GDT: Peter Chiarelli Media Availability

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Lucic is hands down the worst signing in the history of this franchise, and wanting to bail out now says a lot about his so-called "character".

I honestly hope that if he does get traded Khaira beats him into next week (which yes probably will not happen due to Lucic still being a hell of a fighter) but you signed a monster contract, wanted and got a NMC and NTC, and now after a bad 40 games and being taken off of Connor’s wing you want to take your ball and go to California? f*** you. Sit in the press box for the next four seasons.

Reactions: McAsuno

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
I honestly hope that if he does get traded Khaira beats him into next week (which yes probably will not happen due to Lucic still being a hell of a fighter) but you signed a monster contract, wanted and got a NMC and NTC, and now after a bad 40 games and being taken off of Connor’s wing you want to take your ball and go to California? **** you. Sit in the press box for the next four seasons.

Waaaaah, I no longer can play with McDavid! Send me back to the states, waaaah. f*** outta here, Lucic.

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
I doubt Tambellini would be even that stupid to trade Taylor Hall for Adam Larsson or picks for Griffin flipping Reinhart to say the least.
Tambellini would have sat on his hands and McDavid, Draisaitl, Hall, and whoever we picked at #16 would be tearing up the league right now.
You're really young, because this ABSOLUTELY isn't true in the slightest.
Tambellini would have done absolutely nothing and this team would have been better off. Chia has actively destroyed every aspect of this team.

Reactions: Supermassive

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
The signing was horrendously bad at the time and now even worse. But we don't know why Lucic wants to leave. He's had nothing but good press and comments from literally everyone in hockey until now. There were quiet rumors in the last half of the season that Looch was having some family troubles but they were extremely vague.

we don't know what we don't know at this point.

WE know that he sucked here. Its enough, and chia should be fired for that alone.

"Milan Lucic will replace the Hall offense"

lol

If monkeys were in control of this franchise it would be less frustrating. But they would be more inclined to throw their feces at fans. It feels the same anyway.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Tambellini would have sat on his hands and McDavid, Draisaitl, Hall, and whoever we picked at #16 would be tearing up the league right now.

Tambellini would have done absolutely nothing and this team would have been better off. Chia has actively destroyed every aspect of this team.

Yeah well, now we lack scoring wingers, still don't have a legit offensive dman, and we're tight to the core with the cap. All hail Chiarelli.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
Although, I do like that he asked. Rishaug and Gregor do not have the balls to ask.

Straight up asking if Lucic requested a trade did take some stones but I think someone else(Rishaug probably) would have covered that one.

Asking whether or not Chia is trying to sign Nurse was a complete waste of a question.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014

Yeah well.. we traded Taylor Hall, picks for a bust in Reinhart, Eberle trade that freed up cap space only to be used on a Russell contract extension. Now we still don't have a offensive d man, our scoring on the wing is putrid, and we're tight in cap. **** Chiarelli, seriously.

@oXo Cube f***ing called it.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Can you imagine how pathetic Lucic will be next season if we are not able to trade him? He would actually manage to play worse. Did he decide he didn't want to be here at Xmas time?

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton

Yeah well.. we traded Taylor Hall, picks for a bust in Reinhart, Eberle trade that freed up cap space only to be used on a Russell contract extension. Now we still don't have a offensive d man, our scoring on the wing is putrid, and we're tight in cap. **** Chiarelli, seriously.

Yeah, It's not easy when you're busy trading all of your assets for anything but. We've had the same need for what seems like forever.

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
WE know that he sucked here. Its enough, and chia should be fired for that alone.

"Milan Lucic will replace the Hall offense"

lol

If monkeys were in control of this franchise it would be less frustrating. But they would be more inclined to throw their feces at fans. It feels the same anyway.

I agree absolutely.

But I'm just surprised at people who are turning on Lucic without knowing anything at all about what is happening behind the scenes.

Reactions: OilDrop37

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
Can you imagine how pathetic Lucic will be next season if we are not able to trade him? He would actually manage to play worse. Did he decide he didn't want to be here at Xmas time?

This is exactly what happened.

He got his and now hes mailing it in looking for his first ticket out of town.

We all knew going in that the contract would be problematic but I wasn't expecting to get the complete opposite of the player we were supposed to be getting here.

Reactions: Aerrol

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
To be a little positive, I hadn't heard the news that they're shrinking goalie chest-protectors. That's nice, I hope it leads to some greater differentiation between goalies and more scoring overall.

.........though...that might be bad for us as I think both our goalies are currently more of the 'be big and use angles' variety than great reactions. ah f***. Still failed at being positive.

Reactions: ToeMcDrag83

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
To be a little positive, I hadn't heard the news that they're shrinking goalie chest-protectors. That's nice, I hope it leads to some greater differentiation between goalies and more scoring overall.

.........though...that might be bad for us as I think both our goalies are currently more of the 'be big and use angles' variety than great reactions. ah ****. Still failed at being positive.

You can count on 'Kagome' and his rose colored glasses to spread false positivity.

Reactions: TB12

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I agree absolutely.

But I'm just surprised at people who are turning on Lucic without knowing anything at all about what is happening behind the scenes.

He's a supposed pro getting paid 6M longterm. In a place and team he had stated he was thrilled to be. Why shouldn't fans be frustrated he's done a total about face and laid down most of the past season?

This is the sad sack we got that allowed an idiot GM to think we could just trade Taylor Hall.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
You can count on 'Kagome' and his rose colored glasses to spread false positivity.

lol, I honestly don't know why more of you guys don't just have him on ignore. Why waste effort arguing with his silliness when you can just wipe it away with a feature? Instead I just get to see everyone's responses to him :P

Reactions: TB12 and harpoon

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad