Player Discussion Peter Cehlarik

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Fair enough. Fwiw, I agree. I hope they're not super quick to pull the plug, or worse play him with Backes and call it a failed audition. Everyone has failed in that scenario, from DeBrusk to Nordstrom. But all those guys have also failed with Krejci and Pasta and that's where Cehlarik could really set himself apart.

I also think he'd be fine on a 3rd line with JFK and Heinen or Donato. His line mates don't have to be Krejci/Pasta or bust. He didn't play with either of them in training camp and did just fine.

Oh no I didn't think of that scenario....please not Backes.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Could be? I agree that Cehlarik earned a look, I just don’t like losing any player for nothing to facilitate it. I doubt there’s any sort of compensation set up for losing Cave. More likely they just hoped he would clear.

Based on Cassidy's comments Cave wasn't playing and happy to see him get an opportunity elsewhere. This tells me he wasn't part of the long term plan. I liked Cave but not losing sleep over it. He deserves to be playing in NHL it wasn't going to be in Boston.

I have long maintained the bruins always appreciated Cehlarik's game...I don't think he's the guy being looked at or traded unless something present's itself that Don can't refuse.

Good luck Celery!

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
We need to give him a fair look, give him at least 10 games at 14-15 mins a game and see what he does.

10?

naw

he will be lucky if he gets 3

The reason why he will get a run is one or both Debrusk, Wagner will be out

There is no two ways about this...Cehlarik will need to generate points or at least scoring chances/offensive zone time

Reactions: Mr. Make-Believe

elMatador

Feb 20, 2008
Fair enough. Fwiw, I agree. I hope they're not super quick to pull the plug, or worse play him with Backes and call it a failed audition. Everyone has failed in that scenario, from DeBrusk to Nordstrom. But all those guys have also failed with Krejci and Pasta and that's where Cehlarik could really set himself apart.

I also think he'd be fine on a 3rd line with JFK and Heinen or Donato. His line mates don't have to be Krejci/Pasta or bust. He didn't play with either of them in training camp and did just fine.

Krejci's game is based on skill. Instead of a mindless skating up and down the ice he prefers a rather specific players, super skilled with silky hands, elite vision and high hockey IQ to be on his level. That's why Marchand and Pasta are so deadly alongside him.
Lets see if Cehlarik given the opportunity could bring some of it and be of a benefit to Krejci. There was some promise previously.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Krejci's game is based on skill. Instead of a mindless skating up and down the ice he prefers a rather specific players, super skilled with silky hands, elite vision and high hockey IQ to be on his level. That's why Marchand and Pasta are so deadly alongside him.
Lets see if Cehlarik given the opportunity could bring some of it and be of a benefit to Krejci. There was some promise previously.

Agreed. Before killer Hunwick took out Cehlarik with knee on knee Cehlarik was playing well...the silky hands/high end hockey IQ was evident. Heinen, Donato, Backes, and Nords have all had the opportunity here and there first half of the season to play with Krejci. Out of the bunch Nords looked the most effective.

It's going to be a great test for Cehlarik...going to be some pressure too!

Funny thing is I always felt Cehlarik had a little Krejci in him.

elMatador

Feb 20, 2008
Agreed. Before killer Hunwick took out Cehlarik with knee on knee Cehlarik was playing well...the silky hands/high end hockey IQ was evident. Heinen, Donato, Backes, and Nords have all had the opportunity here and there first half of the season to play with Krejci. Out of the bunch Nords looked the most effective.

It's going to be a great test for Cehlarik...going to be some pressure too!

Funny thing is I always felt Cehlarik had a little Krejci in him.

I remember that game in Pittsburgh. Already had an assist and going strong in that game. His first game last year was on Bergeron's line while Marchand was sidelined. Only next 4 games he was moved down to Krejci and DeBrusk. He had one more game then in February, 10min on the 3rd line.
The year before with Pasta and Krejci he was just too raw. Skill was already there but defensively not much. Pasta also very young not much of 2 way player so it was hard for Krejci to cover for both.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
10?

naw

he will be lucky if he gets 3

The reason why he will get a run is one or both Debrusk, Wagner will be out

There is no two ways about this...Cehlarik will need to generate points or at least scoring chances/offensive zone time

I just hope he outplays Acciari :)

Reactions: sarge88

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

Yes, because Nate Horton and Milan Lucic totally fit the description:

“Super skilled with silky hands, elite vision, and high hockey IQ.”

As a side note, who wouldn’t want to play with guys fitting that description?

:laugh:

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
That's the beauty of Krejci. He can adjust to the lower levels on fly. But not Backes low, he has some pride. :laugh:

Nice try.

I think one could probably say that Krejci enjoys playing with good players, regardless of style.

If he could adjust two lower levels on the fly, why do people keep saying he needs to play with Marchand and Pasta or that the B’s need to trade for a talented wing?

Reactions: BigBear83
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad