I think you’d get him in the off season for same price if not cheaper then deadline get him for the whole season
Thomas is friggin awesome, that would be huge

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018

Thomas will be one of the top guys available. Niagara won’t move him in the off-season. They keep him for as long as they can and try to drive up the price by a bidding war

Reactions: three dog night

Ptbomillsy619

Dec 17, 2017
Thomas will be one of the top guys available. Niagara won’t move him in the off-season. They keep him for as long as they can and try to drive up the price by a bidding war

I agree he’s just a player that stands out to me we should go for next year in an all in year We need to be smart in our moves we also need to let the 1st rnd picks play to showcase them before we trade them

Diaero

Nov 29, 2016
If Gallant doesn't return we're pretty weak up the middle.

I'd love to see the 5th overall pick used on a defenseman, and then the later pick on a center. Wilson has shown he will play the rookies, as Spearing, Cermak and Butler all are big contributors to our squad this season. Add two first round picks and likely a 2nd into the lineup next year, we're going to have rookies and second year players playing important roles no matter how trades shake out. It's a real important offseason for Oke, as the draft could set us up for next year and provide a strong frame for another run two or three seasons from now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad