Speculation: Peter Horachek

Erick*

At this pace, Horachek won't be back. It's too bad really because it's not his fault. Oh well.

SeasonTicket

Sep 5, 2006
PH took the job knowing what he had to work with.

Losing seasons didn't stop PD from landing another job.

KD making a nice run with Hockey Canada. Now named Coach of Canada's U18 team.

I would keep PH as an assistant, doubt he'd take it though, but as a Head Coach no.

zeroG

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA
At this pace, Horachek won't be back. It's too bad really because it's not his fault. Oh well.

forget about the results oriented stuff. i hoped for a better trip but the results of the last few games weren't unexpected. horachek won't be judged by how this group faired against those teams, especially not in terms of Ws and Ls. losing 3 straight to anaheim, the kings and coyotes at this time of year with this roster isn't a death sentence. unless we continue to spiral down and start failing to show up (that hasn't happened), i still think he'll be retained.

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida
From GR:
Horachek, who took over the Panthers in November, is expected to seek a three-year deal from the Panthers once the season is complete although Tallon and Florida's management team could go a different direction there as well.
Tallon said a decision on Horachek's future could come as late as May after he, Vinnie Viola and new CEO Rory Babich analyze the franchise.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/flap...=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed#storylink=cpy

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2006
I would be surprised if an ownership group that is looking to make a splash would want to commit to three years of someone who has proven nothing.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
Contract terms are largely irrelavent when it comes to coaches because they can be fired at any time. Torts signed a 5 year deal and he'll never see the end of it.

SeasonTicket

Sep 5, 2006
Contract terms are largely irrelavent when it comes to coaches because they can be fired at any time. Torts signed a 5 year deal and he'll never see the end of it.

Yes but most coaches move on to another team and once they sign it cancels the contract.

With PH I don't think he'd find another HC position. Maybe AC.

EnforceTheLaus

Nov 3, 2013
Look at how much Couts and JVR developed when they were free of Laviolette.

Don't want him near the kids, plus he can run a d system worth a damn.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
i wanted laviolette back when carolina let him go, was upset when philly picked him up.

HC: Laviolette
AC-Skrudland
AC-Jovanovski

give me that as a coaching staff next season. but still curious as to what else is out there. would love skruds and jovo as the assistants next year.

panthersfan94

#CatsAreComing
Jan 23, 2014
Nashville, TN
What about maturity and professionalism?

I guess its just a matter of preference, I'd prefer a coach who is passionate and will get his team fired up as well as do anything to support his team, like Patrick Roy does for Colorado.

I'd guess you'd prefer someone like Horachek who has to read his "keys for the game" off of a note-sheet, but who is mature and professional and won't be in any headlines.

zeroG

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA
I would be surprised if an ownership group that is looking to make a splash would want to commit to three years of someone who has proven nothing.

i hope for the franchise's sake, tallon make's a splash by changing things on the ice. we'll have to wait and see but my bet is that horachek will get the job done if you give him the horses and some time to set things up. i think he could be our trotz, ruff or tippett - the below-the-radar type coach who get the most out of his smaller market roster year after year after year.

"proven winners" mean nothing to me. there is absolutely no guarantee of anything by bringing in someone who's won elsewhere. we are just as likely to have long-term success with a solid coach who's proven nothing.

LUUUUUIS

Nov 2, 2011
Florida
I guess its just a matter of preference, I'd prefer a coach who is passionate and will get his team fired up as well as do anything to support his team, like Patrick Roy does for Colorado.

I'd guess you'd prefer someone like Horachek who has to read his "keys for the game" off of a note-sheet, but who is mature and professional and won't be in any headlines.

I like those things too. I just don't confuse them with acting like a fool. Like you said though, it's a matter of preference.

EnforceTheLaus

Nov 3, 2013

Really don't care if a coach jumps up and down and throws palm trees on the ice. Coach needs to get the best out if his players any way he can. Dineen was the yell and scream kind and how quickly did he loose the locker room?

Would you rather Hartley or Torts?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad