GDT: Peter Chiarelli Media Availability

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Meanwhile Hall endured nothing but losing here, and still never asked for a trade. Character though, right? Lucic and Chiarelli can both **** off.

Yup such nonsense, Hall gutted it out for this team for many losing seasons, still willing to drive face first into the net to get a goal, and was still absolutely devastated to be traded and he's painted as the "bad guy".

Meanwhile "all around character, super duper leader" Milan Lucic is asking for a trade out after year 2 here after totally giving up for 50 straight games.

f*** off with that character nonsense.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton

Yeah well.. we traded Taylor Hall, picks for a bust in Reinhart, Eberle trade that freed up cap space only to be used on a Russell contract extension. Now we still don't have a offensive d man, our scoring on the wing is putrid, and we're tight in cap. f*** Chiarelli, seriously.

Reactions: Aerrol

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Yup such nonsense, Hall gutted it out for this team for many losing seasons and was still absolutely devastated to be traded and he's painted as the "bad guy".

Meanwhile "all around character, super duper leader" Milan Lucic is asking for a trade out after year 2 here.

**** off with that character nonsense.
We sure do like to mythologize some players. Either way, I suspect the "market" has a much larger affect on the players then the "market" is apt to admit.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
He'll be spinning the typical patience, recommend the Mediterranean chicken pizza, and gush over Ty Smith.

I have it on good authority that if he switches his recommendation to the meat lovers today that the Oilers will trade the pick. A Ham and Pineapple curveball = trading up.

Reactions: McAsuno and MisterD

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Lucic is hands down the worst signing in the history of this franchise, and wanting to bail out now says a lot about his so-called "character".

Probably got upset that he can't play on McDavid's line due to his slow ass skating, poor decision making, and inability to handle the puck.

Reactions: gordonhught

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
I love how Matheson asks these questions that obviously Chia's not going to answer. Hang 'em up Matty, you're ruining your legacy and not contributing to anything meaningful journalism-wise.

So based off Chia's response on the Benning question from Gregor it sounds like maybe they're hoping for a specific right shot defenseman to fall and if not then they'll draft BPA which they expect might be a left handed D.

I also like hearing that they've got more overage players on their list this year, although none ranked very high. I personally like Joel Teasdale, Brandon Saigeon, Linus Nyman and Sean Durzi.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
I love how Matheson asks these questions that obviously Chia's not going to answer. Hang 'em up Matty, you're ruining your legacy and not contributing to anything meaningful journalism-wise.

So based off Chia's response on the Benning question from Gregor it sounds like maybe they're hoping for a specific right shot defenseman to fall and if not then they'll draft BPA which they expect might be a left handed D.

I also like hearing that they've got more overage players on their list this year. I personally like Joel Teasdale, Brandon Saigeon, Linus Nyman and Sean Durzi.

And the Edmonton Oilers proud to select from the Spokane Chiefs, Ty Smith.

Meanwhile, players like Bouchard, Boqvist, Wahlstrom are still available. Hur durrr.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary

Yeah well.. we traded Taylor Hall, picks for a bust in Reinhart, Eberle trade that freed up cap space only to be used on a Russell contract extension. Now we still don't have a offensive d man, our scoring on the wing is putrid, and we're tight in cap. **** Chiarelli, seriously.

Calgary got one that scored more goals than all our wingers for a few picks.

Reactions: Aerrol and McAsuno

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
Lucic is hands down the worst signing in the history of this franchise, and wanting to bail out now says a lot about his so-called "character".

The signing was horrendously bad at the time and now even worse. But we don't know why Lucic wants to leave. He's had nothing but good press and comments from literally everyone in hockey until now. There were quiet rumors in the last half of the season that Looch was having some family troubles but they were extremely vague.

we don't know what we don't know at this point.

Reactions: Frank the Tank

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007

Yeah well.. we traded Taylor Hall, picks for a bust in Reinhart, Eberle trade that freed up cap space only to be used on a Russell contract extension. Now we still don't have a offensive d man, our scoring on the wing is putrid, and we're tight in cap. **** Chiarelli, seriously.

Yeah Peter it is hard to find that player ... especially when you hire a GM who compromises you in trade negotiations for that exact type of player because he was the former GM for that franchise.

A big part of the reason why we don't have that player is because we hired you instead of literally any other person.

Reactions: Aerrol and McAsuno

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad