GDT: Peter Chiarelli Media Availability

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
He's a supposed pro getting paid 6M longterm. In a place and team he had stated he was thrilled to be. Why shouldn't fans be frustrated he's done a total about face and laid down most of the past season?

This is the sad sack we got that allowed an idiot GM to think we could just trade Taylor Hall.

Pretty sure he was just thrilled thinking he'll be playing with the best player in the world's line on a regular basis. 20+ games without a goal on the captain's line, and no PPG since November/December. One ES goal that wasn't on McDavid's line. The only single memorable good thing I can remember about Looch's pathetic season is smacking Mike Smith around.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I always laugh at how triggered everybody gets at every press conference knowing full well going in that the GM is not going to say anything outside of "I just traded a 7th rounder for Karlsson" that will please anybody. I agree that he sucks but I never have any expectations anymore so I rarely get upset anymore.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
I always laugh at how triggered everybody gets at every press conference knowing full well going in that the GM is not going to say anything outside of "I just traded a 7th rounder for Karlsson" that will please anybody. I agree that he sucks but I never have any expectations anymore so I rarely get upset anymore.

I don't think anyone is upset at Chia for this presser.

If anything he said more than you would normally expect in that he spilled the beans on Lucic.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007

He did basically confirm Lucic wants out and I don't know why he publicly says this but he admits he is shopping the pick for a d-man.

Reactions: McAsuno

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
He did basically confirm Lucic wants out and I don't know why he publicly says this but he admits he is shopping the pick for a d-man.

Ray Shero is licking his fingers right now for another great opportunity to fleece Chiarelli.
Incoming 1st round pick for Damon Severson.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014

I think this is more of an opportunity to vent through riffing on new (stupid) material Chiarelli has provided to the media, rather than to get increasingly angry.

Everyone mocking Chia in here was already this mad before the presser, I expect.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting

So its important for you to laugh at other posters and mention this specifically just because other posters are having perfectly reasonable reactions to Chia? Wow, nice timing post..

What a piss poor way to start a post on a thread that is reactive on an Oilers messageboard.

Triggered is what we are.

McBigYak

Nov 4, 2015
Calgary Alberta
If Milan did request a trade, which is fairly obvious right now and we aren't able to move him, I expect his play to be better, not worse like a lot are thinking.

If he mails it in, he's stuck here for the remainder of that contract. If he actually plays well, we would be able to move him.

Reactions: Showcor3

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I don't think anyone is upset at Chia for this presser.

If anything he said more than you would normally expect in that he spilled the beans on Lucic.

I don't know, seemed like just about every post in this thread was anger directed at every answer of his. It's the same thing during every presser thread. Not that I blame you guys for being mad, just an observation on my part about déjà vu again.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Also dude looks like he aged 5 years in the span of 12 months, lol.

maxresdefault.jpg

ulran2gvm9wrxqxrw4aa

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
So its important for you to laugh at other posters and mention this specifically just because other posters are having perfectly reasonable reactions to Chia? Wow, nice timing post..

What a piss poor way to start a post on a thread that is reactive on an Oilers messageboard.

Triggered is what we are.

Settle down. No need to get triggered about my triggered comment. It was just an observation, I wasn't laying blame.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
You just know everyone is calling Chia and licking their chops. Which isn't a bad thing, per Nicholson. Chia being loved by other managers and then all wanting to do business with him is a great advantage, so we are told.

ToeMcDrag83

5-14-6-1
Aug 25, 2010
Oil Country
I think this is more of an opportunity to vent through riffing on new (stupid) material Chiarelli has provided to the media, rather than to get increasingly angry.

Everyone mocking Chia in here was already this mad before the presser, I expect.

Yeah bingo. My emotional intelligence not being exceptionally high, I gave into the dark side more than few months ago and just lash out.
This is just a recent opportunity to pounce on what are already angry/frustrated thoughts stewing form last season plus from his moves.

Reactions: Aerrol

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
If Milan did request a trade, which is fairly obvious right now and we aren't able to move him, I expect his play to be better, not worse like a lot are thinking.

If he mails it in, he's stuck here for the remainder of that contract. If he actually plays well, we would be able to move him.

Given his personality of someone who mopes when things aren't going his way, I wouldn't bank on it. Oilers will probably have to end up retaining salary on his deal.

Kalost

Jan 21, 2015
I doubt Tambellini would be even that stupid to trade Taylor Hall for Adam Larsson or picks for Griffin flipping Reinhart to say the least.

True, but we would also still be drafting coke machines that can't play, lose/lose either way

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
I don't know, seemed like just about every post in this thread was anger directed at every answer of his. It's the same thing during every presser thread. Not that I blame you guys for being mad, just an observation on my part about déjà vu again.

Oh don't get me wrong we're pissed at Chia. Just not for his answers in this presser. :P

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad